Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:14 AM   #1
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Well that sucks big time

Started a league. Made sure Facegen was disabled. Played a couple weeks last night and went to bed. Woke up this morning and loaded up the game. After the update loaded I clicked on my league to start playing.

Facegen somehow turned itself back on.

Now, this league is ruined. I can't play with the strobe light. Every play the pitcher flashes off on off on.

It's getting old having 2D be the ugly stepchild. But what stinks is, I solved the problem by turning off facegen. Not sure how a feature can turn itself back on, but it did. Ugh!
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:21 AM   #2
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Too bad, if you figure it out please let me know.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:24 AM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Too bad, if you figure it out please let me know.
Won't effect you unless you play 2D.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:38 AM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Also would love to know why the game has to do the big black bar across the top every time a new facegen is created. First time through the lineup is a screen shaking mess. When you change to 3D the game doesn't have to do the big black bar of shake. Oh and the big black box of shake also causes the expanded boxscores to flash off and on.as well.

Last edited by David Watts; 03-30-2019 at 05:41 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:24 AM   #5
IncognitoNL
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Did you turn off facegen in the overall settings as well (file > settings > 3d and facegen), or just in the game settings (game > game settings > players & facegen). If the latter, make sure to also disable the 'load ... automatically' checkboxes.

I like facegen, but I agree that the constant updating makes the game a lot more frustrating. I usually play with create pictures on player creation, but update only on Jan 1st, But unfortunately the latter setting has been broken since last year..
IncognitoNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:54 AM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoNL View Post
Did you turn off facegen in the overall settings as well (file > settings > 3d and facegen), or just in the game settings (game > game settings > players & facegen). If the latter, make sure to also disable the 'load ... automatically' checkboxes.

I like facegen, but I agree that the constant updating makes the game a lot more frustrating. I usually play with create pictures on player creation, but update only on Jan 1st, But unfortunately the latter setting has been broken since last year..
I may have to check out that settings option you mentioned. I selected no pictures and made sure the box for facegen was unchecked. If I can turn them off in that other setting, I will do so.

Before I left for work I played a few games and by moving the pitcher info box to the very far right of the screen it is less annoying. It also helps to have it on same side as batter.

The black bar of shake that disrupts the whole screen for each teams first trip through the order is just awful. I too use the January 1st deal. It worked great with 19, but 19 didn't have the pitchers strobe light.

Again, just tired of 2D getting crapped on. 17 and 18 weren't even playable for me because the 2D presentation was a headache inducing mess. In no way 20 as bad as those 2 versions and I still like it, I will just have to adapt.

Last edited by David Watts; 03-30-2019 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:06 AM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I don't even think 2D or Webcast get looked at during creation or testing. Webcast has featured unreadable info boxes for certain teams for 2 version now.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #8
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoNL View Post

Thanks for telling me about that option in the settings section. I have disabled facegen. Hoping that will do the trick for my new league. The one I was playing was a lost cause, as the ones that were already created wouldn't go away.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:45 PM   #9
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

In settings use check for photos first, solved my problems. I had two players that face gen would show up for, just two, I checked the photo first setting and haven’t seen face gen since.
Mt Fire Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:00 PM   #10
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

David, what happens when you delete the FG files from your league folder?

Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\saved_games\New Game.lg\news\html\images\person_pictures
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:09 PM   #11
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
David, what happens when you delete the FG files from your league folder?

Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\saved_games\New Game.lg\news\html\images\person_pictures
Does this just delete the facegens in a particular league or does it delete them altogether? I hold out hope the Strobe eventually gets dealt with, so I don't want to do anything permanent.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:10 PM   #12
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Just in that particular league.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #13
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Just in that particular league.
Once again you come through. Just transferred my 19 random over to 20. Followed your instructions and bingo, no facegens. Thank you so much.