Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Some info about moderation / suggestions etc.

Hey folks,

we're very happy that you were positively surprised about the recent news that Jim has joined OOTP. Thank you for your kind words

Like I said in the announcement post, we'll be having more info in the coming months, specifically we're aiming for Draft Day to release more info and stuff like a preliminary feature list. Until then, we won't be monitoring this forum much for suggestions etc. so I suggest you save them for a later time.

Also, Ben E Lou will be moderating these forums from now on. Many of you already know him from Front Office Football Central.

Cheers,
Markus

BEN EDIT 2/23: I've emphasized the feature request point by bolding and coloring, as it looks like it got overlooked.

Last edited by Ben E Lou; 02-23-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #2
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

I'll keep all my suggestions in a Google Doc LOL.. thanks for the notice!
Old 02-22-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Thanks, Markus!

All:

In the short-term--especially between now and the planned announcement of the preliminary feature list in late April/early May--I envision my main role here to be a resource for answering questions about the existing version of FOF. I've played every version of it, dating back nearly 20 years, have beta tested it in the past, and currently run 3 MP leagues, so I kinda have a decent knowledge of how the game works.

Down the road, we'll see how the forum develops. I haven't spent a ton of time in OOTP game forums over the years, and of course I expect this forum will bring in a number of long-time FOFers and then new users later on, so we'll just have to see how the "culture" develops here. For now, though, I don't expect that you'll see much "modding" from me at all.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #4
johnnyshaka
All Star Reserve

Where's Skydog, I want Skydog back!
Old 02-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #5
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
where's skydog, i want skydog back!
Old 02-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Ben E Whou?

I hear he's a dictator sometimes.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:34 PM   #7
AlexB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As referred by Ben to another poster, reposting ideas/feature suggestions in this thread
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...6&postcount=14

Quote:
You can set who will be the starting players for pretty much every package on offense and players, but there is literally no way to set back ups or injury replacements.
So its sometimes the case that an OT ends up getting subbed in at TE and haring down the sidelines for a long gain.
Being able to set primary back ups is a must for me, on offense and defence - the current system also makes it very difficult to get rookies experience unless they are clear starters.

Similarly on defence, while there is a penalty on under or oversized players, there is no experience penalty for changing positions.
So for example, to avoid cuts the AI oftens seems to change LB or DE players to DTs in order to meet minimum roster requirements, which leads to a number of 260lb DTs floating around. Or a number of DTs are generated way too light t9 be effective.
This needs to stop, either by removing roster restrictions, thus preventing the need to change player positions, stopping these silly conversions/creations happening, or the game converting these types of FA players to a more suitable position to allow other AI teams to pick them up

If we can put depth charts back in, control subs better, and stop defensive anomalies, that would go a long way to fixing FOF8 in its current form.
(Although an offensive playbook generator based on preference selections similar to the preference draft at the start of the game would be great too!)

Rather than tweaks like the above however, what the game really needs to add is the ability to bring the game universe around your team to life.

Creating a home screen/in-game website that summares the weeks results, game reports, details of stat leaders, records broken, players of the week, playoff scenarios, rivalries, etc in a visually appealing format would be huge and reaaly draw you into the game world

Instead the player currently has to pull that information out of the game - most of what I mentioned is there, it just takes an effort to find it and is presented as cold hard stats, not in a way that makes you feel part of a living, breathing world.

Hopefully this is what the liaison with OOTP will add, for me anyway. Fingers crossed for all involved.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
As referred by Ben to another poster, reposting ideas/feature suggestions in this thread
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...6&postcount=14
I think you misread what I was saying, I said "I refer you to Markus's post..." Markus's post essentially said "don't bother with posting feature requests for at least two months."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus
Like I said in the announcement post, we'll be having more info in the coming months, specifically we're aiming for Draft Day to release more info and stuff like a preliminary feature list. Until then, we won't be monitoring this forum much for suggestions etc. so I suggest you save them for a later time.

Last edited by Ben E Lou; 02-23-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:17 PM   #9
AlexB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I think you misread what I was saying, I said "I refer you to Markus's post..." Markus's post essentially said "don't bother with posting feature requests for at least two months."
Doh, read your post, but didn’t read Markus’! My bad.

Last edited by AlexB; 02-23-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:10 PM   #10
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

The world is coming together, FOF at OOTP and now Ben moderating the forum. I am beginning to think life is good.

(Better known as "Nawlinsfan" on FOFC)
Old 02-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #11
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

thanks for the heads up Markus. Believe me I am looking forward to learning of what the preliminary features be around Draft day. Of which is late April. Most importantly thank you for not giving up on American Football.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:22 PM   #12
aslanking
Minors (Double A)

I'd be curious to get some thoughts from Ben on the original FOF game. I, like many others, (i imagine) were overwhelmed by the features in FOF but could not get past the DOS mechanics of the game to actually play.

when the news of the marriage between the two (OOTP and FOF) was announced, I thought i ought to go back and give FOF another chance. Downloaded demo and surrendered after 30 minutes of exasperation trying to navigate what can best be described as an excel spreadsheet disguised as a football game.

Having experienced the beauty that is OOTP, i'd love to hear from Ben what we can expect out of FOF once it gets the much needed facelift from the geniuses at OOTP.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:03 PM   #13
spartacus007
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslanking View Post
... what can best be described as an excel spreadsheet disguised as a football game.
Sounds like my kind of game!

I remember Front Office Football from college. I'm really excited the team is joining OOTP! Great idea.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:18 PM   #14
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

reading this thread is like a whose who of COoley's old massive college league.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:53 PM   #15
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed View Post
reading this thread is like a whose who of COoley's old massive college league.
TSW, yeah, man that was some time ago.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #16
Kobeck
Major Leagues

Congrats Ben & Jim & Markus,

amazing news. I will try and curb my enthusiasm for a couple of months
Old 03-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #17
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
TSW, yeah, man that was some time ago.