Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-16-2018, 04:27 PM   #21
Thalion
Major Leagues

I think you should impound all of that PP and send them to me.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:33 PM   #22
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I'd think in order to prevent cheating on the same license, you'd have to have a license key assigned to each login and prevent the same license accounts from buying and selling to/from each other and being in the same league with each other.

But there's not a lot you can do about people with multiple licenses and you'd have to just look for suspicious behavior. However, if you have the money to buy additional licenses, you could just spend the money on PP instead, so maybe that won't be a big issue. I dunno.
We could prevent it on the same license, but as I've commented on, decided not to because sometimes families share licenses or Steam installs and it would be unfair to them, especially if it meant keeping them out of the same leagues.

And also exactly for the reason you mention as well, because if some one really wants to cheat, they can buy extra copies of the game on sale and cheat with them.

They'd likely get a "discount" on the PP they were cheating with that way, and we need to be able to find and stop those kind of cheaters as well. So since we have to stop them no matter what we do, it makes sense to use those same tools and methods to police the multiple accounts on the same license as well.

That's not saying we'll automatically catch every one who does this at any level immediately, though hopefully we will. But if they do it enough or egregiously, we'll spot them.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-16-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:37 PM   #23
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
We could prevent it on the same license, but as I've commented on, decided not to because sometimes families share licenses or Steam installs and it would be unfair to them, especially if it meant keeping them out of the same leagues.

And also exactly for the reason you mention as well, because if some one really wants to cheat, they can buy extra copies of the game on sale and cheat with them.

They'd likely get a "discount" on the PP they were cheating with that way, and we need to be able to find and stop those kind of cheaters as well. So since we have to stop them no matter what we do, it makes sense to use those same tools and methods to police the multiple accounts on the same license as well.

That's not saying we'll automatically catch every one who does this at any level immediately, though hopefully we will. But if they do it enough or egregiously, we'll spot them.
Then there's the other way to cheat. If same licensed accounts can be in the same league, one team could tank with their lineups (like pitch all position players) so the other can load up on achievement PP.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:39 PM   #24
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Then there's the other way to cheat. If same licensed accounts can be in the same league, one team could tank with their lineups (like pitch all position players) so the other can load up on achievement PP.
Indeed. That's been discussed as well. It's a lot harder to catch that, especially if they use any sort of restraint. So in this case we'll probably have to depend more on reports from folks in those leagues to find this sort of thing.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-16-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:43 PM   #25
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Indeed. That's been discussed as well. It's a lot harder to catch that, especially if they use any sort of restraint. So in this case we'll probably have to depend more on reports from folks in those leagues to find this sort of thing.
That being said, you probably play other teams in the same league rarely enough and the achievements are random enough, that this would be an extremely inefficient form of cheating, as well as being pretty obvious if it's done more than once or twice.

You could do it, but you'd probably be better off spending the time spent to do this working the AH market. You'd make more and not risk being banned.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-16-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:21 PM   #26
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I guess we all will have to live with the fact that if someone really really wants to cheat there will be ways ... just like in all ways of life.

And if cheating doesn't work they could use big bucks to create an All-Star-caliber team.

But I'm pretty sure the majority of us will play with the cards they're dealt with and will have fun doing so.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:28 PM   #27
Kushiel
All Star Starter

If there were no cheaters in life, there would be no crime. Every crime committed is cheating somebody out of something. It is sad, but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
I guess we all will have to live with the fact that if someone really really wants to cheat there will be ways ... just like in all ways of life.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:29 AM   #28
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

I’m returning to OOTP after a couple of years away and set up Perfect Team this weekend. It’s a lot more fun than I thought. My 9 year old now wants to play. If it is possible to have a second account, how would I do it without risking my current one? If I even can. Thanks
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:22 AM   #29
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
I’m returning to OOTP after a couple of years away and set up Perfect Team this weekend. It’s a lot more fun than I thought. My 9 year old now wants to play. If it is possible to have a second account, how would I do it without risking my current one? If I even can. Thanks
You can register up to 3 teams per license using different email addresses.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:19 PM   #30
CFraychineaud
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I was trying to sell a card from my main account for full price in PP (the average 5 last bid amount) to my second account since there is a lack of auctions being listed now and get an error. I am now wishing I had put the starting amount higher so I could cancel the sale since its not allowing it. Oh well. This is the error I get when trying to buyout or even bid on it.

CFraychineaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:44 AM   #31
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFraychineaud View Post
I was trying to sell a card from my main account for full price in PP (the average 5 last bid amount) to my second account since there is a lack of auctions being listed now and get an error. I am now wishing I had put the starting amount higher so I could cancel the sale since its not allowing it. Oh well. This is the error I get when trying to buyout or even bid on it.

Bidding between your own accounts is not allowed and is automatically blocked.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote