Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:05 PM   #1
Hawks 27
Minors (Single A)

Best Performing Perfect League Cards

Anyone find any hidden gems that perform really well in the perfect leagues?

I’ve found some historical perfects that seem to disappoint and have tanked in value in the AH (Peak Joe Morgan comes to mind first). But I’ve also found some diamonds that play like beasts - Eddie Collins and Carl Hubbell come to mind.

What has everyone else found? OH, and for the love, is there a decent performing catcher out there?
Old 05-31-2019, 09:15 PM   #2
allenciox
All Star Reserve

So the problem with this is that as soon as people post names, their value in AH will skyrocket. We saw that in the thread about good bronze and silver players. As soon as a name got mentioned, prices in the AH went way up.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:16 PM   #3
<Pion>
All Star Starter

There aren't many hidden gems like there were in PT19. For the most part, the gems have been recognized and have high price tags. Not all high priced players are gems, but if a player looks like a bargain, there is probably a reason.

A lot of guys are still using Mike Lavalliere against RHP in Perfect. Great bang for the buck, or would it be Buc in this case.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:41 PM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks 27 View Post
Perfect Cy Young is really good.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:44 PM   #5
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks 27 View Post

I’ve found some historical perfects that seem to disappoint and have tanked in value in the AH (Peak Joe Morgan comes to mind first). But I’ve also found some diamonds that play like beasts - Eddie Collins and Carl Hubbell come to mind.

What has everyone else found? OH, and for the love, is there a decent performing catcher out there?
Perhaps that's the difference between lefties and righties. So many top teams are stacked with those bestially maxed power LHB exploiting lack of top pitching lefties. It's no coincidence that my LHP are performing better than RHP. You can expect that this will balance off in long term and cards like Morgan will start to hit on levels based on it's stats...
Old 05-31-2019, 11:07 PM   #6
Hawks 27
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Perfect Cy Young is really good.
Lol
Old 05-31-2019, 11:39 PM   #7
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

90 Ozzie Smith

very popular right now.

200 K kind of popular

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:53 PM   #8
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Yeah, 90 Ozzie Smith is a perfect example of a card NOT to get. It's a really good card, but it's not worth 175k.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:08 AM   #9
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Yeah, 90 Ozzie Smith is a perfect example of a card NOT to get. It's a really good card, but it's not worth 175k.
A card that sold for 75K until someone purchase it at a higher prize and changed the last 7 to 175K (and re-listed a minute later at 225K).

Feels very fishy...card popped up way too many times in a short timeframe.
Almost like someone raise the prize by buying with a second account and then listed two cards for 175-200K.

….of course I could be far off. Just odd to see it pop up more often and with all these out of whack prices.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:21 AM   #10
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

the average last purchase numbers seem like junk to me and don't align with what I actually see getting sold on the AH

watching the market will tell you a lot more than those reported prices
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:23 AM   #11
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Giants View Post
Perhaps that's the difference between lefties and righties. So many top teams are stacked with those bestially maxed power LHB exploiting lack of top pitching lefties. It's no coincidence that my LHP are performing better than RHP. You can expect that this will balance off in long term and cards like Morgan will start to hit on levels based on it's stats...
Well, Morgan is not a rightie so forget what I wrote...
Old 06-01-2019, 01:31 AM   #12
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Hidden gems? a dude named Walter something SP seems good, Ty something also does well.... King Kelly, never heard of that one either, he can hit. Those are the ones on top of my head.

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:34 AM   #13
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
A card that sold for 75K until someone purchase it at a higher prize and changed the last 7 to 175K (and re-listed a minute later at 225K).

Feels very fishy...card popped up way too many times in a short timeframe.
Almost like someone raise the prize by buying with a second account and then listed two cards for 175-200K.

….of course I could be far off. Just odd to see it pop up more often and with all these out of whack prices.
You're far off... the issue is that there's really one Elite SS (Wagner) and he strikes out like a mother.... He under performs in most teams and can't hit righties to save his life... Ozzie is a switch hitter that also has Elite defense and speed..... it's really the second best option short of re-inventing Jackie Robinson 99 or Brooks Robinson to a SS....

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:40 AM   #14
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Hard to believe I know, but Ozzie has sold for at least 175k 3 different times over the past 7-10 days.

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:50 AM   #15
joehart
All Star Starter

I was more referring to the fact that the card sat there forever until it sold, popped up minutes later for more and a second card appeared as well.

People do a lot of crazy things to make a profit so buying one for a lot more and then listing two at the higher price would not surprise me one bit.

I still like the idea of exposing the seller name as well. It would keep some bad actors from going down the wrong path.

I still don’t see him worth 200k. The previous rate of 75k seemed more acceptable. He was at 60-75k for a while before that sale.

I am good with Wagner. If he goes cold, use him as a backup for all 3 infield positions until he gets hot again.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:03 AM   #16
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I still like the idea of exposing the seller name as well. It would keep some bad actors from going down the wrong path.
I assume the admins and devs already have access to this information, which means it would only be useful for the community.

Nothing has ever gone wrong from attempts by this community to police itself...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #17
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

what is "bad actor" with trying to sell a card for more than you bought it? If a card "sat forever" at 75k then I don't know why someone expects to be able to resell it for 175k unless there is something sketchy going on but they are welcome to try

the only thing that needs to be policed is someone cheating by moving cards between multiple accounts

Last edited by dkgo; 06-01-2019 at 09:42 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:05 AM   #18
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Maddox gold, Erstad gold, Ashburn gold, Suzuki gold (expensive though!), Cronin gold, Boggs gold, Carew 87 (although I have 83 who is performing well too), Bowa silver, Gwynn (not sure which is best but mentioned a lot), DiMaggio silver (performed really well for me in lower leagues and as bench player as I moved up), Musial gold, Lavalliere as mentioned... A few of the ones I've seen regularly mentioned in this forum.

EDIT: You wanted Perfect League (I was thinking Perfect Team) recommendations - never mind.

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 06-01-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:13 AM   #19
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I've had alot of success with Kikuchi and Meadows so far in the Silver Level. Not to say people would have the same success but I'm liking them so far =)
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:36 AM   #20
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

here is the history of how ozzie started selling for high prices

at beginning of 20 he sold for 35 K in week 1.

ppl on discord began talking about how great he was doing.

his price rose to 75 K

then someone sold one for 90.

then 100.

then it was up to 125 two weeks ago.

i scoffed at these valuations. then i pulled an ozzie 90.

so i ran with him in discord whale league. I wasn't that impressed with his bat for that price.

DaveyG also ran with him in discord whales league. and a third team.

all those teams did well. after Davey got knocked out of playoffs Sunday he decided to list Ozzie for 175. no one thought it would selll.

it did and rather quickly.

For 175 i was like I am going to sell. Made a private sale to a buyer who is still very happy with that Ozzie. Since it was a windfall sale, I ripped packs with proceeds.

I got another Ozzie that day in that batch of packs. I listed at 175 for 6 hr auction. It sold.

The third Ozzie owner in Discord league said wow I would like that much for my ozzie. He sold his.

Now one sold for 190 yesterday. Not sure who buyer/seller is.

But card is very much in vogue amongst whales and that will be price for now.

attached are the transaction records from my sale.

this has been the oral history of the Ozzie 90 bubble of OOTP 20.
Attached Images
Image Image 

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote