Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 07-30-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Who wants to start a REALISTIC MLB league?

I'm all for helping out but simply will not have the time to run it. I'd love to help set it up though to ensure the best options are choosen as a core beginning. I'd like this league to be as realistic when compared to MLB as possible. 2-8 ratings, scouts and coaches on, waivers, Rule 5, etc.

I was thinking of either using Cubby's 2007 roster (and editing the player #'s puke) or using a great Rolen roster from 2006 and starting with the 2006 season.

If we can drum up the interest, I'm down. Hell, I know we can drum up the interest because everyone is dying for a good MLB 2007 league using OOTP.

Let's start by discussing the options for a new league. What should we do and what shouldn't we do? We could also start taking names and teams????? How about, you'll get a team reserved if you supply some GOOD feedback to help make this a top-notch league.

TEAMS
Boston - Matty86
Chicago N - Utahcubs
Cleveland - Rhombus46
Kansas City - Ku_mpa04
Milwaukee - WestrayKnight
Minnesota - Klew1986
New York N - badger_9
Oakland - changewand
Philadelphia - Hammerdog
San Diego - indianadelp
Seattle - Jetking
Texas - thompsw8

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 08-02-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
APujols5
Banned

Infractions: 1/3 (3)
I'd be interested in joining a league and controlling my Cardinals, Sometimes it's hard to get into an existing league because of all the weird moves that have been made by previous GMs.

I would be willing to offer up my soon to be completed roster and Player Photo mods.

But I wouldn't want a league that moves insanely fast
APujols5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by APujols5 View Post
I'd be interested in joining a league and controlling my Cardinals, Sometimes it's hard to get into an existing league because of all the weird moves that have been made by previous GMs.

I would be willing to offer up my soon to be completed roster and Player Photo mods.

But I wouldn't want a league that moves insanely fast
Wow, I'm on the same page as you. It is VERY hard to get into a league for me unless it's from the ground up. I'm commished numerous leagues but now with a full-time job, no way. I've always enjoyed the leagues in which I've been in since ground zero the most.

What is your roster file going to comprise? By that I mean, MLB with full minors? Will it have history? Accurate birthplaces, nations, and player #'s? I really want to make sure we have a complete roster without anything missing or out of place.

I also would like a nice pacing for the league. I've had to quit some awesome leagues because I've been too busy at work. Hell, I'd even go to something like two sims per week with as little as 7-10 days per sim. I don't want to go too fast that you do not get a feel for the current season. I think that is important.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
APujols5
Banned

I am aiming for releasing my first roster within a couple days of the Aug 15 signing deadline for players in the first year draft. I haven't really worried about player numbers yet, but I don't see that being a big deal to fix, a day at most. Yes it will have full minors, I am currently going through and doing the DOBs, POBs and the things like that currently. Then I have to plug my ratings in. I wanted to include correct service times and stuff to make the Rule V draft work accurately. But I realizing that it's going to take me at least a month to finish those because I can't commit more than a couple hours a day towards it. And it will end up taking about a day per team to finish that. But it's somehting that could be included into the league roster by the time we'd get to the Rule V draft hopefully. Personally I'd prfer simming 5-6 days at a time twice a week. That way the league stays real as long as possible.with the resources I have for my roster making, I could pretty easily keep real draft classes in the league file at that pace.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Cool. We could always use the 2006 roster which has everything accurate. Does Cubby's roster have accurate service time etc? I'm not trying to steer away from your rosters but I also do not want to slow down the league you know?
Old 07-30-2007, 04:39 PM   #6
APujols5
Banned

I don't think there';s been a roster for 2006 or 2007 with service times correct. That's why it's such a huge thing that I want to add. It's horribly time consuming to add in. You really are looking at almost a day per team if you only have a couple hours to use.

I would say we'd be 100% fine using the first draft of my roster. Because it would take a good chunk of the 2 weeks in which i plan on finishing them, to recruit, develop a site and get ready to start. We just have to make sure whoever is going to sim is dependable and then we'd have a good leadership core. Because I could continually improve the quality of the league file with additions that i plan on including into my rosters and you and whoever else would have a leadership role could concentrate on running sims and recruiting. I would also be willing to help with some rules and stuff/
Old 07-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #7
Matty86
Major Leagues

hey guys I would love to get in on a league if one is being started up.. I'd like the RedSox.. I can never find a ground level league to join and get my home team...

I would be willing to help run it.. I could do the simming, but I'm not much for making a site or writing up league rules... if someone else could build a site (I could handle uploading files ect... I havn't taken part in running any leagues in ootp2007, but did co-commish a few back in ootp5 I believe it was...) If it sounds like something you guys want to do maybe the three of us or anyone else could talk in a chatroom and lay some things out and set a foundation...

Let me know if you'd like my help, like I said I'm willing to do the sims, just might need a little guidance at the start and help with the site. My AIM sn is LobsterKillahJea.

If you don't want my help, I'd still love the BoSox whenever you get things off the ground!
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:13 PM   #8
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

One idea that has always intrigued me, although I've never seen it used in an ONLINE league, is to only let the human GMs control the GM aspects. We would let, for example, the managers, set the lineups etc with the players we provide at the MLB level.

This could be upheld by using AUTO lineups for all teams before each sim? Might be annoying to do that to prevent people from trying to abuse it etc. Just a thought.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #9
APujols5
Banned

I think we just need to find someone that's really good at HTML and then the 4 of us would be good to go. or maybe add in a 5th and have that person as a second simmer. that way the workload is light on everyone
Old 07-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #10
APujols5
Banned

Mike,

I would rather be GM/Manager personally
Old 07-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #11
AMfanatic
Minors (Double A)

That idea probably wouldn't work, because it wouldn't be even at the start becuase each manager's rating is different. Also, the computer may not make the best decisions.
AMfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #12
Dbobola22
Minors (Triple A)

Mike if your online, IM me at Dbobola22 I would like to talk to you about a few things.
Dbobola22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #13
APujols5
Banned

My Aim is Jasonbcaruso2570 since everyone seems to be leaving their's
Old 07-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #14
AMfanatic
Minors (Double A)

Lildmack455 is my s/n
AMfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:56 PM   #15
Matty86
Major Leagues

Maybe we could set a time when the bunch of us could meet on AIM and try to start planning? I'm available any time tonight... and tomorrow up until 5PM eastern and after 11PM eastern... I have football practice and a film session tomorrow evening.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #16
APujols5
Banned

Do we have anyone that's good at HTML and site building among us yet?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #17
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

I have sotfball tonight and wont be home till late. I'll likely be hanging out with my fiance' after that.

I'm down for chatting online though, I have AIM but I don't even know if it's installed. My name is Vic Duefelstein on AIM.

Any other time is fine...I'm a teacher and am not very busy this time a year ;-)
Old 07-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #18
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

I CAN build a site and have before, but I'd rather not because I wont be maintaining it and I'm sure the person working on it has their own wants/needs.

I DO think it is important to have something presentable. No bush league website lol.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #19
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=AMfanatic;2272092]That idea probably wouldn't work, because it wouldn't be even at the start becuase each manager's rating is different.QUOTE]

That's the beauty of it! Fire his a**!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:48 PM   #20
Matty86
Major Leagues

I have noticed a few guys on here (regulars I believe) who have OOTP site providers that have templates and just about everything we would need I think... not sure if they are customizable and how easy it is...

F.Montoya runs the site.... http://www.allsimbaseball.com

From what I can tell it's only $7 a month if it is something you guys wanted to consider..

Last edited by Matty86; 07-30-2007 at 07:51 PM.