Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
aadam
Minors (Rookie Ball)

AI bullpen management - next day's starter from relief

I was playing against the Cardinals and their SP was injured after 6 pitches. Bullpen was exhausted except for one reliever. So the AI brought in the other 6 relievers to face 1 or 2 batters each, then the only rested guy who lasted 2.1 innings, until the 6th, with a 3-2 lead. Then the AI had batters pitching instead of using the next day's starter. Clearly, a team should do that, so I guess the AI is told to never use next day's starter in relief.
aadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #2
aadam
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The next game, Watcha threw 145 pitches as their starter.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #3
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

You might want to think about expanding the AI's roster to 26 and forcing it to carry 8 RPs. If you don't do that, it tends to find itself in an exhausted bullpen tailspin. (I give the AI 28 guys, just so it has more flexibility, but others prefer the 26, with 8 RP, model)
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:33 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

or, they could adjust the bullpen AI to actually work with a 25-man roster like all 30 mlb teams do in RL

:P

i have faith they will rein it in... not a complaint, but preaching patience... (lol - 'faith'.. 'preach'.. me)

in the past when odd things like this would occur, they put in a lot of effort to fix it. i'm sure they are aware. another forum post had a response from .. matt or markus, take a pick, i forget which. a few years ago they were pitchign 2-3ip at a time, if i recall.

even though they probably continued to pitch 2ip too often (even in '18), it was reined in.

i believe the ai was tweaked again for '19 -- nothing but good can come from it as the further improve it. enjoy the bumps on the way.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:50 PM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by highandoutside View Post
You might want to think about expanding the AI's roster to 26 and forcing it to carry 8 RPs. If you don't do that, it tends to find itself in an exhausted bullpen tailspin. (I give the AI 28 guys, just so it has more flexibility, but others prefer the 26, with 8 RP, model)
Exactly what I do (26 player rosters with 13/13 split) and it works great.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:14 AM   #6
aadam
Minors (Rookie Ball)

33-12 game score with real life settings??

(deleted)

Last edited by aadam; 04-15-2018 at 05:15 AM. Reason: delete