Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 10:20 PM   #21
asamford
Banned

hey, aren't you the guy that's stealing licenses?
Old 05-10-2003, 10:28 PM   #22
mlb2
Banned

if you would read the big article I wrote explaining what ACTUALLY happened here you would find out that I didnt steal anyones license and that this guy that stepped forward and blamed me needs to apologize for trying to incriminate me.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:30 PM   #23
asamford
Banned

sorry, the article you wrote was too big, i don't have the attention span to read that many words.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:36 PM   #24
mlb2
Banned

well if you wanted to know what really happened then you would read the article and see that I didnt do anything that deserves all of this negative commotion.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:41 PM   #25
mlb2
Banned

and by the way commish joe what right do you have going to my host and reporting me for something that didnt even happen, 1st of all it was a RUMOR that was started in a message board and you took it and told them it was fact, I would like a response to why you decided to sdo this without having the aACTUAL side of the story being told.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:48 PM   #26
JML
Hall Of Famer

u see andy i read the big article that he wrote and i had trouble understanding what exactly was happening since its tough to read something when there is hardly any punctuation and inconsistent capitalization it helps to have those visual cues of where a sentence begins and ends so it was hard to tell but basically what i gathered was that scott vibert a moderator has had more than one complaint about this guy trying to get licenses from people so it would seem that he is just making up this story but i cant really be sure because i dont exactly know what the circumstances are that aside i think its a little presumtuous for mlb2 to write some stuff and then say that he is the only one here telling the truth it seems a little ridiculous if you ask me especially since there have been other reports of questionable behavior from him but like i said i really cant say for sure but im sure someone in a position to say so will make the proper decision here
Old 05-10-2003, 10:57 PM   #27
Old Man
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally posted by mlb2
i waasnt in a car wash and this whole thing is a mistake and I would appreciate it if the people who put me down in this post would apologize for makign wrongful and incriminating commnents about me. thank you

I do not see anything wrong with washing your car. A clean car is a happy car.

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"
-Mickey Lolich
Old 05-10-2003, 10:59 PM   #28
mlb2
Banned

what scott said was correct, there have been 2 reports of me supposedly stealing licenses. The 1st time what happened was that my computer got reinstalled by my father without my knowing. So my licensing information for ootp5 was gone when it was reinstalled. I contacted elicense about getting my license reinstated because of what happened. While I was waiting for a response from the people at elicense I asked some people that HAD just joined my league if the had a license I could borrow temporarily until I got mine reinstalled because I was due to have a sim that night and I dont like to delay sims so I asked around to see if I could borrow one. Nobody gave me one so I couldnt sim.So I got my license reinstated by elicense and that is all there is to the 1st problem.

The 2nd proble. (this current one) was made possible by my webhost. There had been some problems with something with my account with them and so I couldnt access my ftp for the site to make changes to the site. I had fired 7 owners, most for refusal to use aim or be active, and hired new gm's. Merlin was one of the gms, I gave him a team and told him I would get back in contact with him as soon as the problem with the host was taken care of. When I got the league running again I started to make a look out for the people that I had put on my buddy list for aim that I had given gm openings to so that I could get their information to put on the league owners page for the league. Every owner that got on their aim sn that i had hired as an owner was put in the league and the league owners page was updated. Second of all I never used any of the licenses that I got from the people in my league because I could only get 8 of them out of the needed 12. I have since discarded all of the licenses since I have no use for them. So you see he was in fact in the league.

I hope this long bit explains everything that has been argued about in here, and hope we can get the best out of this situation. Please respond
Old 05-10-2003, 11:00 PM   #29
Aussie Mark
Major Leagues

1. "something" happened to his web host
2. his computer got a virus
3. his dog ate his homework
4. the UN called him up to be a weapons inspector
Old 05-10-2003, 11:03 PM   #30
mlb2
Banned

man this is a serious issue here, not something to goof off about. This needs to be fixed and dealt with correctly.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:05 PM   #31
Old Man
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally posted by mlb2
man this is a serious issue here, not something to goof off about. This needs to be fixed and dealt with correctly.

The thing is, Mark was dead serious.

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"
-Mickey Lolich
Old 05-10-2003, 11:06 PM   #32
mlb2
Banned

what was said didnt need to be said in here where there is a very serious accusation being made with nothing backing it up.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:07 PM   #33
JML
Hall Of Famer

I assume you are dealing with official .400 people on this one. If they come to the conclusions that you are suggesting, I'm sure they will make it known. Until then, you'll probably have to deal with the black mark on your reputation here. If you had read your license agreement, you would have known that asking to "borrow" someone elses ID is illegal, regardless of your situation with viruses, or webhosts, or fathers who "reinstall your computer" (I'm still not sure what that means). Then you could have avoided this besmirching of your reputation as a trust-worthy commish.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:09 PM   #34
mlb2
Banned

Ok I admit to making a mistake with the asking to borrow of a license, that was a mistake I should have not made, but this big mistake that is being talked about now is nothing but an accusation.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:10 PM   #35
JML
Hall Of Famer

OK.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:16 PM   #36
mlb2
Banned

one of the admins if you are there please fix this problem
Old 05-10-2003, 11:52 PM   #37
AccardoOutfit29
All Star Reserve

Try a private message to one of them. Might work a lot better.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:53 PM   #38
holyroller
Hall Of Famer

Private Messages are overrated.

TonyJ et. al.'s alias

“I confused it with the chicken’s neck,” Mocanu, who was admitted to the emergency hospital in Galati, was quoted as saying. “I cut it ... and the dog rushed and ate it.”
Old 05-11-2003, 12:19 AM   #39
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Haha, I just noticed your sig Old Man.....
Old 05-11-2003, 12:26 AM   #40
CommishJoe
Global Moderator

I sent this thread to your host because if this was true, you would be in violation of their usage agreement. So, I gave them this information, and told them that if they wanted, I would forward their information to Merlin if he wanted to follow up. They acepted. End of story. I didn't add anything. Just made sure the appropriate people were getting the information.

What right do I have? As a host myself, I would have wanted to have known so I could have launched an investigation, so I reported it.

Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.
Closed Thread