Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:42 AM   #1
joshua106ful
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there any way to get alot of money?

A few years back I played OOTP 16 and I created a fictional league. I set the financial option to the time of the 1870s. I remembered that the team that I was with had a lot of money. I would sign a lot of players and we would lead the division every time. I had over a million dollars when I had that save. Is there any way to get back to something like that in OOTP 19? Is there like an option or feature that will make the team that you are with have a lot of money and you can just blow most of the money to get superstars?
joshua106ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:01 AM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

just as before, sure.

you will have to make choices about who gets how much... even distribution or not etc etc...

depends on those choices, i'm making assumptions based on what you wrote:

use market sizes and change local media contract value -- disproportionately helps the larger markets. (there's an option to make both local and national even for all too, but default should be static nat'l, dynamic on the local)

you can also change any of the revenue streams as you want. if you go the market size route above, make sure yo have a 10+ market (team settings).

obviously, things like gate revenue will help more successful teams in the moment than losing teams.

you could also reduce expenses. excess revenue will result in people getting paid more for the various jobs -- players and personnell. the players will get the bigger chunks, of course, but if all teams have excess revenue, they will spend above baseline for 'baseline-quality' coaches and such too.

since you don't have to worry about player contracts, you shouldn't have to worry about ramifacations of any imbalance too much. whatever you do, you may want to zoom out enough years for teams to turnover and spot check any problems on the finance reports or team front offices.

bottom line is that you can control every single revenue stream and expense to some effect.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:23 AM   #3
ohms_law
Minors (Triple A)

It's actually easier than all of that. Enable commish mode in the Manager Options screen, and then one of the fields available under the Team Settings screen is Cash:

Old 01-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

one-time thing, sure. this sounded more like an every year thing. eventually, it will take more time and attention to do it that way.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:30 AM   #5
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

"Is there any way to get alot of money?"

Crime
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:48 PM   #6
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohms_law View Post
It's actually easier than all of that. Enable commish mode in the Manager Options screen, and then one of the fields available under the Team Settings screen is Cash:

Actually, budget amount is FAR MORE important than cash. Your team can have the maximum amount of cash available, however if your budget is low, you will not be able to spend it.

OOTP does not get how budgets and cash work in real life, so I have learned the only way around is to increase budgets.
Old 02-23-2023, 12:11 PM   #7
Orion123
Bat Boy

It is impossible to earn a lot of money quickly.
Orion123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:10 AM   #8
OliverBuckland
Bat Boy

Hey! Ah, the good old OOTP days. I totally get the nostalgia. In OOTP 19, boosting that bankroll can be a bit tricky, but it's like a strategic game within the game. Reminds me of when I stumbled upon these apps to earn money – a different kind of game, but surprisingly fun and rewarding. It's all about finding those hidden avenues to strengthen your position, both in the virtual and real worlds.

Last edited by OliverBuckland; 02-14-2024 at 09:10 AM.
OliverBuckland is offline   Reply With Quote