Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #101
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

The new UI takes some getting used to as it's a fairly major change from the previous few versions. Overall, I think I like it.

So far so good. Haven't noticed anything to complain about yet. :-)

Great job.

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #102
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Was just looking at free agents and saw that an 'all relievers' option was added to the player filter. Awesome.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #103
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
Was just looking at free agents and saw that an 'all relievers' option was added to the player filter. Awesome.
Also all outfielders is there. Double awesome.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #104
kehowey
Major Leagues

I downloaded 13 in a few minutes with no problems. I immediately liked the new GUI. I also liked the "regions" capability. I'm looking forward to the improved AI and pitching model. Thought there was a lot of involvement from the OOTP team right after release. Good job on support and OOTP13.
kehowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #105
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Overall LOVE OOTP13!!!!

A minor thing I'd like to see changed. On the 'Manager' pull down I would like to see 'player search' and 'shortlist' be two separate items. I use the shortlist a lot and having to wait for it to generate the player list is kind of a waste of time.

Actually another thing for shortlist; I would LOVE to have multiple shortlists. I would keep one for 'top prospects', maybe one for players I'm scouting on other teams, another for players I've traded, etc. Sort of like 'views' or maybe it is a 'Filter'.
They are separate menu entries in v12 and I'm pretty sure they were together in v11, I remember being happy that they got split with v12.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #106
zappa1
All Star Starter

I think the game looks great. It's easier to read and more friendly to the eyes. Lots of stuff to do and check out. On that I give it 5 STARS. Now, the actual playing of the game is just too wierd for me. Just like the last few editions it seams that human controled teams get constantly ripped off. Control pitchers walk everybody. Pitchers who should strikeout more than innings pitched are not even close. Base stealers on my team are garbage. And it doesn't matter when you try to steal. The AI teams almost always make it safe. Also when my team hits them in the gaps, they are always caught. Of course MY guys can't catch anything. It may sound like nit picking, but it's not. It's real. I like when I have a runner with good speed and the outfielder has a rag arm and the ball is normal depth, I thrown out more than 50% of the time. It just doesn't play real enough for me. You are better off just playing GM and auto play the games. On game play I give it a 2.5 STARS. Sorry wish I could give it better. You made the game look nice, just wish it would play more realistic.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #107
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
I think the game looks great. It's easier to read and more friendly to the eyes. Lots of stuff to do and check out. On that I give it 5 STARS. Now, the actual playing of the game is just too wierd for me. Just like the last few editions it seams that human controled teams get constantly ripped off. Control pitchers walk everybody. Pitchers who should strikeout more than innings pitched are not even close. Base stealers on my team are garbage. And it doesn't matter when you try to steal. The AI teams almost always make it safe. Also when my team hits them in the gaps, they are always caught. Of course MY guys can't catch anything. It may sound like nit picking, but it's not. It's real. I like when I have a runner with good speed and the outfielder has a rag arm and the ball is normal depth, I thrown out more than 50% of the time. It just doesn't play real enough for me. You are better off just playing GM and auto play the games. On game play I give it a 2.5 STARS. Sorry wish I could give it better. You made the game look nice, just wish it would play more realistic.
Let's hear it for sample size ...
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #108
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

It's not too bad. Only the BEST baseball game you can get. Dave Koch Sports, Wolverine Studios, Replay PC, OOTP13 is how you guys make a baseball game!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #109
jmount78
Major Leagues

The thing I like the best about the game is the ability to have four windows open with your minor league teams showing with the up or down arrows. This has really saved me a lot of time in promoting/demoting players! I really appreciate this new feature as sometimes I demote someone and find out they need to be demoted even further!

Also, having just attended the Kannapolis Intimidators versus Hickory Crawdads game Saturday night, I really appreciate the rosters!

One last thing, I totally missed this until now. I really appreciate the trade screen where the stage of the team is listed by the team names in the list! Wow, that makes for a better experience.
jmount78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #110
Brettford
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Baseball mogul convert here. Love the game. Outstanding.

A few quick impressions of a few minor annoyances:

On the league schedule screen where you are looking at the days match ups, it would be nice to have the teams record next to their name. (Royals 3-2 vs Indians 1-4).

