Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #41
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Still looking for a new Atlanta Braves GM. E-mail jlb.rangers@gmail.com to join one of the best online OOTP leagues!
splantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #42
Cape Cd
Bat Boy

Application sent.
Cape Cd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #43
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Due to a recent vacancy (GM's wife is having a baby) we have an opening in the league for the Chicago White Sox. Apply today!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #44
TonyFrancis
Minors (Double A)

What is your preferred team?
I would like to be the general manager of the Chicago White Sox.
Why do you want to play using this team?
I spent most of my life in the City of Chicago (although a Cubs fan), and like real general managers, you don't always end up getting a shot with your favorite team, you take the opportunity presented to you. I would like to take on the challenge of bringing a World Series to the South Side.
What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals?
I will have to examine the team more thoroughly, but on the surface, while they do not strike me as an old team, it is a team with a window to win. The system could use some retooling to continue to be competitive in the coming years.
What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience?
I have been playing OOTP since OOTP4 and been participating in online leagues for just as long. Can't believe I've been through 10 versions already!
Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB?
Realism. I like to treat it like it's real. I want to feel like a real general manager. I feel that's where the challenge is, and it's a challenge I want to take on.
TonyFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #45
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Due to a GM departure, we're looking for a GM to take on the following team(s):
  • Seattle Mariners (50-48)
    The Mariners are 14GB of the division, but are currently leading the 2nd Wildcard. The team has the 7th best farm system in the league, which is only 7 because the previous owner JUST called up the #1 Prospect in the league before departing.
Come join one of the most exciting and challenging leagues in OOTP! E-mail jlb.rangers@gmail.com or hit me up on these forums today!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #46
dreypdx
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What is your preferred team? I'm an Orioles fan at heart - but the Mariners are open and I love the Pacific Northwest (PDX!)
Why do you want to play using this team? I want to play with the Mariners so that I can get into this league! It sounds like just what I am looking for - REALISM! Plus - I'd love to play with King Felix
What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals? I want to win a World Series - of course! It won't be easy with the Mariners but I look forward to the challenge
What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience? I am a rookie online league GM - I have played many solo seasons with my beloved Orioles
Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB? It's all about REALISM and the reason I play this game is to meet like minded people, compete, strategize, and have fun!

I would love to be the Mariners- Thanks!
dreypdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #47
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Heading into the 2015 post-season and looking for 3 GMs due to the departure and/or disappearance of GMs.

The following teams are available:
  • Baltimore Orioles
    The Baltimore Orioles are on pace to finish 4th in the AL East. With some young talent in the majors and the 2nd best farm system in the league the future looks bright. If you like a small market project team the Orioles are for you!

• Cleveland Indians
    The Cleveland Indians have enjoyed some of the most inexplicable success in the 3 seasons of the JLB. The team has a fantastic core of hitters led by Billy Butler and Carlos Santana and is closing in on their 2nd division title in 3 seasons. If you like a mid-market team in a VERY competitive division, the Indians are right for you!

• Philadelphia Phillies
    The Phillies have turned it around. With a slew of offseason signings the previous GM took the team from last to first and are headed for their first division playoff run in JLB history. This team has big money but will be financially strapped for a little bit, but with some savvy management and the super-young core of players the Phillies could be a great team for you.
Apply here on this post, via PM on this forum or by e-mail at jlb.rangers@gmail.com
Old 04-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #48
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Still looking for someone to take on the Cleveland Indians!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #49
Mitchman11
Bat Boy

Sent you a PM
Mitchman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #50
Dutchy
Minors (Double A)

Location: The Hague (City of International Justice), The Netherlands.
Cool

I absolutely love this league. It's very active and it's usually very busy in the chatroom. It's definitely more active than I have experienced in other leagues.

The realism is that it's not as easy to wreck a perfectly good team with bad trades as it is in other leagues. It's not perfect but you'll like it better than leagues where GMs don't do anything to preserve a bit of sense in the trading. It always annoys me when a trade is bad and a good team is wrecked.

We're currently in 2016 and I would love new GMs to come in the league and fill in our remaining three spots Cleveland Indians, Seattle Mariners and Philadelphia Phillies. Seattle Mariners are a playoff team and so are the Philadelphia Phillies who only lost the WS. Cleveland can surprise as they have done very well the last few seasons.

We will transfer to OOTP14, when bugs have been patched.

You're most welcome!

Last edited by Dutchy; 04-23-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #51
Eddie420819
Bat Boy

Hey guys.. My name is Eddie. I'm one of the Commissioners of the league. Right now, we have openings for the following:

Philadelphia Phillies
Seattle Mariners

Both teams were in the postseason last year and are in need of the GM committed to taking them even deeper. We just started our 2016 season and would welcome anyone who wants to join!

You can reach me by email: eddiejhamilton87@gmail.com or AIM: radiocure6063
Eddie420819 is offline   Reply With Quote