Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 08:41 AM   #1
Tusso
Minors (Double A)

!! New OOTP5 League !!

The WSBL is starting up. A 30 team league using real rosters, and real minor league rosters. The league is a draft. We are in need of Owners with OOTP5 ID's because there only a few spots left and we are still short with ID's. The league is looking for the most active GM's around. If your interested email me @ njtusso@yahoo.com

IM: Tusso4
Old 03-11-2003, 09:22 AM   #2
Old Man
Major Leagues

I would suggest people be careful handing out ID's to this league. It's leadership has a checkered past. If you can handle a commish that has multiple names, Aim names, and email's address: this may be the league for you. But it is not high on honesty or respect for GM's. Here are some interesting links:

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...threadid=26726

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...threadid=26445

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...threadid=25145

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...threadid=24975

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...threadid=24462

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"
-Mickey Lolich
Old 03-11-2003, 09:25 AM   #3
Tusso
Minors (Double A)

Haha Old Man got to cause trouble eh? Cant just midn you own business. Didnt your mamma ever teach you that if you dont got nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all. Do you enjoy looking up previous posts that I wrote? get a life man. No one asked you to join so dont go starting trouble that you know nothing about.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:27 AM   #4
Old Man
Major Leagues

This post was made by an administrator of this board and needs to be reposted here. Hope this is ok to post again Scott.

Scott Vibert
Administrator

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Dwolfson20
Responding to the person who asked about the IP logs: yes, the moderators can see them, but no, they probably won't "officially" tell us anything about what they find.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I can see the IP Logs, I can even see a handy list of every IP and server you've ever used on the board (a good way to cross reference aliases ).

You are also correct that our policy is to avoid being the board policy and to publicly "out" aliases barring extenuating circumstances. There are lots of people in this forum that have more than one alias, it wouldn't be fair to reveal one, without revealing the others and quite frankly I don't have the time to double check and cross reference everyone of our 4750 or so members to come up with a partially complete list of aliases (or suspected aliases). If there is something that warrants "outing" an alias publicly it will be done, but only under extenuating circumstances.

In this case the thread's starter is not technically doing anything wrong... he's trying to start a league. But the other contributors are not doing anything wrong in pointing out inconsistences in his story, and/or similarities to other members that may have a bit of a checkered past. That said, should this thread go too far off topic it will be moved or closed (like other threads in this forum).

For all prospective owners you need to be VERY cautious when turning over your Order IDs, if you have reason not to trust the commish then you should hold onto your ID until he builds that trust. In fact if you can not trust the commish, then you really should not join the league. Commishes who've caused problems in the past may not even get approved to join the OOTP server.

For all prospective commishes. If you really have no online league experience then I would STRONGLY advise you to actually participate in a league as an owner before trying to commish your first league. You are much more likely to be successful after you have some experience and an understanding of how online leagues function, and what does and does not work in keeping a league together.

2004 OOL Champions

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"
-Mickey Lolich
Old 03-11-2003, 09:30 AM   #5
Tusso
Minors (Double A)

Theres no point in that post. The post I wrote was to ask GM's to join the league, it would be a plus if you had the game because we are almost becoming full and still short GM's. I have online sim expierence and know what Im doing. Stop casuing trouble when there is nothing there to cause trouble about. It was a harmless post asking for GM's
Old 03-11-2003, 09:32 AM   #6
Wildcard88
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Commishes who've caused problems in the past may not even get approved to join the OOTP server.
That's the key quote.

Just because the owners give over their ID's does not mean that a league will get approved.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:33 AM   #7
Tusso
Minors (Double A)

Did I ever say I would get approved? I probably wont. Dont put words in my mouth. I never said I would be approved.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:34 AM   #8
Tusso
Minors (Double A)

Also, if you think im JLBAZE or whoever you think I am. Im asking Steve or one of the admins. to check the IP addys and tell everyone thr truth to tell everyone we are not the same people.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:36 AM   #9
Tusso
Minors (Double A)

You guys all have to go and start truble because of a harmless post asking for GM's to check out the site and see if there interested. Your making trouble out of a harmless thing.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:40 AM   #10
JL47_DB55
Bat Boy

Would you guys please stop harassing these people? I am pretty sure that everytime someone posts something you dont have to inform people everytime, lets keep these forums clean.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:40 AM   #11
Tusso
Minors (Double A)

Thank you JL47.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:44 AM   #12
JL47_DB55
Bat Boy

It just gets annoying that's all.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:08 AM   #13
Total Nirvana
All Star Reserve

other, explain

Your Off-Topic Nightmare.

Free Agent OT Player - Plays 1B/3B/OF, hits for power on all fields, great fielder, can hit .330 a season!
Old 03-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #14
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Wasn't the thread about "getting other GMs" asking them to "donate" their second ID so you could get space on the OOTP server?

I'm just curious.

-John

Old 03-11-2003, 03:34 PM   #15
Dagrims
Hall Of Famer

Old Man, thanks for posting those threads. This is like one of those 'Two-Minute Mysteries' that I read as a kid...except a little easier to solve.

Chris
Old 03-11-2003, 03:55 PM   #16
Hammer755
Hall Of Famer

You would think that when you directly rip a league's website design, you would at least break the link to their league file. But, then I guess you'd think wrong.

Last edited by Hammer755; 03-11-2003 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:06 PM   #17
Dagrims
Hall Of Famer

Hey, other than the link to the USBA's league file, only the Team Reports, Sim Schedule, Team of the Week, and Players of the Week sections are identical. Most likely a coincidence.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:09 PM   #18
Tusso
Minors (Double A)

Of course there identical, none of the links work. I copyed them all and just renamed them. But maybe thats a coincidence right? The first post was at 7:45 this morning and you guys have no life your still posting about it. Damn get a life, it doesnt concern you, if you dont want to join then you dont gotta post a million messages when you have no idea what your talking about.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:12 PM   #19
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Don't get mad at folks for pointing out that you're a damned cheater. It's our duty as members of this community to inform people of your wrong doing. If you don't like that, then quit bloody freakin' cheating!
Old 03-11-2003, 04:13 PM   #20
Tusso
Minors (Double A)

Cheating? Where am I cheating? Point that out for me. You dont know anything about me other then Im trying to get GM's. You really think by posting these messages I wont make a league and get people? Think again
Closed Thread