Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #1
Keelo
Bat Boy

Relief pitcher fatigue

I control my own pitching staff and mostly sim games. I find that midway through the season, all of my relievers are fatigued, so I turn to resetting fatigue level. Is this something seasoned players experience as well, or do you have tips for avoiding fatigue in all relievers?
Keelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

well, if the ai does things, all you have is the depth chart..

try different configurations.. make sure the right players ahve secondary roles for when someone gets tired etc...

even in RL teams have to make callups due to fatigue issues. ..

you could try pitch counts. they will try to reach those numbrs, last i looked into how they influence use.. even if more than 1 inning etc. find a # that allows for 2 or 3 days in a row, relative to need and avoids an immediate day off after use... probably best strategy for using pitch counts on RP.. if you even go that route.

** leave closer 35-40 or unlimited if you care about Saves, or they wil get pulled in any tough 9th inning they struggle -- or maybe you want that? how often? i'd guess 10-20 times per year for even the best closer if you put it at ~25. tehy tend to get staggered use anyway... i'd leave closer unlimited or wherever they get tired (~40 as long as not really low stamina)

other than that, make sure you have 2 SU if you pen gets used a ton, maybe even 3 defined or at least a 3rd with secondary role.

have the Long relive guy have a MR secondary role so they also get used beyond long relief.. probably need a guy witha secondary Long releif role too, lol... you get the idea.

best way to combat it is SP that have good stamina and can regularly go 106-116 without getting 'slightly tired' etc... ~60/100 and higher typically.

extremely good SP with lower stamina can eat up innings too. jsut less likely they consistently get beyond 5-6 ip. a rotation of guys that only make it to 5-6th inning is going to kill any 7 RP.

oh, use 8 RP in pen.. one less bench player, maybe. easier to call up a need on bench than for pen due to fatigue. if you need more than ~500ip out of your pen (60-80ip-ish *8) you likely aren't going far anyway.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-19-2018 at 07:43 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keelo View Post
I control my own pitching staff and mostly sim games. I find that midway through the season, all of my relievers are fatigued, so I turn to resetting fatigue level. Is this something seasoned players experience as well, or do you have tips for avoiding fatigue in all relievers?
When you sim the AI controls pitcher usage.Unfortunately it often overuses some pitchers while underusing others. It will often ignore RP roles and sometimes not use a pitcher at all.

If all RP are tired check SP hook settings in manager strategy. I set it slower and use pitch counts to control overuse of SP. With RP judicious use of pitch counts help prevent the AI from killing your best non-closer/non-set up pitchers but you can't limit everyone because of extra inning games. I set two setup men to 6th inning or later because they don't get used right when split into 7th and 8th

Last but not least I use bench player on a tired well used RP to force the AI to use perfectly useful RP that it seems to ignore.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:06 PM   #4
MrDov
Minors (Triple A)

Another thing you can do is shuttle relievers back and forth between the majors and AAA. That's something IRL teams are starting to do to keep arms fresh.
MrDov is offline   Reply With Quote