Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #41
attackemu
All Star Reserve

I wanted to throw this out there - I commish an historical league and have been manually removing Latin American/Asian players from the draft pool and making them free agents since OOTP 12. I had hoped that I could make them 'international free agents' in 14 but it doesn't seem to be possible? In a perfect world, there could be an option wherein the game automatically puts non-American/Canadian/Puerto Rican players in the international free agents section when importing a draft class. But is it possible to at least allow me to a) have the option of assigning a player to international free agency when I import him individually or b) have the option for me, as commish, to assign players to a team's international development complex in the editor screen?

-ihatenames
attackemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #42
OutfieldGrass
Minors (Double A)

Still curious if the changes/fixes to the amateur draft will be seen in my already created league as long as I do not get to the point of generating the draft pool? Or do I have to restart the league to see the amateur draft fix?
OutfieldGrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #43
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

It seems these problems are cropping up in new "MLB Quickstart Leagues". They shouldn't be an issue in games ported over from v13? Am I safe to play through to the playoffs in a league that I have from then?
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #44
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Re: UPDATE: Plans & state of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpokrandt View Post

Also, after using the all in one, there are some players with actual pictures and others with facegen pictures. Is there a way to get some consistency.
The reason u get both is ur preference setting prior to starting ur league. It's defualt to look for facegens first and then photos u can change this . Also by going to ur game settings and unchecking the photo or facegen u can have it set to what u want for existing games .

The facegens were not 100% as its hard to get that many done quickly. So that's y u see some high res pics but that's easy fix .

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #45
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

UPDATE: Plans & state of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadeathdealer View Post
The reason u get both is ur preference setting prior to starting ur league. It's defualt to look for facegens first and then photos u can change this . Also by going to ur game settings and unchecking the photo or facegen u can have it set to what u want for existing games .

The facegens were not 100% as its hard to get that many done quickly. So that's y u see some high res pics but that's easy fix .

So I can have Facegen pics only if I like?
iBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #46
Tony79
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrandon View Post
So I can have Facegen pics only if I like?
Under League Settings / Player & Picture Settings if you uncheck the 'load player pictures automatically' then it will only use facegen pics.

Of course it won't correct those who now are using their photo. I'm don't know how you do that without starting a new game.
Tony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #47
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
Under League Settings / Player & Picture Settings if you uncheck the 'load player pictures automatically' then it will only use facegen pics.

Of course it won't correct those who now are using their photo. I'm don't know how you do that without starting a new game.
I'm at work, but there is a setting under Game Options to reset all pictures.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #48
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Re: UPDATE: Plans & state of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post

If u goto preference before u start a league and change it to check for facegens or photos but yea as I stated before in game setting u can changed for games already started. U will just need to regenerate player pics Thu the game settings

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #49
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackemu View Post
I wanted to throw this out there - I commish an historical league and have been manually removing Latin American/Asian players from the draft pool and making them free agents since OOTP 12. I had hoped that I could make them 'international free agents' in 14 but it doesn't seem to be possible? In a perfect world, there could be an option wherein the game automatically puts non-American/Canadian/Puerto Rican players in the international free agents section when importing a draft class. But is it possible to at least allow me to a) have the option of assigning a player to international free agency when I import him individually or b) have the option for me, as commish, to assign players to a team's international development complex in the editor screen?
This is about what I also have as a problem.

Anyone knows how and if this can be done.
the b) option should be a very welcomed thing I guess.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote