Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #1
Eli J
Bat Boy

Tweaking retirement?

Hi there! I'm finding the retirements to be a little weird in this game. I've signed people before July 1st only to have them immediately retire the second July 1st hits - sometimes this is only a day or two apart!

They are often still productive players too. For example I signed Joe Pavelski after acquiring him as a rental. At the time he was 36, and coming off a 53 point year - 27 points in around 40 games with me, so still a solid player. I decided to keep him around another year, so I signed him to a one year, $4m deal just before free agency. He happily signed, then immediately retired 2 days later.

Is there a way to tweak this?
Eli J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:10 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

No way to tweak retirements directly. That's strange he retired immediately after signing a new contract, though - players with remaining contract time take that into consideration when deciding whether or not to retire. We'll check to see if everything's working OK there.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:35 PM   #3
QTRaven
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Happened to me with Lundqvist.
QTRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:38 PM   #4
vic24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I had a like around 20 years old forward acquired in a trade that retired in the next off season once :/ AHL/NHL type of player .
vic24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #5
QTRaven
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just had a 26yo backup goalie retire after signing a new 3 year deal. His overall was only a .5/.5(pot), it was once .5/3.5(pot) but his stats were very good each year.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:51 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

If you're playing in commissioner mode, can you take a quick look at him and let me know what his Aging attribute is? It's listed under the hidden attributes when you edit the player.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:56 PM   #7
QTRaven
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It's a 9.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:20 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Not low enough to get him to retire freakishly early, then. Could you upload the save? Instructions here. I'd like to have a closer look at that.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:37 PM   #9
QTRaven
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Do you want the one before or after he retired? BTW I noticed a pattern of goalies retiring after really good years. Might be something going on with that. From ages 26 to like 36.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:28 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Before would be best.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:37 PM   #11
QTRaven
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Before would be best.
I uploaded it. NYYear12~Sim.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:41 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks. Strange-looking player, at 26 it shouldn't be possible for his ability and potential to be that far apart, and his current ability level doesn't make much sense for a guy who has 7 years of AHL/NHL/SHL/KHL experience. It's almost like he was much better, then suddenly regressed rapidly. We'll have to examine this a little further and see if something's haywire with his internal development numbers.