Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:01 AM   #1
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Has the recurring mid-70s draft problem been fixed.

So I would love to purchase this new version, but I want to know if the HM issue with the mid-70s draft has been fixed? If no one remembers, I talked about it here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=283403

Thanks for any help,
Aaron
Old 01-26-2019, 12:29 AM   #2
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

So does the silence mean that the problem still persists and there is a draft class in the mid-70s that is essentially empty? Or is the board just not very active?
Old 01-28-2019, 12:16 AM   #3
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Wow, three days and not a single reply. Damn that sucks.....

Well, I’ve been very supportive of FHM in the past and bought most of the previous versions. However, I am not buying another copy until this issue is resolved and I am not going to buy a copy just to find out either. It is not a good sign that neither the developers now anyone else can answer such a simple question. It makes me sad because I used to be so enthusiastic about this game and was very critical of those who bashed FHM.

Maybe I will see you next year....
Old 01-28-2019, 02:17 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
Wow, three days and not a single reply. Damn that sucks.....

Well, I’ve been very supportive of FHM in the past and bought most of the previous versions. However, I am not buying another copy until this issue is resolved and I am not going to buy a copy just to find out either. It is not a good sign that neither the developers now anyone else can answer such a simple question. It makes me sad because I used to be so enthusiastic about this game and was very critical of those who bashed FHM.

Maybe I will see you next year....
You posted on a Thursday Night, then expect a fast reply on a weekend? We have to take some time to ourselves you know?

The answer hasn't really changed as far as I know though. There's still things we're looking at tweaking at, but the 70s are a bit of a mess for drafting. I'm sure Jeff is still trying to think of a better solution, but there's no easy fixes.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:20 PM   #5
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

so....I'm running a random debut league...started in the 60/61 season with Detroit and am now in the 69/70 season. Is my league gonna get fubar'ed at some point during the 70's?
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:59 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmuth View Post
so....I'm running a random debut league...started in the 60/61 season with Detroit and am now in the 69/70 season. Is my league gonna get fubar'ed at some point during the 70's?
You shouldn't.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:08 AM   #7
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
You posted on a Thursday Night, then expect a fast reply on a weekend? We have to take some time to ourselves you know?

The answer hasn't really changed as far as I know though. There's still things we're looking at tweaking at, but the 70s are a bit of a mess for drafting. I'm sure Jeff is still trying to think of a better solution, but there's no easy fixes.
You’ll have to excuse my impatience.... I have been asking about this, waiting, and still purchasing your games for five years. This was even fixed once before, albeit briefly, since the fix only came a few months before the next version was released. Unfortunately, the fix wasn’t carried forward for some reason.

Any chance this is fixed for FHM6?
Old 04-02-2019, 08:01 PM   #8
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
You’ll have to excuse my impatience.... I have been asking about this, waiting, and still purchasing your games for five years. This was even fixed once before, albeit briefly, since the fix only came a few months before the next version was released. Unfortunately, the fix wasn’t carried forward for some reason.

Any chance this is fixed for FHM6?
Baffling that a small issue like this is what is keeping you from buying the game. Why is this such a big deal? I get that it messes up the realism slightly, but it's really not that big of a deal..
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 05:33 AM   #9
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella19 View Post
Baffling that a small issue like this is what is keeping you from buying the game. Why is this such a big deal? I get that it messes up the realism slightly, but it's really not that big of a deal..
I generally start in 1972 or 1973 and my favorite games are to take over the Kansas City Scouts in 1974. So the mid-70s draft being screwed up essentially undermines the entire start of the game and this carries forward for a few years. I simply don't agree that it undermines the realism slightly. I would argue that it undermines it substantially, but for short period. I'd be happy to explain this, but playing as an expansion team with two drafts screwed up ruins the game for an easy half a decade or more. You can work around it, and I have, for years. I'm done with that BS....

Additionally, I don't see why I or anyone should have to spend hours and hours simming through their mistake when they've already fixed this problem before, then broke it again, and have now ignored it. As I said, I've already have done this for years while still supporting this game on this and other forums. In addition, I have already purchased THREE previous versions of this game with the same bug. The third copy I didn't even play--I merely purchased it to support this company. And I reiterate: this is a mistake that was FIXED and the FIX has been REMOVED! Now why should I keep buying something with the same damn mistake? Why I should pay for a product where they essentially added a problem that undermines their own game? From my perspective, I can't begin to understand why you'd expect me to do this.

As an aside, just because something isn't a problem to you doesn't mean it isn't a gamebreaker to others. I wish this wasn't the case for me. I used to be extremely supportive against the naysayers and if they fix this problem I will purchase the next version. Until then, I'll keep checking in every few months... and then I'll go back to being disappointed and giving my money to someone else.