Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 07:22 PM   #81
potatoman
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmjager
Ok while im waiting to get this thing filled and started on rosters I am doing more testing. I have played the same season about 300 times and things look balenced.
Only one thing looks like it needs changing.
The bonus I gave to pitcher endurance.
Of all the things that need to be change im sure this seems like an odd choice.
Let me explain why, Manado was consistantly having one of the best staffs in the league. They get bonuses so this was to be expected. However I was still wondering why they were so good even though the bonuses were small.
It took me about 150 seasons to figure it out.
Pitcher endurance.
Using a fictional league with no modifiers will net you alot of good relief pitchers. Most will be between 3.5-4.5 stars.
Well...add +25 endurance to these players and what do you get?
Thats right. 3.5-4.5 star SP. So basicly this doubles the amount of pitchers Menado has to select from. You can switch a 4 star MR into a 4 star SP.
Basicly they were doing this some seasons and had 5 SP with 4 or more stars. As you can guess this was a damn good staff.
A smart human can take advantage of this and change his MR to SP and have a staff of aces. He could also see how his pitchers do during the season and rotate them out since he has 8-9 SP quality players.
To make a long story short. I am going to take my +25 and change it to +15 or +10. This is a fairly significant change.
What do you guys think?

Took me ****ing forever to discover this
Sounds good!

New Jersey Nighthawks (1227-717)

Last 5 seasons

2011: 118-44
2012: 100-62
2013: 111-51
2014: 106-56
2015: 108-54

OTBA Champions: 2008, 2010,2011
potatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:39 PM   #82
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
We are full!
sebastian has taken Samoa and thus we have our twelve owners.
If you did not make it, do not fret. Expansion will come soon enough and owners will drop out at certain point. Keep an eye out for future calls for owners.

Now on to the twelve. Here is what I need from you.

Name:
E-mail:
Aim:

If you do not want to give any of this out, I understand. You can make up anything for the first three, I just want something to put on our website.

Now on to your team

Team name
Team names can be anything you want as long as they are not vulgar. You do not have to match your team name to the people that play for your team but you certainly can if you want.

Logo
It will be up to you to create or have someone create you a logo. As above it can be anything you want as long as it is not vulgar.

Minor leagues
You can name your minor leagues anything. I am going to be a little more strict here. Please place your minor league teams close to where your team exists.
Here are some example you might use
Other islands in your islands chain
Cities nearby
Mountains
Rivers
Some of the larger cities have district names. These would work for the real large cities like Kuala Lumpur.

I suggest you do a little research for names and minors names and your logo. Learn a little about the place you have choosen and be creative and have fun

Stadiums

I have a few simple rules with stadiums

Fence distance can be no shorter than 320 anywhere. No longer than 475 anywhere.
Park effects can be no lower than 70 and no higher than 130
Fence height can be no higher than 50 feet

A note on park effects: Please try and keep things in proportion and realistic. If you have a 475 ft center field then having a HR factor of 130 is absurd. I have thought about using a spreadsheet that calculates these things but decided against it since there are factors such as grass height, lighting, altitude, foul ground area and quality of the grass that affect factors I am not going to use this.
So if you have a 450 ft wall up on top of a 8000 foot volcano then your HR factor may be like 95 instead of 70.
Just try and keep things in perspective and reasonable. One of my goals is to achieve statistical integrity in this league and provide a rich history that people will enjoy reading.

Financials are off so capacity matters not. But to keep the flavour of the league intact I ask that you do a little research on your location and select a stadium size accordingly.
Some of these island chains have as few as 150,000 people. These stadiums should only be around 20,000 or so.
Kuala Lampur has I believe 4 million in the valley it sits in so a size of 100,000 is not out of the question.
Stadium names can be whatever you wish.
This next part is optional. If you wish, you may write up a short biography of your stadium and I will include it on the website. Also, if you can get one of the art modders to draw you a 'portrait' of the stadium as well then I will include that.
Stadium biographies can be as weird as you want. A few of the ideas I had was that land ran out on on the the islands so they built a stadium inside a beached WW2 aircraft carrier. Another was that the stadium was built inside a dormant volcano. Use your imagination and have fun thinking up stadium history. This part is optional. If you just want to give me basic stadium info then that is fine.

I think this is all I need. If you can think of anything im missing please tell me.
You may post your info here or pm it to me.

I am in no hurry for this stuff so take your time and see what you can stew up. I dont expect to have the website up anytime soon so take your time.

Last edited by rudel.dietrich; 01-15-2005 at 12:58 AM.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:47 PM   #83
themill

the Admiralty Islands team will be known as the Cannibals!
Attached Images
themill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:03 PM   #84
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

while doing some research i came across this little diddy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA World Factbook
drug trafficking and illegally importing controlled substances are serious offenses in Brunei and carry a mandatory death penalty

edit: a little later i found this...

Quote:
Please note that the public sale and consumption of alcohol is prohibited by law in Brunei.

Last edited by disposableheros; 01-14-2005 at 10:22 PM.
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:06 PM   #85
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposableheros
while doing some research i came across this little diddy...

Makes sense. The nation is tiny and the Sultan or whatever is one of the richest men in the world. He is a minor celeberaty in Europe since he spends alot of time their throwing his money around.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:26 AM   #86
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

edit: a little later i found this...

They are no longer in the league. Primitive savages.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:38 AM   #87
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Update

I finished about 30 more test seasons and made some final tweaks.
The numbers are final and will be what we go with out first season. Look over your team as I made a number of small changes to their ratings.
Menado has a major change as I cut the +25 endurance back to +15 for the reasons I stated above.

I planned on starting the rosters tonight but I am exhausted so I think I am going to make it an early night and work most of the day tomorrow and sunday and monday is nessecary.

One final note. I forgot to mention.

Here is how I will adjust ratings.
For players with gold stars I am going to adjust talent as well as actual ratings.
For blue star players I am just going to adjust just talent.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:33 AM   #88
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Mauboy

If your team name is not the Shaolin Monks everyone in the league will be mad at you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaolin

Just kidding. Make your name whatever you want. But those guys are badass's
Old 01-15-2005, 02:28 AM   #89
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If your team name is not the Shaolin Monks everyone in the league will be mad at you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaolin

Just kidding. Make your name whatever you want. But those guys are badass's
maybe david carradine, Wu Tang, or quentin tarantino would be mad at you, but i wont.

that would be a nice rivalry though, the Brunei Bersilat vs the Shaolin Monks

Last edited by disposableheros; 01-15-2005 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:45 AM   #90
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

just thinking about something....when we create our own stadiums, that will throw off the results you've been getting. i assume you've been doing all these test sims with a cookie cutter stadium? and all teams in the same stadium?
Old 01-15-2005, 02:52 AM   #91
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
just thinking about something....when we create our own stadiums, that will throw off the results you've been getting. i assume you've been doing all these test sims with a cookie cutter stadium? and all teams in the same stadium?
I assume it will throw off my stats. I am not sure if it will effect W-L records. We will have to keep a close eye on things and you guys will have to looks for obvious areas where teams are not well balenced.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:43 PM   #92
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Anyone have a name for our championship series or leauge series?

Also I am taking ideas for what to call the divisions. There is only one is each league but it still wants me to name them.

I will leave it blank until I get some idea. I am working on the league file as I type this.

Last edited by rudel.dietrich; 01-15-2005 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:12 PM   #93
treedom
Hall Of Famer

How about the Lemuria Series or Cup. Or perhaps call the divisions Lemuria and Mu.

EDIT - Here's an explanation: http://www.lemuria.net/

Last edited by treedom; 01-15-2005 at 01:14 PM.
treedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:14 PM   #94
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Name: Chris Creed
Age: Old enough to know better, young enough not to care
E-mail: use PM system on website
Aim: None

Team name

Lutadores Da Liberdade De Timor-Leste (East Timor Freedom Fighters)

Why is it in Portuguese? Because that's the official language there(well ok it's that and Tetum, but have you tried to find an online translator for Tetum?!). The team name Freedom Figuters refers to their thirty year struggle for Independance from Indonesia, and its' the only thing that I coudl think of.

