Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 12-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #381
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by discodude5 View Post
I thought IRS% was the % the IRS screwed you...but I could be wrong.
26A. How much money did you make last year?

26B. Send it all in.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:05 PM   #382
Seviien
All Star Reserve

I heard that's how Hillary wants to rewrite the form...
Seviien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:17 AM   #383
Brian the Stunt Bum
Minors (Double A)

So what do we do if it doesn't except our 2007 order ID as a coupon? I tried a couple times recently but it tells me it isn't valid. Obviously it is valid because it's the order ID I am using to run 2007 every day.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:29 AM   #384
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
OOTP 9 comes out Spring 2008. It is undergoing development at this moment. It should add approximately a few new features and a billion new options, all of which will be debated loudly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
Here comes the noise!
Hey do you happen to have some numbers I can use for the lottery this week?
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #385
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
26A. How much money did you make last year?

26B. Send it all in.
I think you missed out clause 26C that says if you donated to any politician last year, you get to keep all your money and pick three things you'd like to be made law.
Bonedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:29 PM   #386
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian the Stunt Bum View Post
So what do we do if it doesn't except our 2007 order ID as a coupon? I tried a couple times recently but it tells me it isn't valid. Obviously it is valid because it's the order ID I am using to run 2007 every day.
Are you opening the receipt.txt file and doing a copy and paste?
Old 01-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #387
Brian the Stunt Bum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Are you opening the receipt.txt file and doing a copy and paste?
Yes, that's exactly what I did.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #388
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Free Bibs!
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #389
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed View Post
Hey do you happen to have some numbers I can use for the lottery this week?
Signs point to yes.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #390
rutri01
All Star Reserve

Hello Mark,

I'm a mac 2007 user and would like to upgrade to 2008 version. Could you please send me the email for the discount procedures. I lost/accidentally deleted the email a few months ago. Please resend the mac upgrade discount to email: ski0625@yahoo.com or rutri01@yahoo.com. I have both pc and mac version but I would like to upgrade the mac version to 2008. Thanks!
rutri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #391
rutri01
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We are proud to announce our first independent release in 3 years, Out of the Park Baseball 8.0!

The game is 100% compatible with OOTP 2007, including online league play. It adds the following features:We are planning to officially release the game once the new Lahman database is available, so this is basically an unofficial forum release. The official release will have the same game version, so there is no need to wait for it. The only difference will be the Lahman database, which you will be able to download as well from www.baseball1.com once it is available!

List of Fixes
Here's the list of fixes that appear in OOTP 8. There aren't that many!

*Players claimed off waivers in online leagues are now placed in DFA, not the active roster
*Players from deleted feeder leagues no longer show up in the draft pool
*expansion protection lists for online leagues now included in exports
*rare crashes tied into coaching model resolved
*fixed some contract negotiation issues where players over-valued themselves
*improved double-switch AI

Download
The game costs $19.99, or 19.99 Euros for people outside of the U.S. and Canada, and can be downloaded here:
http://ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/ootp8setup.exe (PC)

The demo version of the game can be downloaded here:
http://ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/ootp8demosetup.exe (PC)

The Mac version is a try-and-buy version and the link to the setup file is:
http://ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/ootp8macsetup.zip (Mac)

All files are updated to 8.0.0.12 and contain the latest Lahman database version 5.5!

Attention OOTP 2007 owners: Use your OOTP 2007 order ID as coupon code to get a discount of 13 USD/EUR on the purchase! Just open the webstore, add OOTP 8 to your cart, click on "I have a discount coupon for this product" and enter the OOTP 2007 order ID.
You can find your OOTP 2007 order ID in the file receipt.txt which is in the OOTP program directory (or click on "Unlicense OOTP 2007" in the MS Windows start menu and copy the order ID from the text box - but you don't need to unlicense the game!).
We've already sent a discount coupon code to all OOTP 2007 Mac owners. Please let us know in case you didn't receive that email. In that case I will need the email address which you've used when buying OOTP 2007.

Enjoy!
Markus Heinsohn
Hello Mark,

I'm a mac 2007 user and would like to upgrade to 2008 version. Could you please send me the email for the discount procedures. I lost/accidentally deleted the email a few months ago. Please resend the mac upgrade discount to email: ski0625@yahoo.com or rutri01@yahoo.com. I have both pc and mac version but I would like to upgrade the mac version to 2008. Thanks!
rutri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #392
Who Killed Kenny?
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutri01 View Post
Hello Mark,

The order id should appear on your screen after you load the game. I don't have the game in front of me so I can't say where exactly.
Who Killed Kenny? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:51 AM   #393
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutri01 View Post
Hello Mark,

rutri01, I've sent that email to both of your email addresses again yesterday. If you didn't receive it, it's probably in your SPAM blocker. I'll sent you a PM now as well.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:51 AM   #394
Spanky
Major Leagues

Ootp 2008

Hi Markus,

I'm back for another OOTP baseball season. The program looks great! I see I have much to catch up upon. Any suggestions as to where to start reading. While I did play some of your 2007 version, I was not really up to speed on all the changes. Do you have any suggestions as to where I should start reading so as to better catch up with version 2008?

Always "thanks" for your love of the game!

Spanky
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #395
TonyCWalters
Bat Boy

Im Lost

guys i just got a new computer and my other computer was stolen and im trying to convert my leagues oopt7 file to oopt8 . i have Windows vista and imlost is there anyone out there that i can help from? i would probally need step by step im new to this stuff
TonyCWalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #396
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCWalters View Post
guys i just got a new computer and my other computer was stolen and im trying to convert my leagues oopt7 file to oopt8 . i have Windows vista and imlost is there anyone out there that i can help from? i would probally need step by step im new to this stuff
Same answer as the other thread where you posted.

If your "OOPT7" = OOTP 2007, there should be no problems according to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We are proud to announce our first independent release in 3 years, Out of the Park Baseball 8.0!

The game is 100% compatible with OOTP 2007, including online league play.
This is from the first post in this thread.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #397
MidnightPyro
Minors (Triple A)

Is this deal still going on? It tells me my coupon code (my license#) is expired. Is it just worth waiting for OOTP9 at this point?

MidnightPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #398
czar21
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightPyro View Post
Is this deal still going on? It tells me my coupon code (my license#) is expired. Is it just worth waiting for OOTP9 at this point?
Ditto.
czar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:16 AM   #399
yajeflow
Minors (Double A)

i run the rude island baseball congregation. we are all on OOTP 2007, with the final patch (2.0.3.68).

we are bringing in a new owner for the manhattan cocktails, and he is on a mac. i would just like to verify that a new downloaded version of the mac program for OOTP 8 will work within our league structure. if not, is there a way to perhaps download an older version so it will work?

thanks, guys.
yajeflow is offline   Reply With Quote