Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
elmerlee
Minors (Triple A)

Well -- we are 1/3 of the way ---

thru august. How about an update on the promised fixes.

Not a one by one report but simply are we going to get an august patch. If the thing does show my guess would be it will be august 31st just to be able
to say it was done as advertised.

If I am not mistaken the game and the last patch came out on the last day of a given time frame. Trouble was they came, but were not real near complete.
elmerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Killing Time
All Star Starter

Opening up the forum and seeing another pointless bitter rant by elmerlee reminds me of nothing so much as finding birdcrap on my car windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
In my best imitation of KT, "I don't know. Would? May? This could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed."
Please don't beat the dead graphics horse.
Killing Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Time View Post
Opening up the forum and seeing another pointless bitter rant by elmerlee reminds me of nothing so much as finding birdcrap on my car windshield.
He does have a point but it does unfortunately get lost in the...er...substance on your car windshield. I agree that in general the squeaky wheel (hopefully) always gets the grease, it's just that when you squeak the wheel and it sounds like nails running down a chalkboard and people have heard it before, you're going to have your message (and it's a valid one) drowned out by the delivery. No matter how frustrated you get (and this year's game is frustrating for people who play it a certain way), it never hurts to try not to let that show through too much in your posts. I share his frustration. I just try to express it in a different way.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
robc
Hall Of Famer

While I agree that I prefer the constant status updates I saw on the Puresim board, we don't know what Markus and the rest are working on. They don't owe it to us to work on OOTP 24 hours a day and hold our hands when we can't find something better to be concerned about. If the biggest problem in the world is 'when is the OOTP patch coming out?', it would be a good world to live in.
robc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

I'm a real surly SOB, but if I ever get as cranky and embittered as the OP, PM me and tell me so I can go get some anti-depressants and stop making everyone else miserable.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Dei View Post
I'm a real surly SOB, but if I ever get as cranky and embittered as the OP, PM me and tell me so I can go get some anti-depressants and stop making everyone else miserable.
As someone who has some experience with these things, I would advise staying away from the anti-depressants if you don't want to make yourself and everyone around you miserable. Everyone reacts differently to these things, but you might actually become even more of a surly bastage if you were to take them, if that is indeed possible.

Last edited by actionjackson; 08-11-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:34 AM   #7
fspikec
Minors (Single A)

Umm what is so broken that he needs to complain on the forums about? I'm not seeing to many issues at all, but I'm not in any online leagues.
fspikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:47 AM   #8
Dan Theman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Dei View Post
And to think I missed this opportunity so many years ago ... *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
Well ... To be fair, I am going to change the name to "DanSim Baseball"

- Shaun
Dan Theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #9
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

No you didn't, Dan, I only listen to good people.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
MD has disciples.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:24 AM   #10
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
you might actually become even more of a surly bastage if you were to take them, if that is indeed possible.
Hell, I may have to get some anyway then.

Quote:
MD has disciples.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fspikec View Post
Umm what is so broken that he needs to complain on the forums about? I'm not seeing to many issues at all, but I'm not in any online leagues.
There's too many things to mention here if one plays historicals, particularly with Neutralized Stats and extremely particularly if one enjoys modifying their Master file to set it up the way one wants it. I can't speak for elmerlee, but I think he fits into all three of these categories like I do and for us this year's game has...um...had issues (polite words in order to respect forum decorum). Why don't I try playing another way? 1) Because it's my game and I want to play it my way and 2) Because up until this version, I could play it this way. Again I'm not trying to justify the tone of the OP. I'm just trying to explain the frustration behind it, since you asked.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:48 PM   #12
robc
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There's too many things to mention here if one plays historicals, particularly with Neutralized Stats and extremely particularly if one enjoys modifying their Master file to set it up the way one wants it. I can't speak for elmerlee, but I think he fits into all three of these categories like I do and for us this year's game has...um...had issues (polite words in order to respect forum decorum). Why don't I try playing another way? 1) Because it's my game and I want to play it my way and 2) Because up until this version, I could play it this way. Again I'm not trying to justify the tone of the OP. I'm just trying to explain the frustration behind it, since you asked.
But you issue your complaints with respect and constructive criticism, so that is welcome.
robc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #13
Killing Time
All Star Starter

Quote:
There's too many things to mention here if one plays historicals, particularly with Neutralized Stats and extremely particularly if one enjoys modifying their Master file to set it up the way one wants it.
There it is. Clearly restated and birdcrap-free.

Take a lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
In my best imitation of KT, "I don't know. Would? May? This could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed."
Please don't beat the dead graphics horse.
Killing Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The OP has 187 posts in 8 years and somehow earns a reputation as bitter ranter??? And then the 2nd poster gets THANKED for the reference to birdcrap???

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #15
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Did you take the time to notice that the OP has only been thanked once? There's a reason for that: he really is a ranter.

Quote:
MD has disciples.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:25 AM   #16
fspikec
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
That would explain it, I pretty much only play Fictionals, so I'm not experiencing any of those issues.

From my perspective, the game is done very well with the only exception being some wonky AI GM's roster moves.
fspikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #17
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As someone who has some experience with these things, I would advise staying away from the anti-depressants if you don't want to make yourself and everyone around you miserable. Everyone reacts differently to these things, but you might actually become even more of a surly bastage if you were to take them, if that is indeed possible.
I saw a TV ad the other day for an anti-depressant: possible side effects include irritability, increased thoughts of suicide,..................

Is it just me or does something seem wrong there?
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #18
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

When someone's depression clears up they can finally see just how worthless they really are and then they off themselves?

Quote:
MD has disciples.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #19
WillieMaysHayes
Minors (Double A)

I've been away from this game for about 5 years, but I remember it being one of the best in any online genre with support and updates to cater to fan's needs. The differences from where this game was 5 years ago to today are remarkable.

Looks like some people have become a little spoiled?
WillieMaysHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #20
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fspikec View Post
I'm not seeing many in solo play. I'm having fun and seeing nothing to complain about or keep me from continuing to play.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote