Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-15-2018, 10:19 AM   #1
Buchs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Position Lock

So been playing and enjoying the game. I play as GM/Coach and I really like the idea of the the tactics system although it seems a little wonky right now, with pretty much my entire roster being 5/5 in multiple roles.

That aside I feel that the only thing in the game that is not very enjoyable is setting the lines up after an injury or roster change. The AI makes some odd decisions on where to play guys when you use the AI to set lineups, so every time there is a lineup change I need to manually set every line and tactic which turns tedious if I need to just want to scratch a player or have multiple injuries in a short amount of time.

I have 2 suggestions that would make this much less tedious to manage. one is a simple player position lock. If I have a guy that I have decided I always want to play 1st line left wing and the AI keeps making him my 2nd line RW, I could just place him in 1LW, right click on him and toggle a lock to that position. Then when I tell the AI to make lines, it fills in all the spots that are not locked around the ones that are.

The second would be an option for the AI to only fill in tactics roles and not change player lines at all. Ideally it would be nice to lock a role on a guy also, but that would not be as important as just being able to lock a position.

Last edited by Buchs; 02-15-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Buchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:09 PM   #2
QTRaven
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Those would be nice.
QTRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #3
Shadow4u
Minors (Single A)

Absolutely agree with that
Old 02-15-2018, 10:15 PM   #4
Autumn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So what I'd like to see is the ability to save certain setups that could then be activated to put players where you want them. I find that I'd like to fine-tune the setups for every game, but it's a bit tedious at the moment. You could, for instance, have a setup against a certain strategy, that sort of thing. It's a bit different than the problem the op is suggesting, but I think it would fix both things.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:30 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

I asked for a lock option when we were working on FHM4 last summer, but apparently there are some issues with the lineup code that make it difficult to implement. A way of saving lineups is probably the best alternate option, agreed.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:05 AM   #6
QTRaven
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I asked for a lock option when we were working on FHM4 last summer, but apparently there are some issues with the lineup code that make it difficult to implement. A way of saving lineups is probably the best alternate option, agreed.
If a lock isn't possible for FMH5, then yeah, that would be fair enough.
QTRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:03 AM   #7
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

absolutely smth i would appreciate.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote