Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 08-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #21
vesuvius
Minors (Double A)

2. Extract the RandomLahman.zip file to a directory on your hard drive (C:\Lahman_Random\). It has to stay there for as long as you use the league (the league will pull rookies from it), and should only be used for this particular league (unless you want a 2nd league using this alternate universe).

Use the directory I provided above, or put it in whichever directory you want, so long as you can remember where you put it in order to point to it when importing the players.

Join the Computer Baseball League, one of the longest running OOTP leagues in history (OOTP5)!
http://www.thecblonline.com/cbl.php
vesuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #22
Athletics17
All Star Starter

Thanks, Vesuvius.
Athletics17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #23
Matty86
Major Leagues

Does this still work? I get an error when I try to load the historical league, it says the path is wrong or something, when I know it's correct...
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #24
Matty86
Major Leagues

Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #25
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Following the directions. Downloaded the Random Lahman DB, extracted it to a directory, started the league creation wizard. I set the start date to 2000 and the path to the Master.csv but when I hit next and the DB starts to load it fails and says: "Please make sure the year is between 1871 and 2008 or the path to the database is correct".

I've checked both, any suggestions?
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #26
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

OK, found a fix for my problem.....

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...tch-fails.html

I had to copy the uniform number CSV file to the Lahman_Randon directory and then it loaded.

Mark
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:01 AM   #27
outrider64
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Following the directions. Downloaded the Random Lahman DB, extracted it to a directory, started the league creation wizard. I set the start date to 2000 and the path to the Master.csv but when I hit next and the DB starts to load it fails and says: "Please make sure the year is between 1871 and 2008 or the path to the database is correct".
I've tried this database for OOTP 11 and I cannot get it to load. I keep getting the message as stated above. I copied the uniform number csv into the Random Lahman DB and followed all directions, but have had no luck.
It works great in OOTP 10.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

Last edited by outrider64; 05-06-2010 at 03:04 AM.
outrider64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #28
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The CSV files have had many field additions and location moves in the last few iterations, both from Lahman and OOTP. I seriously sorta kinda doubt this random thingee will work without being updated to the new file structures.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:55 AM   #29
outrider64
Major Leagues

Thanks Spritze.
outrider64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #30
vesuvius
Minors (Double A)

Yes,

The original instructions work with OOTP9 only.

The change to include the uniforms data mentioned later in the thread will make it work with OOTP10.

It is not going to work with OOTP11 until someone figures a modification to allow it (I don't plan on doing this).

Enjoy.

Join the Computer Baseball League, one of the longest running OOTP leagues in history (OOTP5)!
http://www.thecblonline.com/cbl.php
vesuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #31
beardyian
Bat Boy

im new to this having only played the normal set-up before, but i too have found it plays in OOTP 9, which as far as i can tell at the moment is ok .
beardyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #32
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
just posting in here so i can see when this gets updated i would really love to have
Harold Baines, Lance Johnson & Shoeless Joe Jackson patroling the OF of US Suckie Field
and an IF of Frank Chance, Rogers Hornsby, Robin Ventura & Ozzie Guillen, but not all coming in in the same yr like some of the ALL time leagues with Gibson Catching.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #33
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Well, even though I never did receive any reply to my questions or comments, I still have to say that this is a fun alternative use of OOTP. Kind of a hybrid between historic and fantasy play.

I've tweaked the modifiers with each new game I've tried. I find walks are a little high with the suggested modifications, and HRs seem a little low. I wish I had the means and knowledge to reshuffle the database, but I still find it a great deal of fun. The one thing I'd warn people wanting to do this is I have consistently had a problem when I went to a different game then tried to revisit one of the games I created using the Randomizer. Every time I get a corrupt database when I do this. So this time around I will play it I guess until I'm sick of it!

I had Ben Sheets hurl my first no hitter EVER last season. Since this is somewhat of an all-star league in some respects, his efforts were particularly noteworthy.
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:35 PM   #34
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

The code referenced will not work accurately with the new versions (X or 11) of OOTP because of additional columns in the OOTP cvs files since this program was developed. I have produced some random startups for folks, but at the moment these will not work on 11 using neutralized stats due to the on-going bugs. The latest patch "may" be adequate if you are willing to live with issues on the season 1 players that are drafted. I haven't had time to run lots of tests, but it is not clear if re-calc will work with the initial players. Those coming in season 2 and after appear that they will function as designed.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:30 AM   #35
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

So does it work properly now with OOTP11 since the beta patch 4 released?

BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #36
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

The referenced utility will not work with X or 11. However, I expect random DB to work with the new patch. I will be running tests with the beta version.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #37
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Okay, this problem has now happened more times than I can count. I'm sure there is something checked that should be unchecked or vice versa. But I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

I'm using the Lahman random DB provided in this thread. I have an initial draft with only historical players. I play the entire season one, go through the off-season, and then, when the year two draft is revealed, it is loaded with fictional players.

1) What am I doing wrong? Automatically Import Historical Rookies is checked. The RandomLahman db hasn't budged from where I first extracted it.

2) Is there any fix once I've done this, or do I need to start my league over yet again?

I am using OOTP 10 on a Mac, if this makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for the help. I've wasted untold hours trying to figure out what I've done wrong, scrapping and restarting leagues each time I think I've fixed the problem.
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #38
Terpripken
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMatt View Post
Okay, this problem has now happened more times than I can count. I'm sure there is something checked that should be unchecked or vice versa. But I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

I'm using the Lahman random DB provided in this thread. I have an initial draft with only historical players. I play the entire season one, go through the off-season, and then, when the year two draft is revealed, it is loaded with fictional players.

1) What am I doing wrong? Automatically Import Historical Rookies is checked. The RandomLahman db hasn't budged from where I first extracted it.

2) Is there any fix once I've done this, or do I need to start my league over yet again?

I am using OOTP 10 on a Mac, if this makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for the help. I've wasted untold hours trying to figure out what I've done wrong, scrapping and restarting leagues each time I think I've fixed the problem.
I had this issue as well. I then kept the draft debut at initial set-up of June 15th, and since then have had no issues with subsequent draft classes. For some reason changing the draft date to March 1st was only working for the 1st amateur draft and not other years.
Terpripken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #39
Terpripken
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolduke View Post
The referenced utility will not work with X or 11. However, I expect random DB to work with the new patch. I will be running tests with the beta version.

Just curious if your tests worked. I'd be VERY interested in a Random Debut database for OOTP11 if it is possible.
Terpripken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #40
jonpfl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpripken View Post
Just curious if your tests worked. I'd be VERY interested in a Random Debut database for OOTP11 if it is possible.
Does this work for 12?

Thx
jonpfl
jonpfl is offline   Reply With Quote