Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #181
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi77ens View Post
Less text, more shiny graphics. Noted
I vote for less chrome and more useful data. Like WAR and UZR and FIP and FRA and FRAA and EqBRR.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:43 AM   #182
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I would like to see graphs for things like BA, HR, RBI, OBP, SLG, FLD% and especially RATINGS over the course of a career.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #183
madJ
Major Leagues

Is there some kind of a rehab center for OOTP addicts? Markus and his team did it, I'm now officially an OOTP junkie! I usually have to cut off the power supply the hard way to stop playing.
madJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #184
2Rowdy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think I've bought every version since 6. I like the game A LOT... but... I don't love it. I've played almost every way imagineable. The most realistic to me is acting as a full blown GM, hire a manager and sim the games. However, that isn't what I want to do. I want to have a manager's contract and have to deal with whatever GM I have to deal with. Maybe sign a contract as a GM later in my career. Maybe even get an offer to do both, it has been done before. I always build a dynasty within 5 years, no matter how I play, so there isn't any sense in my team getting a free ride by not paying me. This issue takes any realism out of the game. I mentioned the game was too easy (unless you play on-line). I asked myself why. If it is so easy to acquire star players, why can't the Orioles get them? So, I quit making trades for anyone with more than 2/3 stars and I still won. I've used 'stats only' for scouting, that helped, but it's not realistic. I've also noticed that in 2 years the Yankees will be in or near the cellar of the AL East. The next issue is the roster. I suggest finding an 'expert' for each team and have them fix the rosters. I find myself fixing the same obvious mistakes every version. A couple of examples, Adam Jones range in CF, Nick Markakus is not a pull hitter. Like I said, I like them game.

Last edited by 2Rowdy; 04-13-2012 at 10:32 AM.
2Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #185
Spanky
Major Leagues

How do I delete League Standings? And Reset To Opening Day?

How do I delete League Standings? And Reset To Opening Day?

I'm playing OOTP13. Can anybody tell me how to delete the entire league standings as I want to reset my league and start over. I've tried hiting "erase entire league history" but it does not erase the standings. I've managed to delete all stats but the few games I've played still show up in the leauge standings. Once I delete the standing, I need to "reset" the league schedule/day to opening day. How is this accomplished?

Thanks, Spanky
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #186
2Rowdy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm pretty sure you can't do that. I think you need to start a new game.
2Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #187
wiggins
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
Well, I found out that storylines do work if you delete the old storylines.dat that was imported with your league (or re-import the xml on the database page). Might want to include that as a note for upgraders.

I still haven't seen any record-breaking or playoff-clinching stories, yet.
Where is the storyline dat. file located? and do I have to add something to have it take effect?

Last edited by wiggins; 04-13-2012 at 03:24 PM.
wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #188
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

I miss the Resume button on the Scores & Schedule screen. Hope Markus will bring it back.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #189
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggins View Post
Where is the storyline dat. file located? and do I have to add something to have it take effect?
It's in your saved game folder and deleting it only causes the game to load the default storyline file so if anything is changed this is how you can make it appear in your saved games
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #190
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

i just want to say how much i'm enjoying this version. RTS is just awesome. I've been watching the playoffs and its just so much fun to use. I'm usually a simmer and it's fun to watch the last day of baseball unfold in real time.

I haven't found too many bugs, nothing earth shattering. I'm using the Dark skin and that seems to be good....although i miss the Blue skin from the old ones. I haven't even touched Assocations yet or the new region stuff. Can't wait to try it!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:10 AM   #191
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

The black PBP text on a white background is smaller, lighter, and harder to read than last year's game. A return to last year's text size would be welcome.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #192
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

On batter substitutions during a game, the substitution PBP just gives the player's last name this year. It would be nice if the substitution info was more complete (like last year).
Old 04-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #193
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

In last year's box scores, the players' names for doubles, triples and home runs was in a different color which made them easier to pick out. It would be nice to see a return of that feature.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #194
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

After my game was over today, I brought up the BNN network window and was watching the games. I decided to 'watch' one of the games but after a few minutes I found no easy way to get out of it. When I brought up the BNN network screen again (from inside the game I was watching), it was frozen.

I guess the only way to get out is by clicking on the 'Leave Game' button from inside the game. It might be nice to put some navigating buttons on the BNN window so the game won't just hang.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #195
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

BNN Game Scores Screen

I'm not mad about the order that the summary info is posted beneath the box score. The current order is..

Batter [team2]
Pitcher [team1]
Result [team2]

I'll suggest that a better order would be...

Pitcher [team1]
Batter [team2]
Result [team2]

This way the batter line and the result line would be adjacent, and easier to follow.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #196
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermonk View Post
The black PBP text on a white background is smaller, lighter, and harder to read than last year's game. A return to last year's text size would be welcome.
Try the dark skin if you're having trouble. It works better for me in this regard.

EDIT: I should add, though, that this aside, the new UI is terrific. Well organized and handy.

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 04-14-2012 at 10:51 AM.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #197
ch33s3
Bat Boy

GREAT! game so far.

Took me a while to get it modded properly with the logos/player photos and all the options are daunting but I'm taking it slow and really going through everything thoroughly to get a better understanding of the game.

Thanks for all the work devs!!
ch33s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #198
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The challenge in this game is great.. trying to return to the World Series, only took me 9 years and this season I'm really struggling, no money, some big time players wanting top dollar for new contracts and I have injuries everywhere... love it!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #199
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Heh, it's a minor issue, I know, and it's been mentioned elsewhere so I won't make it a separate thread. I think they will tweak it in a patch.

But choose your poison!

The first screen print is from OOTP 13 and the second from OOTP 12. Perhaps there is a happy medium? Maybe the idea of superimposing the ML logo on the affiliate logo is not a good idea. At least the ML stamp should be downsized a bit.

But 13 beats the logo beheading of 12 even though the ML stamp in 12 was unobtrusive! Oh well . . .
Attached Images
Image Image 
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #200
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Options and Ballpark

It would be nice in the team drop-down menu in the Basic category to have a link directly to Options and Ballpark. This link is used quite a bit when users are setting up their teams & ballparks.