Also, if you scroll down the page to find a matchup and hit quick play, the game is simulated but the view is reset so you have to scroll back down the page to see the result. It would be nice if the view did not move. It would just be a more seamless way of using the quickplay button. The purpose of that button is to let the user simulate a single game without advancing the day. It is annoying to scroll down the match ups, hit quickplay, and have the game automatically reset the view forcing you to scroll back down the screen to locate the matchup and view the results.

Small annoyance, but seems like an easy fix that would make that specific feature more user friendly.
Brettford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #111
da commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Also all outfielders is there. Double awesome.
And all infielders is there, too. Triple awesome. Just another one of the many enhancements in this version.
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #112
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

I love the new scoreboard color. Looks just like real life.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #113
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Ok I gotta admit..........this is a cool in game screen !!!

http://s1241.photobucket.com/albums/...screenshot.jpg
Old 04-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #114
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettford View Post
Also, if you scroll down the page to find a matchup and hit quick play, the game is simulated but the view is reset so you have to scroll back down the page to see the result. It would be nice if the view did not move.
I think you'll find other screens that behave the same way. On the Depth Chart screen, for example, when you drag a player into the depth chart, the list of players auto-scrolls back to the top. I find it only a very slight annoyance, but it's a behaviour I never actually want, so I agree that it would be nice if the screens didn't reset.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #115
BabyLemonade
Minors (Double A)

After playing the game all weekend have to notice :

1) Way beyond my expectations..Though i dont have much baseball knowledge (rosters, history etc) everything seems in tune..(at least for a custom player like myself). Started MLB Quickstart with the Cubs and from first sight all work with the rosters is amazing..Much better than OOTP12 , more challenging trading AI..

2) I almost immediately loaded my OOTP12 fictional league into OOTP13 and everything works fine !! For me (that i am not into technical issues) this is a great plus !!

3) Though i learned sim games from FM (so i play out each single game) , Real Time Simulation is Great ! You play out your game and at the same time you watch other games unfold.. Way cool !!

4) The in play AI engine (when you play out games) seems much more better and more difficult..
Did anyone else notice that ??? Or is it just my over-excited brain..?

5) The in game screen is just perfect !!!!

6) ---this is personal--- . i dont have internet where i play..On Friday after work i moved my home pc to a friend house for 3-4 hours, just to properly download the game and also download some add-ons.. All weekend i played with no internet access and without knowing what is going on at the forums... Well exactly as it was with OOTP12 the game was full working all weekend flawless !!! no crashes, no problems. Just enjoying the game..
Another great plus !!
Congratulations to everyone involved cause definitely you moved the game one giant step forward !

Two questions :
1) Do we have to enable storylines ?? Or everything is coming along on the way..?

2) Started a league on year 2011 with historical rookies mixed from all eras.
i would like my league to have a life of its own as it grows year by year, but still i would like to see lets say M.Mantle to become a great player..
How do i manage that..with re-calculation after each year or with the OOTP engine ??
I ask that cause i traded Pafko (OF) for a SP with super ratings but with no real life experience of more than 5 years...re-calculation means that this player will never reach his potential ??? it seems that AI teams give more notice to real-time stats than ratings in this case...

Any ideas ???
Many thanks and sorry if that was too long..
Old 04-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #116
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Not sure where to post this, so if it's wrong, sorry in advance. Just loaded a MLB game with the new patch and the Yankees have gone back to 26 WS wins and their record for 4 recent seasons are 0-0.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #117
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
Not sure where to post this, so if it's wrong, sorry in advance. Just loaded a MLB game with the new patch and the Yankees have gone back to 26 WS wins and their record for 4 recent seasons are 0-0.
Damned. Well, we'll fix this with the next roster update.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #118
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Markus, you cussing always makes me laugh. :-) I think you are looking for a different version of damn as 'dammit' would be more appropriate. That being said, damned is more charming.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #119
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Markus for the pre-release on friday it was at 27.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #120
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
Due to life entanglements, I got away from OOTP12. And I couldn't really get into it, for a multitude of reasons.

I'm choosing to get a Win8 tablet instead of an iPad HD, just so I can put OOTP on it and utilizing it for my online league. I guess you can say I like it.
Does OOTP not work on an iPad? I'm thinking of getting either a tablet or iPad, and definitely need to get OOTP up and running on it. Advice sought!
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote