Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-16-2018, 03:52 AM   #1
Nikemac
Bat Boy

AI keeps messing my team up help!

I love this game but it’s making me crazy. I started my first season and became the gm and manager. On the gm side it’s all good I make trades pick people up no problem. But on the manager side I set my lineups my pitching staff and make call ups set everything the way I want it then when I sim to the next week everything changes usually for the worse. Healthy players who are good get sent to the minors for scrubs and I can’t stop it. How do I stop the ai from doing this? It says in manager options that I control these actions and I do but they change anything I do the very next day. Any help would be much appreciated because if I can’t figure this out I’m not going to keep playing this game.
Nikemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:21 AM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

global settings -> "Gm-legacy mode" checkbox is what you want to enable.

you will have control no matter who is coaching. (reputaion, controlling personality can usurp your control otherwise)

EDIT:
wait, you are gm and coach? that shouldn't be happening.. may want to double check depth chart and/or manager office options about delegation.

promotions/demotions are a seperate option form lineups/depth chart.. think it's mil/mlb differentiated too? better re-read them all make sure you aren't delegating accidentally.

all else fails, go check that option anyway for gm-legacy mode.. should only be needed for GM-only, though.

if you are certain it's all kosher, go make a bug report.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-16-2018 at 11:24 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:11 PM   #3
Nikemac
Bat Boy

Yeah the computer is insane. I found the box you told me about clicked it went two weeks into the future and when it was done my set up guy with a stanima of 25 was my number two starter and all my changes were undone. In the team control settings it says I’m in control lineups depth charts active roster moves transactions and trades. That should cover me and allow me to keep my changes unless I’m missing something. I’ll report this in the bug section and maybe I’ll start a new game see if it’s still happening who knows.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #4
MrDov
Minors (Triple A)

Check your autoplay settings. You may have accidentally selected something that give AI control when you sim.
MrDov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

The AI is in control when you sim. Game couldn't work otherwise.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:45 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikemac View Post
Yeah the computer is insane. I found the box you told me about clicked it went two weeks into the future and when it was done my set up guy with a stanima of 25 was my number two starter and all my changes were undone. In the team control settings it says I’m in control lineups depth charts active roster moves transactions and trades. That should cover me and allow me to keep my changes unless I’m missing something. I’ll report this in the bug section and maybe I’ll start a new game see if it’s still happening who knows.
Can you post a screenshot of your page. Compare to mine.
Attached Images

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:11 PM   #7
Nikemac
Bat Boy

I think I figured it out. I had do not disturb clicked so when you do that I guess the ai takes over all lineups and rotation decisions. I still don’t understand the logic in sending my best player to the minors for a half star journeymen and putting my setup man in the rotation so I question the intelligence of the ai but whatever. Thanks for your help I’m sure I’ll have other questions in the future.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:40 PM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

most question the intelligence of real GM's in the mlb
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote