Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #1
Scott83
Bat Boy

New Player - Question

So having bought my first version of OOTP Baseball last year I decided to take advantage of the offer and buy FHM 3. I have been really getting into American sports over the last couple of years and watching a lot of NHL/MLB/NFL/NBA so am looking forward to giving this game a go.

Having read through the forums I see that there is an update that is due soon so was just wondering whether I would be best off waiting to start a save. I know that these are normally save game compatible but there are some things that won't take effect until a new game is started - for the sake of a coupe of weeks I wouldn't mind waiting if it was better to do so.
Scott83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

the game is great...I've experienced no issues that keeps me from playing...in fact...I really haven't experience any issues at all.

I'd go for it.
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Some things will transfer to your save. Some things will not.

What you should consider right now is maybe trying a mode out right now and get to know the game (if you're worried about that). Maybe try a different league, or the Historical or Fictional Game and have some fun getting to know the game. That way when the update does come you can see and compare the differences and still have learned some of the ins and outs of the game.

Last edited by Adam B; 02-06-2017 at 01:09 AM.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #4
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

I would say buy it now and start a save to see if you like it. If you don't, you can always ask for a refund, and then you can use the upcoming update to start a "serious" game...
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #5
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

Is there a way to start a PTG in comish mode? I like to redo some of the player ratings that I think need adjusting? Thanks for any info.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:21 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

No, commisioner mode can't be activated while playing PtG - that's part of the challenge of PtG, being able to edit would make it easy to easy to cheat for achievements/scores.

About the original question, the update should be out very soon and there will be a few things that will best be experienced with a new game, but, like Adam said, it's still worth it to start a game now and get a feel for how the game works, particularly if you're new to the sport.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:27 AM   #7
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

It is a great game, i'm also waiting for the next patch before starting a new career. But in the meantime you can just try to understand the game, there is a lot to learn.
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:56 PM   #8
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Any chance we could get the color options you get with commissioner mode in PTG?
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #9
Scott83
Bat Boy

Thanks for the advice here - I had a couple of days messing about to see how things work before the new (huge) update came out today. So now onto a long term save with the LA Kings.

Last year I bought my first ever OOTP Baseball game and was so impressed that I will be making it a yearly purchase and I will be doing the same with FHM! Really enjoying it and looking forward to seeing how it improves year on year.
Scott83 is offline   Reply With Quote