Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:03 AM   #1
babs42
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Real Teams with Fake Players

I'm trying to set up a league where it has the real major league teams but with entirely fictional players. Preferably I'd like to make it like the leagues are just starting out with no history (I've clicked erase history and that has worked but it keeps the real players. Everything I've tried hasn't worked, can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks!
babs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:00 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs42 View Post
I'm trying to set up a league where it has the real major league teams but with entirely fictional players. Preferably I'd like to make it like the leagues are just starting out with no history (I've clicked erase history and that has worked but it keeps the real players. Everything I've tried hasn't worked, can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks!
There are 2 ways. If you want to start with 2017 i would
1. Start with the MLB quickstart while in Commish mode, challenge mode off. Go to league settings and erase all history. release allplayers & coaches. Click the bubble on the top left under list all MLB players including minor leaguers and retired players and mass delete everyone. Turn league evolution off. Repopulate league with fictional players and coaches. I may have missed a few things.
2. Create a fictional league with real life setup and change each name by hand. Run the logo and uniform controls and they should all reload.
#1 is quicker but i can not guarantee issues.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:36 AM   #3
Andy
Hall Of Famer

If you create a fictional league using the real world setup you don’t have to change each name. The real team names are already there.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:26 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you can always delete entire history, fwiw. main league settings screen. left side, think lower portion? look left for sure.

any fictional league i'd suggest pre-dating the league ~25-30 years, then sim upto your intended sim start year (maybe day 1 of previous offseason? maybe april 1st, doesn't matter). then, delete history and start as a ~new league.

main reason: initial players are not in same quality nor proportion as those that will be created for draft and whatever else per year.

important to have all the settings and rules you intend to use. turning off asthetic stuff during initial sim is a good idea and can be turned back on. e.g. you don't need to be saving boxscores or facegen pics or news.

1/yr thing is better than "dynamic" which will be processed more than 1/yr. the less the ai thinks in ways that don't affect simming an actual game of baseball, go ahead and turn off.

if just dinking around, no need to put in that kind of work, but if you do it for a refined league you intend to keep for a while, definitely make a backup the moment you reset its history.

you could make a template of sorts, or an actual world template too. you'd always have the same starting players, though... not optimal, but for a quick re-do of a simple early mistake, priceless.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:40 PM   #5
MrDov
Minors (Triple A)

What I did for this version is do a 2017 quickstart, sim out to 2050, then erase all history. At that point the world should be fully populated by fictional players though you may recognize the names of some coaches.
MrDov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:29 AM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
If you create a fictional league using the real world setup you don’t have to change each name. The real team names are already there.
Thanx for correcting me. i hate telling people wrong info.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:01 AM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Unless somethings changed the game already has the option to do this very thing built in.

Been awhile since I did it, but if I remember right, you simply select the option to create a fictional league. Then from the first menu screen, look roughly middle page or somewhat to right top(at work, so doing this without being able to look). There should be a menu of several different league templates with the first one being MLB, 30 teams etc. Almost positive if you select this, you get the exact MLB setup, current teams, logos, ballparks and minor leagues and get to start with a draft and all fictional players.

Work should be banned so it's easier to answer questions.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote