Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-29-2019, 03:50 PM   #1
jsteele1020
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Brand new to PT

But I love it, however I have 2 dumb questions...

First, why would I want to auction or sell cards, won't I need them for collections at some point?

Second, how do you earn perfect points? they just seem to show up.

Thanks!
jsteele1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

You might want to sell a card, say, that you got in a pack that has a much higher AH value than its face value (e.g., 1000 PP for a gold card) so you can acquire another card you really want or better works for your team. But yeah collections are a thing. Maybe browse them and see if there are any you are interested in doing.

IMHO, you get much better value working the AH than ripping packs.

PP accumulates through achievements earned, like a winning streak, a triple-play, winning the division, or hitting streak. You can see your achievements on the bottom left of the Perfect Team home screen, or in the Achievements screen.

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 07-29-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:07 PM   #3
jsteele1020
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If you have a card in a collection and then sell it I assume it leaves the collection?
jsteele1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:09 PM   #4
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

if you finish a collection, you can no longer sell any cards that you used to get the collection reward.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:10 PM   #5
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele1020 View Post
If you have a card in a collection and then sell it I assume it leaves the collection?

Yes, if you haven't completed the collection. Once you complete a collection, the card becomes locked and can't be sold, but can be played (or not) as usual...
Old 07-29-2019, 04:12 PM   #6
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
if you finish a collection, you can no longer sell any cards that you used to get the collection reward.

I love your team names but now I can't get the Sanford and Son theme song out of my head. LOL
Old 07-29-2019, 04:14 PM   #7
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

collections are really not worthwhile, most of the rewards are worth nowhere near the cost of cards, and some are virtually impossible to complete due to lack of cards on the market. Work on building your team 1st,

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:35 PM   #8
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Yea if you are not spending a lot or get a lucky pull that you sell for several hundred thousand points, you likely won't get most of the collections done. They are fun and they help prop up the market though, so they for sure have a place.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:40 PM   #9
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Helpful Tips

#1: Seasons last a week in real time. If you want to change your ballpark settings, I suggest aiming for Sunday (if you've been eliminated from the playoffs) in case you're busy on Monday and can't access PT before the new season starts.

#2: Decide what kind of team you want to build. Contact/Speed and Defense? Power and High Strikeouts? Gap Hitting and Versatility? This can extend to how you set up your ballpark and your overall team strategy/individual player strategies as well. By doing this ahead of time, you can also get an idea of the type of players you'll want to acquire via AH if you go that route or the type of players you'll want to sell off.

#3: Overalls are nice but related to #3, they don't tell a whole story. My squad is primarily 80s/90s OVR but I have a 64 OVR RP due to his 124 Stuff rating and my core DH is a 73 OVR Roger Maris largely due to his 88 Power rating. Ratings/Squad Strategy > Overalls usually.

#4: If you're log jammed at a position, experiment with training players at a different position if their range/arm/error ratings seem to be high enough. Also don't be afraid to put a struggling SP into a RP role if you think he can fare better in that spot.

Last edited by DawnBTVS; 07-30-2019 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Erroneous on F2P Info
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:52 PM   #10
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBTVS View Post
Helpful Tips

#2: If you see threads/posts about F2P, that acronym stands for 'Free to Play' and usually involves teams built around pack ripping only (as opposed to building a team via spending in the Auction House).
What? "Free to Play" means not spending money on the game, and has nothing to do with the auction house. Those two things could not have less to do with each other. If you want to play teacher, get your facts straight first.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:11 PM   #11
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleigh View Post
collections are really not worthwhile, most of the rewards are worth nowhere near the cost of cards, and some are virtually impossible to complete due to lack of cards on the market. Work on building your team 1st,
I dunno. I've acquired some nice diamonds spending under the amount of PP on the collections what they are worth in the AH. Takes patience though.

I've also completed collections around themes I've been building (Brewers/Braves, Senators/Twins, Negro Leagues) and have obtained usable cards from the collections as well as a nice diamond or gold reward I can use - Yount, Sain, Santana (100), Goslin, Oliva, Torii Hunter, Paul Dean, John O'Neil (negro leagues).

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 07-29-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:18 AM   #12
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
What? "Free to Play" means not spending money on the game, and has nothing to do with the auction house. Those two things could not have less to do with each other. If you want to play teacher, get your facts straight first.
My bad. I associated the AH with $$ being spent on PP and purchased PP then being used to buy players. Also could be less of a jerk with that final line. Was just offering advice.

Last edited by DawnBTVS; 07-30-2019 at 03:45 AM.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:18 AM   #13
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
I dunno. I've acquired some nice diamonds spending under the amount of PP on the collections what they are worth in the AH. Takes patience though.

I've also completed collections around themes I've been building (Brewers/Braves, Senators/Twins, Negro Leagues) and have obtained usable cards from the collections as well as a nice diamond or gold reward I can use - Yount, Sain, Santana (100), Goslin, Oliva, Torii Hunter, Paul Dean, John O'Neil (negro leagues).
there's a world of difference between what someone who has just started can afford versus someone who has played multiple years at higher tiers.

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:42 AM   #14
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I wouldn’t say they’re not worthwhile. Before collections, my flagship team was spinning its wheels in Silver. But thanks to the fact that a five-collections mission fit in with the team theme, I got lots of great cards and in the past month I won Silver, won Gold, won Diamond and just got promoted to Perfect for the first time ever. And I’m FTP. Like Cheesehead said, you have to have patience. I don’t think my PP balance ever got above 20,000 while I was completing the rewards.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:21 AM   #15
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleigh View Post
there's a world of difference between what someone who has just started can afford versus someone who has played multiple years at higher tiers.

True. And that did occur to me. There are many standard pack missions though he could complete for under the 1000 PP cost of a standard pack. Also there might be some easier collection missions to complete that might have a lower value card reward that might be good at lower tiers. The OP didn't state whether or not he dropped some $$ and ripped a few packs but he might even have a few missions partially completed. I guess it depends on how a new player wants to play the game...
Old 07-30-2019, 10:25 AM   #16
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
I wouldn’t say they’re not worthwhile. Before collections, my flagship team was spinning its wheels in Silver. But thanks to the fact that a five-collections mission fit in with the team theme, I got lots of great cards and in the past month I won Silver, won Gold, won Diamond and just got promoted to Perfect for the first time ever. And I’m FTP. Like Cheesehead said, you have to have patience. I don’t think my PP balance ever got above 20,000 while I was completing the rewards.

You did that FTP? Holy crap! That's awesome. I do reach for my wallet occasionally but have done a lot just working the AH to acquire PP...