Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-14-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
Vink
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Inconsistent role ratings in strategy screen

Hi there,

When selecting a tactical role in the strategy screen, I understand why the actual tactical contribution of that player is not at max when he's playing in the 3th or 4th line. It is explained in the manual. See screenshot for an example of what I mean:

Name:  B177FB78-B2A1-40E6-81CB-DAC6D9A0C50B.png
Views: 329
Size:  140.4 KB

What makes no sense to me is that sometimes when you select the (for instance 3/5) role, you see in the strategy screen that the player gets the maximum tactical contribution (in this case 5/5), even though he is on the 3th or 4th line. Check screenshot:

Name:  FCED6CD4-DCB6-4A53-9DBC-64CAFF40C2C4.png
Views: 334
Size:  356.2 KB

Why is this? It makes no sense to me. Also it makes me selecting several roles one after another just to see what is actually the best fit for this player because I know sometimes the player gets the maximum tactical contribution.

Thanks in advance!
Vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:09 PM   #2
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

You have Semak on the 3rd line, so the most he could get is 3/5. On the first line in that role he'd be 5/5, and 4/5 on the 2nd line.

He's 5/5 on the PK because that's different usage than 5v5
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:05 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, the role scores on special teams aren't adjusted in the same way as on even-strength lines. The calculation of the special teams tactical scores works a little differently.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:03 AM   #4
Vink
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks heaps, that makes sense. Perhaps something can be done about the inconsistent way the numbers are presented in an update? Just to make it a bit more clear.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #5
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgonius View Post
You have Semak on the 3rd line, so the most he could get is 3/5. On the first line in that role he'd be 5/5, and 4/5 on the 2nd line.

He's 5/5 on the PK because that's different usage than 5v5
That's just confusing. Because not all roles are available on all lines.
It'd be much better just to say flat out what the rating will be when you put him in "this spot"
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:57 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
That's just confusing. Because not all roles are available on all lines.
It'd be much better just to say flat out what the rating will be when you put him in "this spot"
It'd be more confusing, though, if we displayed the third-line scores as equivalent to the first-line ones, since they don't contribute equally to the overall score. And showing the adjusted score also gives you a little more information about which role the player is best at - if he's rated 3/4 at one and 3/5 at another, it's probably best to give him the 3/5, unless there's another compelling reason to use the 3/4 one (being a countering role, for example.)
Old 12-16-2017, 07:03 AM   #7
Vink
Minors (Rookie Ball)

When you select a 4/5 role in a regular 5 on 5 situation you actually get that 4/5 role. That makes sense.
But when you select a 3/5 role in another situation (example penalty kill) it is strange to me that suddenly the role rating is based on another situation (example 5 on 5). I am not selecting that role in a 5 on 5 situation when I am in the pk screen, so why bother me with that rating? This is the confusing part because this is not explained in the game.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:19 PM   #8
redtiger7
All Star Starter

This ^
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:04 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

It may be a limitation of the way that popup screen is coded, but I'll see if that can be changed when you're looking at a role for a special teams assignment.