Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #1
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Top of Website

Hey, why hasn't the top of the OOTP website been updated to include FOF yet?
Old 06-03-2018, 02:21 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I can only speculate but I'd guess it's likely they want to show the "FOF" on the front page when they can link it to the FOF detail section which shows feature list, screenshots, store to order. The announcement was more of a teaser announcing the new partnership. The "proper announcement" is forthcoming.

Quote:
We will have a proper announcement about the features and the release (we'll have a PC and Mac version) once we get closer to beta testing, so probably late Summer / Fall. We'll keep you posted!

Last edited by dave1927p; 06-03-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #3
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I can only speculate but I'd guess it's likely they want to show the "FOF" on the front page when they can link it to the FOF detail section which shows feature list, screenshots, store to order. The announcement was more of a teaser announcing the new partnership. The "proper announcement" is forthcoming.

I have such "beat dog" syndrome from this game...I flinch every time I see something that I perceive as a bad sign since it has fallen through so many times...

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Old 06-06-2018, 10:20 PM   #4
Jim Gindin
Solecismic Software

Take heart, Rosco. I told Markus I'd handle the web updates, but then I found out geocities has closed shop, so I lost all my html templates. It's taking me some time to reconstruct them. But yes, dave is right. We don't want to start any hype until we have something to show people. And with this sort of project, getting the guts in good shape first is the right way to go. So we'll be able to talk about the curling sim soon enough. Oh, I meant football. Football sim. Right. Downs, yards, quarterbacks... that kind of thing. Sorry that I can't answer questions right now.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #5
trence
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Take heart, Rosco. I told Markus I'd handle the web updates, but then I found out geocities has closed shop, so I lost all my html templates. It's taking me some time to reconstruct them. But yes, dave is right. We don't want to start any hype until we have something to show people. And with this sort of project, getting the guts in good shape first is the right way to go. So we'll be able to talk about the curling sim soon enough. Oh, I meant football. Football sim. Right. Downs, yards, quarterbacks... that kind of thing. Sorry that I can't answer questions right now.
I've been checking the boards daily, playing FOF8 to tide myself over. Needless to say, we are all super ready for any crumb of info. Can't wait!
Old 06-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #6
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fairly long for your first post, and I'm not so sure that this rambling would come from someone actually involved with the project. Can you provide proof you're the real deal?
Old 06-07-2018, 03:45 PM   #7
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Fairly long for your first post, and I'm not so sure that this rambling would come from someone actually involved with the project. Can you provide proof you're the real deal?
His profile looks legit. I think we’re all becoming a little paranoid about this project because of all the problems in the past. Me included. But I believe it’s a credible post and I don’t think he has the time to post right now.

Hopefully when he gets his templates working we’ll all feel a lot better.

Keep the faith!
Old 06-08-2018, 07:28 AM   #8
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

As the mod of the FOF area here and as someone who has interacted in writing with Jim for ~20 years, I'll chime in and say that there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe that's not Jim..
Old 06-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #9
ThePelvicWoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Dang it Jim, now I want a curling sim
Old 06-14-2018, 07:42 AM   #10
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePelvicWoo View Post
Dang it Jim, now I want a curling sim
I still can't believe how much curling I watched during the Olympics.. I was getting in to it.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:19 PM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

counting eggs and chickens... or somethign like that. i didn't grow up on a farm.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:02 PM   #12
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Wait, so Solescismic is the guy who is making the game?

I'm sorry for not knowing this if so, I am not a season FOF guy. I only bought one version but couldn't handle the lack of intuitive design (something OOTP specializes in) and couldn't get into it. I can't wait for this though!

Old 06-19-2018, 08:56 AM   #13
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
Wait, so Solescismic is the guy who is making the game?

I'm sorry for not knowing this if so, I am not a season FOF guy. I only bought one version but couldn't handle the lack of intuitive design (something OOTP specializes in) and couldn't get into it. I can't wait for this though!
Jim's company that produces FOF is called Solecismic Software.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:15 PM   #14
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Oh cool! Good to know he'll be posting. I've heard people who understand the interface absolutely love FOF, so when OOTP and FOF are married and have this new baby, I can't wait to see what it's like.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #15
demjansk1942
Minors (Single A)

I am new to off but could someone tell me more about the company trying to create a football SIM?
Old 06-27-2018, 02:20 PM   #16
Postman
Major Leagues

http://www.solecismic.com/

Jim isn't creating the sim. He's porting it.

Last edited by Postman; 06-27-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:23 PM   #17
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
He's porting it.
...a fact that it seems a number of people posting in this forum are overlooking.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:28 PM   #18
Postman
Major Leagues

Maybe Markus should consider getting out in front of this.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:27 PM   #19
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
As the mod of the FOF area here and as someone who has interacted in writing with Jim for ~20 years, I'll chime in and say that there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe that's not Jim..
These two posts comprise the best, the most hopeful sign that I could wish for the time being.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 07-02-2018 at 12:29 PM.