Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
MrDov
Minors (Triple A)

OOTP keeps crashing on me, i can't advance in my season

I replied to a thread last week but thought I'd branch this out into its own thread. I've had serious struggles over the last couple months with OOTP19 crashing on me and it's made the game unplayable because every file I start gets to a point fairly quickly where crashes prevent me from going any further in a season. (I've posted about my issues previously here and here with no success so far.) I've uninstalled/reinstalled countless times. I've followed the crashing/freezing suggested fixes without any success. Last week I went all in, updating my computer, uninstalling software and games I no longer use, defraging my hard drive, etc. Still ran into the issue. It's a fictional start with leagues based on the US, Japan, Korea, Mexico, and Cuba. Every league started with a fantasy draft. I simmed all the way to opening day without issue, played the first game, then upon exiting the game got stuck in the view attached. Weirdly enough, the screen was still interactive and I was able to save and exit. Last time this exact thing happened to me, the same issue popped up again as I was trying to enter my second game after setting lineups and at that point OOTP crashed on me while trying to exit. I just tried continuing my most recent file this morning and was able to successfully start game 2 of the season, but 5th inning I tried to open up a player's profile and that made the game crash.

One thing I will note, in my frustration with OOTP19 and my desire to play, a couple weeks ago I went back to OOTP18 which previously had worked flawlessly but even OOTP18 had similar issues and crashed on me. Is there anything specific in my computer I should check that may cause OOTP games to have these issues? I've had the biggest OOTP itch over the last couple months and haven't been able to scratch it. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Images
MrDov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:27 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We've had a couple reports of crashing when people try to leave games. we've traced this to some sort of OpenGL/video card related issue (and the screenshot you're showing kind of just reinforces that as it definitely looks to me like something is going wrong with the rendering) but haven't yet been able to recreate it, which is the next needed step to to fix the issue.

Have you updated the drivers to your video card as well as all the other steps you've taken?

Beyond that, can you let us know as much as possible about your system, particularly the answers to the following questions? Thanks!

Are you on a PC or Mac?
What OS are you using?
Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone?
If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.
What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
Where exactly does your game crash? What are you doing just before it crashes? Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? Do you get an error message? If so, what?
Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? If only one, then we'll need to see your league files as per the instructions in my sig (or you can just upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and post a link)

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
MrDov
Minors (Triple A)

I have not updated my video card driver but I'll do that now. I think I misread that step in the crashing/freezing help because I updated everything else but that.

I'm on a PC with Windows 7 Home playing through Steam. i5 processor with 8 GB of RAM and video card is a GeForce GTX 760.

Every file I've played in OOTP19 has had some sort of unpassable crash happen. There's been three different groups of predictable crashes. Initially it was every time I tried to erase an entire universe's history. I shifted to a different game setup to avoid that, then the crashes seems to be more related to the one in this thread I started. The first set of crashes seemed to happen whenever the game tried to load a player picture. That's not 100% certain, just based on what I noticed. Most crashes seemed to happen while browsing the in-game mail, specifically opening a story that used a player picture. Occasionally it was mid-game and those were a bit more random. The handful of files where that happened I could reload and continue playing until after roughly a dozen crashes, when at that point the game couldn't fully load and would be stuck at 50% loading with a popup saying "An error occurred while loading the database! Could not load players file". This most recent group of crashes are as I described in the initial post, first managed game of the file would get stuck in that screen upon exiting but I could save and exit just fine. Then at some point during the second game it would crash and I couldn't advance any further.

I'll update my video driver now and give OOTP19 another shot later today when I get the chance and let you know if that helped.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #4
MrDov
Minors (Triple A)

Turns out my video card driver was woefully outdated. Like I don't think it's been updated once since I built my computer 5 years ago. I had setup my computer to automatically download and install new drivers. New drivers were downloaded onto my computer but somehow were never installed properly. Even the Nvidia management software was tricked and said I was up to date even though I wasn't. Anyways today I manually downloaded the most up to date video card driver, uninstalled and reinstalled OOTP19, started up a new file, and was able to exit the first game without issue. Stopping here for now because I don't have the time to go any further, but certainly looks like an outdated video card driver was the issue since exiting the first game without issue is already a huge improvement. Hopefully the player picture related crashes don't flare up again, but I'm assuming those were driver related as well.

Last edited by MrDov; 08-19-2018 at 07:48 PM.