Logo (attached below)

I suck at graphic design but figured since it's a new nation, they'd be proud of their flag, hence the team logo. I'm defaintely up for something better though.

Minor leagues

They are in the following order:

Majors: Dili
AAA: Bare
AA: Baucau
A: Suai

Stadiums

LF: 375
LF-CF :420
CF: 450
RF-CF: 420
RF: 380

All walls five feet high

Campo da Gunung TataMailau (Gunung Tatamailau Field)

doubling as a soccer field this is why the center of the field has fences so far away. Low walls were more to keep construction costs down. The stiadum is right along the waterfront so trade winds are common and sometimes blustery, makign many sure home runs into outs. Park factor I have no idea about but with the park dimensions it shoudl be easy to se that they take advantage of their fielding and pitching prowess. Seating capacity is around 45,000, due to the large amount of seats and crowds expected at soccer games.

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:20 PM   #95
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

League Totals

Here are the league totals we will be using.
Look over them and give me your thoughts on them
I adjusted offense downard about 6% since I like the numbers that gives me.

AB: 168000
Hits: 42000
Double: 8500
Triples: 955
Homeruns: 5500
BB: 15900
HBP: 1930
Strikeouts: 30800
Avg% BIP: .277

I am using the Golden Year engine. Only thing I changed was base stealing from normal to often.

Feel free to comment.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:22 PM   #96
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

looks fine to m although i appriicate the often SB rating

PT22

Old 01-15-2005, 01:23 PM   #97
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
Name: Chris Creed
Age: Old enough to know better, young enough not to care
E-mail: use PM system on website
Aim: None

Team name

Lutadores Da Liberdade De Timor-Leste (East Timor Freedom Fighters)

Why is it in Portuguese? Because that's the official language there(well ok it's that and Tetum, but have you tried to find an online translator for Tetum?!). The team name Freedom Figuters refers to their thirty year struggle for Independance from Indonesia, and its' the only thing that I coudl think of.

Logo (attached below)

I suck at graphic design but figured since it's a new nation, they'd be proud of their flag, hence the team logo. I'm defaintely up for something better though.

Minor leagues

They are in the following order:

Majors: Dili
AAA: Bare
AA: Baucau
A: Suai

Stadiums

LF: 375
LF-CF :420
CF: 450
RF-CF: 420
RF: 380

All walls five feet high

Campo da Gunung TataMailau (Gunung Tatamailau Field)

doubling as a soccer field this is why the center of the field has fences so far away. Low walls were more to keep construction costs down. The stiadum is right along the waterfront so trade winds are common and sometimes blustery, makign many sure home runs into outs. Park factor I have no idea about but with the park dimensions it shoudl be easy to se that they take advantage of their fielding and pitching prowess. Seating capacity is around 45,000, due to the large amount of seats and crowds expected at soccer games.
Creed
Just so you know. East Timor and West timor are two very different places politicaly and while one wants to be free the other strongly wants to remain with Indonesia. If you like the name and want to stick with it, I have no problem with that. Just letting you know
Old 01-15-2005, 01:24 PM   #98
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedom
How about the Lemuria Series or Cup. Or perhaps call the divisions Lemuria and Mu.

EDIT - Here's an explanation: http://www.lemuria.net/
I like this. I will wait for more suggestions but this is the front runner.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:28 PM   #99
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Creed
Just so you know. East Timor and West timor are two very different places politicaly and while one wants to be free the other strongly wants to remain with Indonesia. If you like the name and want to stick with it, I have no problem with that. Just letting you know
Oh I though you were referring to East Timor in the decriptiion, sicne West Timor isnt its' own country.

Ya I'm going with East Timor, made research easier.

PT22

Old 01-15-2005, 01:30 PM   #100
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
Oh I though you were referring to East Timor in the decriptiion, sicne West Timor isnt its' own country.

Ya I'm going with East Timor, made research easier.
Sounds good. In the league file so I will just name your team location Timor.
We will pretend no thing such war exists in our little league