Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-09-2020, 06:37 AM   #1
bimper
Bat Boy

Negro players in historical sim

I play OOTP , starting with the latest season and add random historical players through the years. I want Negro league players to be incorporated. How do I do this without adding individual players?
bimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:26 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

You have to turn on the historical minor leagues.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
CarolinaSoxfan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimper View Post
I play OOTP , starting with the latest season and add random historical players through the years. I want Negro league players to be incorporated. How do I do this without adding individual players?
You have to do two things, turn on historical minor leagues and if you want the Negro League players to play in the majors you have to uncheck the color barrier restrictions. Once you do this you will see the contracts of the better negro league players get purchased by the MLB clubs and of course you will be able to do the same with the team you control
CarolinaSoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:08 AM   #4
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

With random debut though, I don't think you can include Negro League players (or any other minor leaguers) in the automatically generated draft classes. You'd have to add them manually, right?
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:18 AM   #5
CarolinaSoxfan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoiles View Post
With random debut though, I don't think you can include Negro League players (or any other minor leaguers) in the automatically generated draft classes. You'd have to add them manually, right?
hmmmm...that is a good question. I thought they appeared but now that you mention it I haven't seen any of them appear in my random debut league. I am going to have to go look and see now.
CarolinaSoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:43 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSoxfan View Post
hmmmm...that is a good question. I thought they appeared but now that you mention it I haven't seen any of them appear in my random debut league. I am going to have to go look and see now.
Other than Paige, they dont appear and of course its 1948 Paige not 1927. in my Rd league I added a few every 2 seasons.But they all import poorly.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:35 PM   #7
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Other than Paige, they dont appear and of course its 1948 Paige not 1927. in my Rd league I added a few every 2 seasons.But they all import poorly.
Batters like Josh Gibson and Oscar Charleston import as Hall of Fame quality players, but pitchers like Paige don't. I think it's another victim of the fielding independent stat model underrating some of the older pitchers who didn't rely as much on strikeouts as pitchers do now.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:53 AM   #8
bimper
Bat Boy

I was adding them individually, and like The game says, they import poorly. None of them ever showed HOF ability.
bimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:43 PM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoiles View Post
Batters like Josh Gibson and Oscar Charleston import as Hall of Fame quality players, but pitchers like Paige don't. I think it's another victim of the fielding independent stat model underrating some of the older pitchers who didn't rely as much on strikeouts as pitchers do now.
I just hand edited 90 of 100 NeL players for the league that Tex and i did.Paige & Gibson I did not touch but Paige is a 2.5 star guy with scouting at 100. Gibson 3.5 to 4 approx. Dandridge & Judy Johnson dont have any of the fielding they were supposed to have and neither had pitching ratings yet Mark Grace is a 1.5 star P in some leagues.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #10
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

The Problem is that you can't use Historical Minors with Random debut, I have advocated that the Historical Minors Player Database be available as a "Stand alone" Database for a few years now.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:43 PM   #11
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Random Debut is good but same guys in first year/not a lot and future years don't get any bad if do just a couple.