Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 05:11 PM   #41
APujols5
Banned

Infractions: 1/3 (3)
that does vary, some teams do use numbers between the 10's
APujols5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:47 PM   #42
jetking
Minors (Double A)

I love the idea of a 20-80 that just uses the 5s b/w the round numbers. But when I see OOTP rate someone as a 63 or 39 or whatever I just get itchy.

Hence my preference for 2-8. With as much rain as we've been getting in Austin and the correlated bump in mosquitos, I can use as much less itch as I can get.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #43
Matty86
Major Leagues

either is fine with me... I'll say 2-8 just for the sake of choosing..
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:12 PM   #44
rhombus46
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Interested

I am new to OOTP2007 but familiar with the series. Up until now I've played only against the computer but would be interested in joining an online league. I would like to be the Cleveland Indians GM. I think the rules you guys are talking about sound really good and I am ok with starting either 2006 or 07
rhombus46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:43 PM   #45
indianadelp
Bat Boy

hello from so-cal

I'd like to throw my cap into the ring. Solid start from what I have read so far. I am a newbie to ootp, but gotta say this game is a dream come true. Lamenting the loss of MVP on my PC is over. I request the small market Padres if no takers yet.

Just to be clear, as a newbie you can count on me to RTFM and be a reliable GM within the league. A 500 page manual cannot stop me from positioning the Padres as a perennial powerhouse in the NL west.
As long as we beat the Dodgers, it will be a good year.
indianadelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:43 PM   #46
badger_9
Bat Boy

I'm in

Would love to take part in this league. Would like to have the Mets, if not I would be interested in the home towm Blue Jays.
badger_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:31 PM   #47
Matty86
Major Leagues

The Mets are yours Badger, the rest of you have been added to the list in Mike's first post in the thread.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:56 PM   #48
ku_mpa04
Bat Boy

To me, the fewer actual ratings for performance the better. I would say 1-10 at most. I've never understood the 2-8 thing that much. I mean, who ever says in conversation, "Well, on a scale of 2 to 8..."

I think it would be fun to go without ratings at all, except maybe for potential. But, that is probably a hard sell.
ku_mpa04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:57 PM   #49
changewand
Minors (Single A)

I was just thinking about trying to find a league EXACTLY like this a couple of days ago. I'd love to take Oakland, if I may - my AIM name is thissvcsux.
changewand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #50
Matty86
Major Leagues

Just a quick update before I head out to work. Our web space has been set up, I'll post the link either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. Just have to finalize a few things. We have some of the rules written and have almost decided on our roster situation. Everyone keep an eye on this thread for the next day or 2 and we will be starting a new thread looking for more GMs as soon as the website is ready to go live.

-Matt
Old 08-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #51
thompsw8
All Star Reserve

Join

I think it is a good idea to be just the Gm and hire the coach that best fits your needs. I think we need a system in place where if you hire a manager you don't fire them every month or so because you are losing. I think if you sign him to a deal at the beginning of the season you have to keep them for at least 1 year but if it is a mid year signing you can fire them at the end of the season. That way we don't have continually firing's and hirings. I also think that we should get part of there pay deducted out of the budget. That is the best idea in my opinion. I have commished a few leagues in OOTP6. I would like the Texas Rangers
thompsw8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #52
okcyankee
Minors (Triple A)

Hey Mike, if Yanks are available I would like to try the league. Can you let me know? Aim is okcyank47
Thx

okcyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #53
Matty86
Major Leagues

You guys have the Rangers and Yanks respectively. Here is the GM list so far, I'm sure Mike will edit the original once he's on.

TEAMS
Boston - Matty86
Chicago N - UtahCubs
Cleveland - Rhombus46
Kansas City - Ku_mpa04
Minnesota - Klew1986
New York A - okcyankee
New York N - badger_9
Oakland - changewand
San Diego - indianadelp
Seattle - Jetking
St. Louis - APujols5
Texas - thompsw8

Last edited by Matty86; 08-01-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #54
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Just to let everyone know for sure, after talking it over with Matty (who has been a huge help in discussing and setting up the league etc.), we are going to be using a roster set current as of opening day 2006. The roster itself is extremely accurate and we believe this will be the speediest way to get the league started while still maintaining a complete roster which will endure a long-lasting and well-balanced league.

We thought it would be appropriate to let everyone in the league know for sure and others thinking of signing up.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #55
APujols5
Banned

Which 06 rosters are you usning?
Old 08-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #56
UtahCubs
Bat Boy

Hi, I just started playing online leagues a few weeks ago and would be interested in joining as the Cubs GM, if they are open. I am very active and as far as ratings, I like 1-10 because 2-8 just seems weird.
UtahCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #57
APujols5
Banned

After talking to Matty, I think I am gonna have to step aside here/

No offense to erich because he is a friend of mine, but the development in his 06 set is so F'ed up it's not going to be anywhere close to realistic. I was in a league already using the set. Players over 30 become basically useless by the time the first season is near ending and Rookies will take over the entire league/

So unless you've completely torn up the develpment ratings and tested them out tons, thanks but no thanks for me.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #58
Matty86
Major Leagues

Like I said in talking to you, we will be running test runs and some adjustments have been made to the set. If you change your mind let us know, or like I said, we have not completely ruled out your set if it is still being offered to us after testing is done with the 2006 set.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #59
APujols5
Banned

All I can say is have fun testing the develpment. It took me about 700 seasons to find the right numbers for my ratings. I'd offer some sugguestions but wouldnt know where to start since the ratigns are done completely different
Old 08-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #60
okcyankee
Minors (Triple A)

I am joining AP on this one. I don't want to join a 2006 set league. Thx anyway for letting me in, but I have to skip on this one.

okcyankee is offline   Reply With Quote