Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Draft pick trading

I’m debating on enabling draft pick trading to expedite my rebuild (hopefully).

Anyone that has enabled this, have you noticed the AI trading draft picks to other teams or even proposing to your team?

Also, is their a way to set your team direction so for instance, if you are rebuilding, you don’t get constant offers of veterans. It would be nice to get an offer for my veterans, especially ones I have on the trade block, instead of veterans being offered to me that I have 0 interest in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bulldawgz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:57 PM   #2
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

I’ve had the ai offer up to a 2nd round pick as part of a package deal. Not often but it happens.
panda234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:10 AM   #3
Bobfather
All Star Starter

Shop Draft Picks

I would like to be able to shop draft picks.
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:23 AM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

they definitely do use them... i can't attest to frequency etc... it's been too many years since i had this enabled. it wasn't whacky out of control, except for my team,

i think you need comissioner mode on to see that settings -- Team Settings to edit it, but also displayed in Front Office -- rebuild, netural, win now, and build a dynasty are the options.

it may revert each year, so keep eye on it. i think the AI owner determines that? if you are making the choices it probably doesn't matter much either way. you are already shifting gears in RL to your team needs, i'd think. probably influences owner goals, though.. so not completely irrelevant to your decisions, just indirectly related.

offers from teams are ... historically horrible.

go to rosters and transactions and make use of no-trade and available lists for players... you can at least reduce the AI offering you junk for players you would never trade. i've long since turned this email alert off, lol. when you do it yourself you get infinitely better deals done. take the time to find targets as opposed ot relying on AI giving you offers. do you think the orioles offer good options during initial dialogues with other teams? that'd be insanity in RL.

as a comission salesman would say... that's a "lay-down" or they "stickered you" lol... (bad grammar unless you are actually laying a body down... should be "lie-down") -- remember all salesman are evil and sell their souls everyday withholding information and other horrible things they'd never do to people they care about -- even the "good" ones in fact my suggestion is to find the least successful salesman in a retail store... most likely to get a good deal. the most successful ones typically have the highest profit margins... that's not so good for the customer, lol.... but you laugh and enjoy the guy's company, i guess. good coffee? trades are no different than any other negotiation. the other side has no concern for your well-being 99% of the time.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-06-2019 at 06:29 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:18 AM   #5
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
they definitely do use them... i can't attest to frequency etc... it's been too many years since i had this enabled. it wasn't whacky out of control, except for my team,

i think you need comissioner mode on to see that settings -- Team Settings to edit it, but also displayed in Front Office -- rebuild, netural, win now, and build a dynasty are the options.

it may revert each year, so keep eye on it. i think the AI owner determines that? if you are making the choices it probably doesn't matter much either way. you are already shifting gears in RL to your team needs, i'd think. probably influences owner goals, though.. so not completely irrelevant to your decisions, just indirectly related.

offers from teams are ... historically horrible.

go to rosters and transactions and make use of no-trade and available lists for players... you can at least reduce the AI offering you junk for players you would never trade. i've long since turned this email alert off, lol. when you do it yourself you get infinitely better deals done. take the time to find targets as opposed ot relying on AI giving you offers. do you think the orioles offer good options during initial dialogues with other teams? that'd be insanity in RL.

as a comission salesman would say... that's a "lay-down" or they "stickered you" lol... (bad grammar unless you are actually laying a body down... should be "lie-down") -- remember all salesman are evil and sell their souls everyday withholding information and other horrible things they'd never do to people they care about -- even the "good" ones in fact my suggestion is to find the least successful salesman in a retail store... most likely to get a good deal. the most successful ones typically have the highest profit margins... that's not so good for the customer, lol.... but you laugh and enjoy the guy's company, i guess. good coffee? trades are no different than any other negotiation. the other side has no concern for your well-being 99% of the time.

Thanks for the info, and 100% agree on the salesmen comments, haha. I guess the main thing I was hoping was teams would offer trades for players o had on the trade block. I would use that as the starting dialogue to tell me that the team is interested in my player.

In the tigers dynasty, I added castellanos to the trade block and I ended up trading him a week before the deadline. I never received a trade offer for him or any other player I added to the trade block. Instead I kept getting offers for veterans I don’t want. Not very realistic imo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bulldawgz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it defintely helps to list them as 'available' and set up team needs etc... not a magic bullet though.

use those offers as a stepping off point... it tells you the GM likes that guy a tleast a little bit... it doesn't view him as a 20/80 etc... which many gm might if marginal player. likely they have a team need for his position or a position he could potentially play.

same with shopping, befreo they 'improved' it. if by improve, made easier/watered-down personal opinion of course.. it's a game. i can understand some think it was more of a chore before than fun.

keep a "Target" list (shortlist) of trade targets i prefer -- only what you need now and next couple years etc... i test waters and put up a package and see if ai gm will take... eventually i get my targets into the fold before i need them. end up with way better talent and tailored to need that way too. i go after the guy with the oldest current player in mlb. first in, first out... (obviously contract length needs to cover the window of time too and not age too much to trade for value later)

Last edited by NoOne; 04-06-2019 at 07:41 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:46 AM   #7
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

I definitely use this. I prefer fictional with feeders so I know the draft class a year or two before. Some years draft picks are more valuable than others. The AI values 1st rounders. It does not sell them cheaply and will trade value for them. If I know my 1st round pick won't get me a player i like I will package it in a trade every time.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote