Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-01-2019, 10:43 PM   #61
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
It's literally impossible for Hickory and Huntley to split the 3 upcoming games in Hickory, so who knows what will happen? More to come...
Well, the first 2 games in Hickory saw the Crawdads and Red Raiders...split! Hickory racked up a 7-spot in the 3rd inning of game 3 off Ed Walsh en route to an 8-5 win, but Huntley's Rube Marquard threw 6 innings of 1-run, 10-K ball to lead the Red Raiders to a 4-1 victory in game 4. It's a best of 3 now...

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:17 PM   #62
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
It's a best of 3 now...
Advantage: Hickory. Thanks to Cy Young's 8 shutout innings, a 2-out error in the 4th by Red Raider Norm Cash that led to 2 runs, and Huntley only being able to score once after having runners on second and third with nobody out in the 9th, Hickory wins the all-important game 5, 3-1.

Unless the Red Raiders can win 2 in a row at home, it will be Huntley's sixth Perfect Series loss against 5 Perfect Series wins--and fourth loss in its last 5 Perfect Series appearances...

Old 12-02-2019, 12:17 AM   #63
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Unless the Red Raiders can win 2 in a row at home, it will be Huntley's sixth Perfect Series loss against 5 Perfect Series wins--and fourth loss in its last 5 Perfect Series appearances...
Powered by a 1st-inning Barry Bonds 2-run homer off Curt Schilling and stellar work by Walter Johnson and Mariano Rivera, the Hickory Crawdads entered the bottom of the 9th in game 6 with a 2-1 lead, 3 outs away from claiming the Crawdads' third Perfect League title.

Hickory's Lee Smith made quick work of Huntley's Barry Bonds, with a 3-pitch strikeout, and Christian Yelich, with a 5-pitch strikeout. George Brett roped a 2-strike double, but when Arky Vaughan grounded the first pitch he saw to second baseman Nap Lajoie, Hickory's victory was all but assured.

But then...

Norm Cash dropped the throw, and Vaughan was safe at first. Brett stood at third base as Luke Appling strode to the plate. On a 0-2 count, Appling grounded a single through the infield, scoring Brett and tying the game at 2! Huntley's Norm Cash struck out, but the damage was done.

Huntley's Mariano Rivera retired the Crawdads in order in the top of the 10th. In the bottom of the 10th, Smith, still on the mound, induced a groundout by Huntley's Yogi Berra but had no such luck with Mickey Mantle's grounder, which made its way through the infield. With Mantle on first and Ken Griffey Jr coming to bat, Rollie Fingers came on to relieve Smith. One pitch later, Griffey had flown out, and there were 2 outs. But then Huntley's Barry Bonds...well, we'll let the game recap tell the story.

"Barry Bonds said he was thinking home run when he came to bat in the bottom of the tenth. Bonds did just that. He belted a 2-run home run to stake Huntley to a 4-2 lead."

And so P420 will see a Perfect League Series game 7!

Old 12-02-2019, 12:21 AM   #64
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Anyone know the actual number of 2019 MLB Live Cards in the game? Because obviously the number in the below graphic is wrong.

I know I'm missing at least one card (Alex Bregman) which will take the total to 1424 but wondering if there's any others that I've missed.

P.S. yes, this is mainly a post to show that I have exactly 3000 cards.
Attached Images
Old 12-02-2019, 12:52 AM   #65
DotDash
Minors (Double A)

Please join me in congratulating Kris Jardine on his first PL title!
Much deserved and long overdue

DotDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:06 AM   #66
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Bears were down 3-0, now it is tied

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:08 AM   #67
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P420: Back-and-Forth to the End

Hickory's Ed Walsh took the mound again for the bottom of the 7th inning. His Crawdads had managed to plate 5 runs off Huntley's Walsh, giving Hickory a 5-3 lead as he threw to Red Raider Luke Appling leading off the inning. Appling grounded out, and Norm Cash flew out, leaving the Red Raiders 7 outs away from defeat.

But on a 2-2 count, Yogi Berra doubled. Walsh, momentarily rattled, hit Mickey Mantle with a pitch. Ken Griffey Jr singled, loading the bases. Barry Bonds, the game 6 walk-off hero, strode to the plate, and on a 1-1 count, drove Walsh's offering to the wall! Berra scored...Mantle scored to tie the game...and Griffey raced home, beating Joe DiMaggio's throw and giving Huntley an improbable 6-5 lead! Rollie Fingers came on and induced a groundout by Christian Yelich for the third out, but the damage had been done.

On for his third inning of relief work in the top of the 8th, Huntley's Harry Brecheen struck out Barry Bonds looking. But on the eighth pitch to Norm Cash, Brecheen missed, Cash walked, and Hickory had life. Lee Smith, who put up a fantastic 1.27 ERA and 339 ERA+ for the Red Raiders during the regular season, came on to preserve the lead. Elmer Flick greeted him with a single, moving pinch runner King Kelly to second. Smith hunkered down and struck out Joe DiMaggio looking, and Huntley was 4 outs away from a sixth title. But on a 2-2 pitch, George Brett singled and Kelly raced home to tie the score at 6. Then, with Flick at second and Brett at first, Nap Lajoie knocked a 1-1 pitch deep into the outfield. Griffey couldn't corral it, and Flick and Brett scored. The Crawdads had retaken the lead, 8-6. Hughie Jennings grounded out, but the Crawdads were only 6 outs away from victory.

Rollie Fingers worked a 1-2-3 8th inning, while Huntley's Vida Blue worked around a 1-out Josh Gibson double in the top of the 9th to keep Huntley within 2.

Hickory's Lee Smith came on to do what Huntley's Lee Smith could not. Four pitches later--a first-pitch groundout by Norm Cash, a 1-0 groundout by Yogi Berra, and a first-pitch flyout by Mickey Mantle--the Hickory Crawdads rushed the Red Raiders Ballpark field, celebrating their 2054 Perfect League championship.

Now with more Perfect Series losses (6) than wins (5), Huntley consoles itself tonight knowing that 11 trips to the Perfect League Series is an incredible achievement, no matter the outcomes.

Postseason awards for the 131-win Red Raiders were all of the Platinum Stick variety--C Yogi Berra (.312/.395/.586, 27 HR, 166 wRC+, 6.1 WAR), SS Luke Appling (.281/.385/.401, 121 wRC+, 4.6 WAR), CF Ken Griffey Jr (.294/.384/.545, 30 HR, 151 wRC+, 6.6 WAR), and DH Barry Bonds (.256/.368/.487, 34 HR, 126 wRC+, 3.4 WAR). In a result that eerily mirrors its seasonal results, Huntley claimed 5 of the 6 spots in the NC Pitcher of the Year voting--every spot except first; the Stockholm Swedes' Cy Young took home the award, with Huntley's entire rotation (Waddell, Marquard, Walsh, Schilling, and Clemens) rounding out the voting. Similarly, in the MVP race, the Tokyo Sparrows' John Olerud took home the prize, but Huntley players finished second (Griffey), third (Yogi), fifth (Marquard), sixth (Waddell), seventh (Yelich), and eighth (Bonds).

So close, and yet...

On to 2055, which will see some changes to the Huntley lineup...come on down, SE Ozzie Smith!

Old 12-02-2019, 01:16 AM   #68
yno88
Minors (Double A)

Took 34 years but my Kansas City A's won their first title in PL. Not completely ftp, spent about $50 on em.

In better news, my Springfield Cardinals packed and sold a perfect Pedro for 1.25M, so they'll have no excuse next season.

Last edited by yno88; 12-02-2019 at 01:17 AM.
yno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:40 AM   #69
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Lost in Game 7 But another Cy Young MVP and Pitcher of the Year

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:53 AM   #70
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Carrarra Marblecutters take their first title (S264) after 13 seasons.
Springfield Gardens Rifles kind of rushed their way to Perfect where they learned they weren't even close to ready to be LOL. Hope they'll make a good showing next season in Diamond.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:34 AM   #71
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Xenos Demoted!

The Xenos, now five seasons removed from a 98-64 record and a Perfect League WS appearance, and three seasons from finishing the Expos Missions and acquiring 98 Pedro Martinez and 98 Vlad Sr., finished year 2054 with an abysmal 53-109 record. Relegated. Bad news all around as none of my starters reached 10 wins. 100 Santana amassed a 4.5 WAR but still went 8-11.

Maybe the shakeups I did to the lineup caused the downturn in performance? I really don't know. But I do know that changes had to be made, and for that to happen, favored players had to be let go.

So I very reluctantly sold off a 95 Cone. While he was horrible in PL, I was hoping to cash him in once the Mets Missions were released. I also finally sold that 96 McGwire. I had become attached to that card. He was both a part of the PL WS squad as well as an active member of a good Daily Deadball barnstorming team. But these are the tough decisions you have to make. Now the Xenos are players again in the AH, looking to finish up some Detroit Missions.

The Misión Futuros disbanded last season after winning the Diamond League, reforming as the Setagaya Wind-Up Birds in their promotion to Perfect. Joining the team was SE Johnny Sain, who promptly went 2-12 as a starter before being demoted. Sheesh. Replacing him was 93 Nate Pearson who surprised all by going 11-5 with a 4.62 ERA. The Wind-Up Birds finished 70-92.

Like the Xenos, the BIrds sold off some assets (a Rookie Carlton Fisk, a George Foster All-Star) to pad our depleted bankroll in order to continue our months' long quest to acquire 98 Vida Blue. I mean, we could get him now, but that would mean having two Vida Blues and what's the sense in that? Anybody willing to part with a 94 Fingers?

Congrats to all the playoff contenders and winners. We will return to your ranks one of these days.

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:35 AM   #72
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbucket View Post
Anyone know the actual number of 2019 MLB Live Cards in the game? Because obviously the number in the below graphic is wrong.

I know I'm missing at least one card (Alex Bregman) which will take the total to 1424 but wondering if there's any others that I've missed.

P.S. yes, this is mainly a post to show that I have exactly 3000 cards.
Check your live collection missions; all that are not completed will show how many cards are missing.

Edit: I just realized that was not the point. Never mind me, I'm a bit ill and can't think straight. (SNEEZE!!) Ow.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #73
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Larrupin' Lou's got their second title.. now they are in the perfect league. This will be ugly.
Attached Images
Image Image 
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:42 PM   #74
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Had one of my best PL seasons with 101 wins, only to lose in the 1st round of playoffs.

Oh well. On to this week!

Edit: Oh snap, Gashouse won their Diamond League. Well that's exciting.

This is interesting, my TeaTotallers are smallball built and have consistently stayed in the PL, but only have 1 championship.
Gashouse, has bounced from Gold to Diamond to PL and back, but has more championships. Gashouse is HR/OBP built. They'll be back to Diamond next week most likely...

Last edited by Thornbreaker; 12-02-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:33 AM   #75
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
Larrupin' Lou's got their second title.. now they are in the perfect league. This will be ugly.
It was ugly.

Regulated. Zero tanking. Same team that won Diamond season prior. I need to fix that outside's zone rating for sure.
Attached Images
Image Image 
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote