Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-03-2018, 06:57 AM   #1
npbrighton
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question about leagues

First off congrats on the release of PT, enjoying it so far. Sorry if this question has been answered or I've missed this somewhere. I know we have all been placed in an entry league to start off with, and mine has about 50 teams in it, so my questions are how many games will this season be & how many teams can get promoted?

Thanks guys for your hard work, really looking forward to losing hours & hours on this mode
npbrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Everyone will get promoted from the entry league! It's just a placeholder league for the newer teams.

Typically the entry league will run for 3-4 days, then the teams will move on to real leagues. Markus can correct me if I'm wrong but n this case I believe the regular leagues will start on Monday.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:22 AM   #3
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Kinda sorta like a "Spring Training"
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:05 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Everyone will get promoted from the entry league! It's just a placeholder league for the newer teams.

Typically the entry league will run for 3-4 days, then the teams will move on to real leagues. Markus can correct me if I'm wrong but n this case I believe the regular leagues will start on Monday.
Yes, Entry Pools run alongside the regular leagues, which start on Mondays. So when you initially sign up on a Tuesday, your team will be in the Entry Pool for 6 days.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:11 PM   #5
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, Entry Pools run alongside the regular leagues, which start on Mondays. So when you initially sign up on a Tuesday, your team will be in the Entry Pool for 6 days.
Is there any value to doing well in the entry pool, or is this just spring training?
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I think everyone starts in a Rookie League, so yes it is basically spring training.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #7
Matty86
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike121212 View Post
Is there any value to doing well in the entry pool, or is this just spring training?
You can earn points with these games, so I'd sign up and start racking up points so that you have some to spend to upgrade for when the games count.
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:06 PM   #8
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty86 View Post
You can earn points with these games, so I'd sign up and start racking up points so that you have some to spend to upgrade for when the games count.
I have, just curious how much I need to be concerned about my lineup as I buy/sell players.
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:38 AM   #9
SayHey1
Minors (Triple A)

So there will be no "qualifying for playoffs" in these entry pools leagues then I take it?

I'm glad because a 60 team division is awfully difficult to win.

So to recap:
1) The leagues we're in now the results don't count. (aside from earning PP, grabbing players, learning how this all works)
2) Those of us in entry pool leagues as of Monday will be moved to actual leagues.
3) Play in those leagues will begin on Monday and wins/losses will count towards qualifying for playoffs.

Please let me know if I got anything wrong.

Oh and can someone let us know how league structures will look? (i.e. Will it be like MLB...2 leagues, 3 divisions per league, 5 teams per division) or something else. Thanks!
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:08 AM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHey1 View Post
So there will be no "qualifying for playoffs" in these entry pools leagues then I take it?

I'm glad because a 60 team division is awfully difficult to win.

So to recap:
1) The leagues we're in now the results don't count. (aside from earning PP, grabbing players, learning how this all works)
2) Those of us in entry pool leagues as of Monday will be moved to actual leagues.
3) Play in those leagues will begin on Monday and wins/losses will count towards qualifying for playoffs.

Please let me know if I got anything wrong.

Oh and can someone let us know how league structures will look? (i.e. Will it be like MLB...2 leagues, 3 divisions per league, 5 teams per division) or something else. Thanks!
Yes, you got it

The leagues will have MLB structures mostly. There may be a couple of other configs per level, for example if there are 190 teams in one level, you get 5 leagues with 30 and 2 leagues with 20 teams.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote