Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Game always freezes when minimized to check the forums

I had a long sanding ticket open for OOTP 19 for this same problem, and it's still happening in OOTP20.

Whenever I minimize the game to go into the forums to check something out it crashes completely. EVERY...TIME. Are the forums not compatible with the game or something?

It's not my computer as it has happened on both of my laptops.
Why is there a windowed option if it doesn't work when minimized? Just make it a full screen game? This is something I do quite often so it is a major letdown/issue that it does this. I probably check the forums every half hour or so.

Please help...

I've done traceroutes, uninstall/reinstall background game data. A completely new reinstall of the game, etc...

Windows 10
Inspiron laptop
OOTP 19 AND 20

Last edited by Findest2001; 05-19-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:57 PM   #2
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Just did it again when checking the forum because I'm having another issue inside PT. The game won't let me re-enable auto-download. I can't find it in settings anywhere, and I already tried to log out and log back in.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:56 PM   #3
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Just froze and had to be task manager shut down again when minimized for a whopping 15 seconds
Old 05-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Just made one post on the forum and it did it again.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:58 PM   #5
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Again...
Old 05-21-2019, 04:30 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I noticed you have a ticket for this as well and Alex had asked me to review the ticket on OOTP19 as well.

Unfortunately, while this is something we've occasionally gotten scattered reports on over the years, it's not something I have a reliable fix for, as it's likely related to something specific on your system and how it's set up.

That it's happening on both your systems is likely a result of their sharing something in common, likely another program running at the same time as OOTP. It's surely not the forums specifically that's causing the crash, rather likely the action of minimzing and maximing.

The problem is, that I really do not know where to go at this point in troubleshooting this. Alex has tried basically everything I can think of to suggest.

These sort of issues where something outside the game is interferring with it can be almost impossible to troubleshoot, as we can never really fully recreate the specific setup of your system. I know Alex was suspecting this was related to your Norton anti-virus, and that seems as likely a possibility as any to me.

So at this point in time, I'm not sure what else to suggest trying to get this sorted out, other than to try shutting down any other programs you have running at the same time as OOTP (especially Norton and any other anti-virus, anti-malware, disk checkers etc) and to see if the same issue happens when each is running and each is closed.

In the meantime, I'll try to more thoroughly review your old ticket and do some research into this and see if I can find any information at all that might be helpful in figuring out what's going on.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote