Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 01-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

If I FIRE a player who has say 3 year contract....

Do I have to pay him max money for all 3 of those years? Or is there some sort of pro-rated deductions for the last 2 years and the time left on the year I fire him?
raginhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

If you release a player, you pay him all the money he is owed for the remainder of his contract.

You could try waiving him and see if another team picks him up.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

I don't think the amount is discounted, I think you pay full fare. But the in-season amount (if you dump him midseason) will be pro-rated for only the remaining pay for that year.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

Thanks guys! Nobody wants Hamilton at 37 for nearly $22,000,000 a year for the next 2 years. heh

Last edited by raginhood; 01-21-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raginhood View Post
Thanks guys! Nobody wants Hamilton at 37 for nearly $22,000,000 a year for the next 2 years. heh
Can't say I blame them too much

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
Rockeo
Major Leagues

I sort of had a similar situation. I had King Felix signed for a 7yrs and 22 per. He pitched well in the first 3 years and then in the fourth hurt his shoulder. He came back and I sent him for rehab and the 4 start he reinjured himself. I placed him on the 60 dl. Fast forward now to the next offseason. I forget that when I put him on the 60 dl, He comes off of my 40 man. So he was left unprotected in the rule 5 draft. He was selected 2 by the padres. Got me out of 22 per yr. The kicker, during that offseason, he retires because his shoulder never fully healed.
Rockeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Bear in mind, you owe the player only the guaranteed remainder of his contract. If you have a team option for the final year, you won't pay that. However, it there's a player option, then you WILL pay that bit, since the player has the final say on it.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
Bear in mind, you owe the player only the guaranteed remainder of his contract. If you have a team option for the final year, you won't pay that. However, it there's a player option, then you WILL pay that bit, since the player has the final say on it.
I know they normally wouldn't, but in real life is there anything to stop a player from waiving that? (ping: LGO)

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #9
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Oh KEWL cause the last two years ARE team options. So I can fire him now and just have to pay the remainder of this year?
Old 01-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raginhood View Post
Oh KEWL cause the last two years ARE team options. So I can fire him now and just have to pay the remainder of this year?
That should be correct.

ALSO... when you click to release a player, the game will ask if you're sure you want to add $X amount immediately to your payroll. So you should see it and be given a chance to accept or cancel.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #11
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
I know they normally wouldn't, but in real life is there anything to stop a player from waiving that? (ping: LGO)
With team option years there's often a buyout amount attached, such that if the team opts not to exercise the option the player will get the buyout payment. So that ought to be included as part of any termination cost.

As to player option years, I'd presume that in real life there are buyout amounts attached to that, or the player option year is considered guaranteed salary. (For what it's worth the CBA specifies player option and mutual option years as guaranteed years insofar as calculation of the luxury tax payroll is concerned.)
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #12
Molson
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

I've noticed you also are required to pay any years that have vesting options, even though the vesting criteria is not met. I believe this to be a bug, but I am not exactly sure how it would work in real life.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #13
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson View Post
I've noticed you also are required to pay any years that have vesting options, even though the vesting criteria is not met. I believe this to be a bug, but I am not exactly sure how it would work in real life.
I don't think it's a bug. OOTP is doing right. The onus is on the team to give that player a chance to complete that vesting option.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote