Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-23-2020, 03:54 AM   #1
DowntownTorontonian
Bat Boy

D&D Style Rolling to roll for Stats of Custom Coaches and Players?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had a system for rolling for stats similar to creating a character in D&D.

I've made a friend of mine who coaches in RL (For fun) and had a number generator generate a bunch of random numbers between 0 - 200 and had him assign them where he wanted them.

But doing the same for a player is kinda tough, I want to make my little brother who wants to be a baseball player. How would you guys go about making a plausable draftee who starts in HS at 16.
DowntownTorontonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM   #2
Lobanica
Bat Boy

Hello. You know, I've always loved playing games that develop imagination and logic. I loved chess, as well as a lot of board games. Video games didn't appeal to me much. Once in a conversation on Facebook, my friend threw off an article about the game Dungeons and Dragons. We looked at the game guide here https://dndguide.net/ and decided to get together with our company over the weekend and try to play. And I can say with confidence that this is the best board game I've ever played, a lot of characters, spells, and magic, incredible. I want my children to play such games and develop their imagination and logic. Of course, I agree that sports are also important.

Last edited by Lobanica; 02-01-2021 at 09:10 AM.
Lobanica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:09 PM   #3
kopuz
Minors (Double A)

I would love to see a tool like this! The nerd in me is screaming right now.. I might look into writing something like this myself.
kopuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:47 PM   #4
treymancini
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobanica View Post
Hello. You know, I've always loved playing games that develop imagination and logic. I loved chess, as well as a lot of board games. Video games didn't appeal to me much. Once in a conversation on Facebook, my friend threw off an article about the game Dungeons and Dragons. We looked at the game guide here https://dndguide.net/ and decided to get together with our company over the weekend and try to play. And I can say with confidence that this is the best board game I've ever played, a lot of characters, spells, and magic, incredible. I want my children to play such games and develop their imagination and logic. Of course, I agree that sports are also important.
If you think DND is good, you should see the amazing board games that are coming out now. Left DnD in the dust for me.
treymancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 02:41 AM   #5
gamednds
Bat Boy

This takes the complete opposite technique and begins with the persona and history of your character and figures out the mechanical aspects of your person later. Start with an https://gameizmo.com/dnd-5e-classes/ idea for a person trope or a persona you need to roleplay with after which construct from there. The daughter of a neighborhood noble rebelling and strolling away from domestic to discover adventure.
gamednds is offline   Reply With Quote