Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-16-2018, 08:06 AM   #1
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

14 Day Roster Rule and Playoffs

I think this rule should be suspended during the playoffs. If we are not allowed to expand the playoff roster we should at least have a little more flexibility.

For instance, I am about to play in the Wild Card game. Why would I want 5 Starting Pitchers on my roster? I should be able to carry one or two for this round so I can add more bench players and relievers and then bring back the starters if I advance to the DS.
freedavebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:26 AM   #2
Kushiel
All Star Starter

There is plenty of flexibility already. If you carry 10 pitchers and 15 position players you will have 6 available on the bench. How many do you think you need?

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:45 AM   #3
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Who knows, the point is that why should I have to carry 3-4 completely useless players on my team for a round of the playoffs? There´s a reason that not a single actual MLB team carries five starters for the Wild Card game. The Yankees had three backup catchers this year. And it´s not just for injury. It gives the in game manager more flexibility and there is literally ZERO reason to have 5 starting pitchers for a one game playoff series.

Why don´t my rosters just reset after each round of the playoffs?
Old 12-16-2018, 09:19 AM   #4
KinrossFlyers
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Location: About 1 1/2 hours from Kinross, home of Kinchloe Air Force base.
I set my team to a three man rotation for the playoffs. I'm using my other 2 starters as relievers for the duration. It's kind of nice, you know, when you get to the 14th inning and can slip a starter in without fear. They're scrambling to make defensive subs (which tend to be sh***y hitters) and I'm bringing my fresh #4 starter in to mow 'em down? Yeah...baby. Also avoids the prospect of having Lee Smith out their for 3+ innings, 'cause when Lee gets tired, you can imagine Ernie Harrell saying, "There's a looooooonnnnng drive, way back, GONE!!!"
KinrossFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:52 AM   #5
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

IRL a team would ship out its two worst pitchers and give themselves more versatility.

But why do you need a removal of the 14 day rule to do that? Just send the pitchers down. You're not going to need those guys again as long as you're in playoff mode, right?
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:06 PM   #6
daves
Hall Of Famer

I get it. I brought up a replacement starter near season end and had to demote utility speed OF. Now that speed pinch runner will not be available for the playoffs.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:05 PM   #7
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
IRL a team would ship out its two worst pitchers and give themselves more versatility.

But why do you need a removal of the 14 day rule to do that? Just send the pitchers down. You're not going to need those guys again as long as you're in playoff mode, right?
Well, I would obviously want to set up my team differently for a single game WC playoff than I would for a 5 game series or a 7 game series no?

It just will never make sense to me that I have to have 4 SP on my team for a wild card game just in case I win and have to play a 5 game series next.