Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 06-09-2007, 06:58 AM   #1
giornaliere
Major Leagues

The One, the Only...Promotion / Relegation League

[edit]

Last edited by giornaliere; 04-30-2009 at 09:48 AM.
giornaliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
Gator
Minors (Double A)

This is a truely outstanding league operated by a top notch Comish who is totally committed to OOTP excellence. The GM pool is populated by some very energetic and active owners. The relegation/promotion theme creates great drama. This league just gets better every year.
Baseball will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism. Tend to relieve us from being a nervous, dyspeptic set, Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us.
Walt Whitman
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #3
patrick_richards1
Minors (Single A)

WBH baby!!!!

Last edited by patrick_richards1; 02-25-2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: To add pictures into post
patrick_richards1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #4
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

If you are looking for an online league you may as well stop now because this is it! I was an absolute noob to both the game and online leagues, and I just can't say enough good things about the WBH. The commish has been extremely helpful answering all my questions (I've had a lot), and the league runs like a clock. There has never been a sim that was missed or delayed.

The promotion/relegation aspect keeps everyone competing all season long. At our recent trade deadline we had a GM pick up two SP for the stretch run despite being 10 games out of first because he didn't want to get relegated. At the deadline, we had more than A DOZEN trades...and that's just on the day itself. Deals came in right up until the last minute.

Anyways, this leagues kicks rear.
spider_monkey_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

I believe we are still looking for at least 1 immediate owner for the Nagasaki Blues. This league really is the best around. It is incredibly active with guys posting team/player/league stories on the forum daily, and I am even working with 9 other members on initiated "GM Awards" for next season.

Come on down! You won't be disappointed.
spider_monkey_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
Deftones2003
Minors (Double A)

Much like the other guys have said...This league is top notch and with a commish that is dedicated to it succeeding has to tell you how much time he invests into the league. We are growing and will be looking for new GM's in the near future. Come and join and reserve your spot now.. You won't be disappointed. If you're a noob to the OOTP game and online league world, this is the place for you. You'll have a lot of fun playing and learning the game.
Deftones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #7
osbug
Bat Boy

Wbh

Gotta agree with everyone so far. This league is really fun, and it is only getting better as we get more teams active. Relegation and Promotion make it exciting through every season. J does a great job and he has put in a lot of work to make this such a great league.
osbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:11 AM   #8
btop
Bat Boy

This is a fantastic league... extremely well run, highly active teams and a great promotion/relegation structure. I've been a solo OOTP player for awhile and joined this as my first online league -- and it has been a lot of fun. Highly recommend it!
btop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:38 PM   #9
jayharvill
Minors (Single A)

I have a question about the original setup of this league---were the subleagues created at 100% modifiers or less than that?
jayharvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #10
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayharvill View Post
I have a question about the original setup of this league---were the subleagues created at 100% modifiers or less than that?
The defaults were used so all the Major Leagues are set at 100% and all the minor leagues are set at less than that, but equal across leagues. Such as the United States AAA League has the same modifiers as the South Korea AAA League.

Last edited by giornaliere; 06-18-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:54 PM   #11
Gator
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayharvill View Post
I have to say that this is one of the great aspects of our league, there is an absolute even playing field between teams, so over time a good GM should enjoy success.
Baseball will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism. Tend to relieve us from being a nervous, dyspeptic set, Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us.
Walt Whitman
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:56 AM   #12
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Hey peeps,

Our third season is just winding down so we are gearing up to add two new leagues to the Hierarchy in a couple of weeks. The Canada League is full but there are still spots available in the Venezuela League. Note...they will be Inaugural Drafts not Expansion Drafts, they are new leagues with new players. So if you are interested, please fill out the JOIN form with the Venezuelan city of your choice but make sure to check the HIERARCHY to see which cities are unavailable.

Thanks for your time,
-j
Old 06-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #13
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

Talking I've joined - where are You?

I've just joined the about-to-be-formed Venezuelan League.
Only three openings left!!
Come on in! You get to pick your city, your nickname, and your logo.

Barquisimeto Obeliscos
Venezuelan Baseball League
World Baseball Hierarchy

Last edited by kcroyalgm; 06-21-2007 at 05:54 PM.
kcroyalgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:40 AM   #14
mddst34
Bat Boy

This is the most fun I have ever had in an online league. The set-up is truly unique, much like European football leagues where your performance can earn you a trip to a higher league. The commish is awesome and knows exactly what he is doing and is willing to help anyone out that feels a bit 'nervous' about playing in an online league.

So, if you want to give an online league a chance, this is the league for you.

Thanks.
mddst34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #15
Wot the Devil?
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If your new to OOTP and a bit hesitant about joining a league like I was, then this is the league for you. The help I had from the commish was second to none. No question was too big, little or stupid (and there were quite a few of those) for him to answer and the rest of the guys in the league were just as helpful. I highly recommend this league to rookies and veterans alike.
Wot the Devil? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #16
mkjhartmann
Minors (Single A)

This is an incredibly well run league. All the stuff occurs on time, the boards are active, the owners seem to be involved, and best of all I like the promotion/relegation.

Makes the entire season a nail biter; when you are not a contender then you might be in danger of relegation which makes you manage even harder.

Check this league out. This is what OOTP online was built for!

Mike
mkjhartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #17
thatsnotgross
Bat Boy

Hi I just apply hopefully I can get a chance to be a GM in your league
thatsnotgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #18
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

One opening left in Venezuela!
Hurry Hurry Hurry !

Cheers
Joe
Barquisimeto Obeliscos
kcroyalgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #19
Subzero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I will take the team.
Subzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:52 PM   #20
giornaliere
Major Leagues

To those who have applied but haven't received an email response yet...please send me a PM or find me via AIM (giornaliereiliv)

Thanks,
-j

Last edited by giornaliere; 06-29-2007 at 05:57 PM.