Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:31 PM   #1
titansfan1997
Bat Boy

Error: Unable to open the sqlite database

Hi everyone, lately when I've been trying to save my ootp games i get this error message and ive experienced more crashing with my game as of late. Is there anyway to fix this error message? Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/RV8rftl

titansfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:52 PM   #2
Epags1996
Bat Boy

Same errors

I've been getting the same error when I try and start a new game. Also these

https://imgur.com/a/cU43Nm9

just wondering if you getting the same error messages
Epags1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #3
titansfan1997
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epags1996 View Post
I've been getting the same error when I try and start a new game. Also these

https://imgur.com/a/cU43Nm9

just wondering if you getting the same error messages

The 2nd one yes, i now can't open the rnadom save i created last night because its from an older version. Already have lost a save this year to these errors
titansfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:59 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Typically this happens if the game's data folder is installed to a path with a non ASCII character in it.

The way to fix that is to set a custom data directory to a path without that non ASCII character (C:\OOTP19 for instance).

It's also possible to get that error in some instances if the save is corrupt. In which case, restoring from the autosave is your best bet.

1) Open the game and on the start screen, click on Settings (or Preferences in OOTP 11-14).

2) Now click on the tab "Troubleshooting".

3) Click "Open folder containing saved games".

4) Now open up the league folder you're wanting to restore.

5) Then select all of the .dat files in the folder and back them up (just in case) by copying them to a temporary folder or creating a zipped file with them

6) Open the folder called "auto-save".

7) In there, select all of the ".dat" files and copy them to the league folder (the parent of the current folder) overwriting all of the ".dat" files in the league folder.

8) Now start the game and load your league.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #5
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Typically this happens if the game's data folder is installed to a path with a non ASCII character in it.

The way to fix that is to set a custom data directory to a path without that non ASCII character (C:\OOTP19 for instance).

It's also possible to get that error in some instances if the save is corrupt. In which case, restoring from the autosave is your best bet.

1) Open the game and on the start screen, click on Settings (or Preferences in OOTP 11-14).

2) Now click on the tab "Troubleshooting".

3) Click "Open folder containing saved games".

4) Now open up the league folder you're wanting to restore.

5) Then select all of the .dat files in the folder and back them up (just in case) by copying them to a temporary folder or creating a zipped file with them

6) Open the folder called "auto-save".

7) In there, select all of the ".dat" files and copy them to the league folder (the parent of the current folder) overwriting all of the ".dat" files in the league folder.

8) Now start the game and load your league.
What happens if there is no auto-save folder?
Old 11-20-2018, 03:12 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupoke View Post
What happens if there is no auto-save folder?
The only way there wouldn't be is if you have autosave turned completely off. Even then I'd guess the folder should be there, just with no files.

It's more likely that if you don't see the folder, you're looking in the wrong place. It should be inside the whatever league name.lg folder in saved_games.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:30 AM   #7
msupoke
All Star Reserve

It should be, but it is not. I am in two online leagues. One has the auto-save folder, and it works perfectly. The other does not, and it gives me the previously mentioned messages when loading or exiting.

My workaround is that I do all of my changes and export at one time because if I leave the file, it reverts back to the previous file, requiring me to download the newest file and make my changes again. This is ok until I decide to make a change after I have already left the file.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #8
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
The only way there wouldn't be is if you have autosave turned completely off. Even then I'd guess the folder should be there, just with no files.

It's more likely that if you don't see the folder, you're looking in the wrong place. It should be inside the whatever league name.lg folder in saved_games.
Just out of curiousity, how do I turn auto-save on. I cannot find that option anywhere.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:09 PM   #9
msupoke
All Star Reserve

It seems that in an online league, only the commissioner has access to the auto-save toggle, so it is impossible for me to turn it off or on. I am in two online leagues, and both have the same commissioner. One works just fine, and the other does not work for me. Is there a solution, or does it not matter being that it is an online league?
Old 11-21-2018, 03:38 PM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupoke View Post
It seems that in an online league, only the commissioner has access to the auto-save toggle, so it is impossible for me to turn it off or on. I am in two online leagues, and both have the same commissioner. One works just fine, and the other does not work for me. Is there a solution, or does it not matter being that it is an online league?
I don't think it matters really. For an online league, if the file is corrupt, the solution would just be to redownload.

To try to help prevent a recurrence in the future, there are a few things that can cause corruption.

This potentially includes unexpected system shutdowns or crashes especially while a league is saving, bad sectors on the hard drive the game is saved to, memory glitches on your computer (especially possible if the league is left open for very long periods of time without the game being shut down or restarted) or occasionally interference from other programs.

So it's impossible to say which of those issues caused the problem here, but it's likely one of those things.

Some of what you might do to prevent that from coming up again would be to regularly defrag your hard drive as well as check it for errors, make sure to occasionally shut your computer off or at least restart it and also run as few other programs in the background at the same time as OOTP as possible.

For programs that need to be running at the same time, like an anti-virus or firewall, it's a good idea to add OOTP to their whitelist as well.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:23 PM   #11
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Ok. I just defragged my hard drive, even though it automatically defrags weekly. I deleted the league file and the old zipped file, and I am redownloading the league file again. We will see what happens.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:48 PM   #12
msupoke
All Star Reserve

That seemed to work. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:36 PM   #13
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Never mind. I am still getting the message. I exported and then tried to save the file. I got the error message, and the time stamp in my auto-save folder’s .dat files is for last night instead of today. When I try to exit the file, I get the error message. If I try to save, I get the error message.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:11 PM   #14
msupoke
All Star Reserve

I am still having problems with this file. I have tried everything suggested. Nothing has worked.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:00 PM   #15
msupoke
All Star Reserve

I guess I will figure it out myself. Thanks!