Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-04-2018, 06:21 PM   #21
Scoman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I already gave my opinion in the beta. I don't like the category at all. I agree with you. The developers like it, so we have it. They call it "fun fictional". That seems strange to me because the game prides itself on accuracy.

I lost the argument and we have Brendan Rodgers ranked in the top 3 in WAR. The cards are in the game, so I am going to play them if I get them.
Nothing wrong with the category ,just need to adjust the ratings to be a little more believable. No way a hypothetical guy should be among lead leaders in WAR.
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #22
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
I've been lucky when opening packs. Got two diamonds in the ~3 additional packs I have bought with earned points.

Their performances haven't really lived up to their ratings, unfortunately. My best performer is...

Davis is my everyday 1B and is on pace for a 5.0 WAR season. He's my 6th highest rated card, but is playing far better than everyone else.
I have Davis and he is doing well at .318, 8 HR 28 RBIs

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #23
Galeg
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
I have Davis and he is doing well at .318, 8 HR 28 RBIs
.309, 17 HR, 49 RBI for me. Solid.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #24
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I already gave my opinion in the beta. I don't like the category at all. I agree with you. The developers like it, so we have it. They call it "fun fictional". That seems strange to me because the game prides itself on accuracy.

I lost the argument and we have Brendan Rodgers ranked in the top 3 in WAR. The cards are in the game, so I am going to play them if I get them.
I am with you man. With, pretty much, the whole history of baseball to pull cards from I don't see any need for fictional "what if" players.

Hated Future Stars in MLB: The Show and don't like them here any better
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:41 PM   #25
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I am with you man. With, pretty much, the whole history of baseball to pull cards from I don't see any need for fictional "what if" players.

Hated Future Stars in MLB: The Show and don't like them here any better
Agreed. Most of the future legends won't be. You have your choice of real legends to use, no need for unrealistic fictional players.

Last edited by ike121212; 11-04-2018 at 06:43 PM.
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:07 PM   #26
mclellan36
Bat Boy

I got a Verlander (96) and a Severino (93). And my favoriite...Acuna (83)!
mclellan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:25 PM   #27
MmmRocks
Minors (Double A)

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
MmmRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:37 PM   #28
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Here's my top card
Attached Images
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:49 PM   #29
troy76
Bat Boy

Somebody has a trout 100 in my league
troy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:58 PM   #30
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

My best card is Robin Ventura:

But my best performer is literally a 50 overall Ryon Healy.
He was my worst position player in terms of overall when I started, much less now. I have a CJ Cron in reserves if Healy ever slumps, but I'm riding the hot hand right now.

Cactusguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:46 PM   #31
mike2228
Major Leagues

I just pulled that moments ago. Not sure if I should keep him or sell him.

Last edited by mike2228; 11-06-2018 at 01:39 PM.
mike2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #32
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2228 View Post

I just pulled that moments ago. Not sure if I should keep him or sell him.

Ventura, or Healy?

I honestly don't think golds are fetching much value on the market right now, I'd keep Ventura. And Healy obviously keep.
Cactusguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:39 AM   #33
Crash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:45 AM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoman View Post
Nothing wrong with the category ,just need to adjust the ratings to be a little more believable. No way a hypothetical guy should be among lead leaders in WAR.
I disagree. He's a talented player, why couldn't he be on pace to be among the leaders in WAR in his league? It's a small sample size, after all.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:08 AM   #35
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I disagree. He's a talented player, why couldn't he be on pace to be among the leaders in WAR in his league? It's a small sample size, after all.
If I didn't know better, I would think that you fixed it so he would be in my starter pack to get me to shut up on this topic. If so, I must admit that the ploy is working. I really like the guy!

I used to play a lot of fictional back in the day. I just hate to mix my fictional and historical, but I am getting over it. I still won't mix my peas and applesauce though.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:50 AM   #36
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

It's not a huge stretch that Rodgers or any of the other Future Legends could hit that sort of performance next year.

I mean, what if we'd had PT this time last year and had Future Legend cards of Ohtani, Acuna and Soto? Would they have been unrealistic?

Obviously, not all of the Future Legends are going to hit their potential in reality, and even if they do, not that quickly. Most prospects don't become stars, no matter how good they are.

But these are a bunch of the top prospects in baseball, all guys who realistically could hit that level, sooner or later, if all goes well with their development. In a game where we can have Babe Ruth pitching to himself, I really don't see how making Brendan Rodgers a tiny bit better at baseball than he currently is somehow crosses the line to become fictional and unrealistic.

As I mentioned when we talked about it in beta, though, it's a personal opinion thing, so I totally get that some folks may not like it, but Markus and I do, and I've seen comments from others who do like the category as well.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-05-2018 at 08:56 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:51 AM   #37
SMGames
Bat Boy

My top draw so far after I think 8 packs opened is historical all star Ernie Lombardi. After briefly imagining my team in a parade with the Vince Lombardi trophy, I snapped back to baseball lol. If I remember right, this was my 1st card drawn from the 1st pack.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how can I post a picture, I don't see any options to attach an image. I tried using an image host and inserting an image but I cant get that to work either.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Uploaded pic now:

p.s. I am eagerly awaiting the new FOF... I recently bought FOF 7 to get used to the game generally while waiting for the new version - would have bought version 8 but I dont use steam.

Attached Images

Last edited by SMGames; 11-05-2018 at 09:07 AM. Reason: add photo + FOF comment
SMGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:55 AM   #38
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMGames View Post
Please excuse my ignorance, but how can I post a picture, I don't see any options to attach an image. I tried using an image host and inserting an image but I cant get that to work either.
We require new users to confirm their account before attaching images. Your account hadn't been confirmed (which could be because the email for that got caught by your spam filters).

Since I happened to see the post, I approved it and confirmed your account. So you should be good to go now.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-05-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:56 AM   #39
SMGames
Bat Boy

Awesome! Thanks so much for your help
SMGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:58 AM   #40
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I mean, what if we'd had PT this time last year and had Future Legend cards of Ohtani, Acuna and Soto? Would they have been unrealistic?

In a game where we can have Babe Ruth pitching to himself, I really don't see how making Brendan Rodgers a tiny bit better at baseball than he currently is somehow crosses the line to become fictional and unrealistic.

These are very good arguments in favor of the category.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote