Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 09-02-2006, 01:04 AM   #1
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Anderson Utilities - AUReports

This program started as a special request and is starting to turn into quite a program.

The concept was a program to run at the season end, which will allow you to print a page showing a special team report. One thing lead to another, and before I knew it, I had a very interesting program here.

I still have not got around to doing the print to printer part, but it is a neat program to run and look at your team.

http://www.planetootp.com/AUReports/publish.htm

The design of the program is to run it in December for a wrap up after the free agency, etc. But, it can be ran at anytime with no problems. The data displayed may be silly if ran at certain times. For instance, if you run in on May 5th, there just is not enough season data to be useful, but it is still a nice way to view the history.

The program is pretty fast, but it will bog down a little if the league is 40+ seasons old. This is because it has to load in every single player's career stats. I think I have devised a method to avoid this, but I have to implemented it yet.

What is left to do:

I have to add the pitcher's stats and also the rookie's stats. I also want to add some other miscellanous stats. And of course, the print out page.

NOTE: If you switch leagues while in the program, click on FILE and RESTART for best results. I seem to have a problem if you switch leagues and try to run it.

Here is a nice screen shot of it so far. Note that you can click on any of the radio buttons on the left and the display on the right will change.
Attached Images
Old 09-02-2006, 04:49 AM   #2
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

This is really going to be great. I notice that you now have the exact status of how you finished in which round of the playoffs, unlike what the manager history is able to correctly capture in the game itself.

Do you believe it will be possible to show a one-line summary of each post-season game through the eyes of our team: W 2-1 (game score) SP Nolan 8.0-4H-1ER-2BB-8K; Rose 2H, 2RBI; Player of Game: Nolan?

Also, can you tweak the winning percentage and games behind to display without the extra leading zero?

Is there any way to display a line of basic stats under the best pitcher, batter, rookie pitchers rather than clicking the link -- I would want something that will print.

Excellent start to a badly needed game feature.

I'm downloaded your latest version: I'm learning more about my team than I do in the game because each one of the reports that gives you these details is scattered in so many different places -- even places that I forgot to look.

One observation: If the accomplishment list gets too large and pushes the prinout too long, I would opt to de-select Player of the Week news, but save Player of the Month. There may be too many entries.

Last edited by rasnell; 09-02-2006 at 04:58 AM.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:03 AM   #3
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasnell
This is really going to be great. I notice that you now have the exact status of how you finished in which round of the playoffs, unlike what the manager history is able to correctly capture in the game itself.

Yeah, that was a tough one to write. I have not tested in on bizarre league setups, but in princible it should work.

Do you believe it will be possible to show a one-line summary of each post-season game through the eyes of our team: W 2-1 (game score) SP Nolan 8.0-4H-1ER-2BB-8K; Rose 2H, 2RBI; Player of Game: Nolan?

Possible, but two problems. One, the box scores do not show if they are a championship game, world series or a regular season game. Two, you can tell the game not to save the box scores.

But, I know when the season ends, so that will help. I will have to investigate this.

Also, can you tweak the winning percentage and games behind to display without the extra leading zero?

Oh yea, no problem. The tweaking is done when all is said and done.

Is there any way to display a line of basic stats under the best pitcher, batter, rookie pitchers rather than clicking the link -- I would want something that will print.

I already have the hitters stats displayed. I have to write the pitching routine and the rookie routine. The rookie routine is actually the same as the other two, just have to look and see if the rookie was a hitter or a pitcher first.

Trouble here is that it is fast and easy on leagues that are young, but in 50+ season leagues, I basically have to load in a ton of stats, so it slows it down quite a bit. However, if you see my index thread, I am working out something now.

Excellent start to a badly needed game feature.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #4
kagnew35
All Star Starter

error

getting message improperly formatted, cannot install????

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #5
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Use IE to install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagnew35
getting message improperly formatted, cannot install????
Old 09-03-2006, 11:44 AM   #6
kagnew35
All Star Starter

I used IE and got following

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50215.44
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)
dfdll.dll : 8.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)
dfshim.dll : 2.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)
SOURCES
Deployment url : http://www.planetootp.com/AUReports/...ts.application
ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://www.planetootp.com/AUReports/...ts.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception reading manifest from http://www.planetootp.com/AUReports/...ts.application: the manifest could be invalid or the file could not be opened.
+ The element 'assembly' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' has invalid child element 'publisherIdentity' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2'. Expected 'dependency' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' as well as 'dependency' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2' as well as 'file' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' as well as 'file, configuration, deployment, entryPoint, trustInfo, licensing, migration' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2' as well as 'clrClass' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' as well as 'clrClass' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2' as well as 'clrSurrogate' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' as well as 'clrSurrogate' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2' as well as 'comInterfaceExternalProxyStub' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' as well as 'comInterfaceExternalProxyStub, KeyInfo' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2' as well as 'Signature' in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#' as well as any element in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3'.
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.
WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [03 Sep 2006 08:42:45 -07:00] : Activation of http://www.planetootp.com/AUReports/...ts.application has started.
ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [03 Sep 2006 08:42:52 -07:00] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentExc eption (ManifestParse)
- Exception reading manifest from http://www.planetootp.com/AUReports/...ts.application: the manifest could be invalid or the file could not be opened.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromD ocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Down loadManifest(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ManifestType manifestType, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Down loadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Down loadDeploymentManifest(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidationException
- The element 'assembly' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' has invalid child element 'publisherIdentity' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2'. Expected 'dependency' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' as well as 'dependency' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2' as well as 'file' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' as well as 'file, configuration, deployment, entryPoint, trustInfo, licensing, migration' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2' as well as 'clrClass' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' as well as 'clrClass' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2' as well as 'clrSurrogate' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' as well as 'clrSurrogate' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2' as well as 'comInterfaceExternalProxyStub' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' as well as 'comInterfaceExternalProxyStub, KeyInfo' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2' as well as 'Signature' in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#' as well as any element in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3'.
- Source: System.Xml
- Stack trace:
at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.SendValidatio nEvent(ValidationEventHandler eventHandler, Object sender, XmlSchemaValidationException e, XmlSeverityType severity)
at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.ElementValida tionError(XmlQualifiedName name, ValidationState context, ValidationEventHandler eventHandler, Object sender, String sourceUri, Int32 lineNo, Int32 linePos, Boolean getParticles)
at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.ValidateEleme ntContext(XmlQualifiedName elementName, Boolean& invalidElementInContext)
at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaValidator.ValidateEleme nt(String localName, String namespaceUri, XmlSchemaInfo schemaInfo, String xsiType, String xsiNil, String xsiSchemaLocation, String xsiNoNamespaceSchemaLocation)
at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.ProcessElementEvent ()
at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.ProcessReaderEvent( )
at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromD ocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
Old 09-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #7
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Are you on dialup? It looks like it had a hard time finding the site to install the program from. Please try again and see if it works.

Also, make sure there is no firewall blocking the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagnew35
I used IE and got following

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50215.44
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)
dfdll.dll : 8.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)
dfshim.dll : 2.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)
SOURCES
Deployment url : http://www.planetootp.com/AUReports/...ts.application
ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of
No transaction information is available.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #8
kagnew35
All Star Starter

I am on 4mps cable modem, went right tio sight and got that error message 3 time trying to dl, but do have xp firewall on, will try without it

Old 09-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #9
kagnew35
All Star Starter

same thing, impossible to continue, file is improperly formatted, contact publisher is message

Old 09-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #10
targy
All Star Starter

I just did a csv dump, first does it have to be cooma deleted. I am looking at the screen and I am looking at the Dodgers of 1977 the W-L recored is right but it says that I am 1.0 game behing and in reality I am 3.5 games ahead in my division.

All the Best of are not showing pictures or who is the leader of the heading

The stas seem correct
Old 09-04-2006, 12:43 PM   #11
targy
All Star Starter

One more thing I am in July in my league and the date is showing 3-31-1977
Old 09-04-2006, 01:36 PM   #12
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Does not matter if it is comma or semi-colon.

I will look at the GB thing. I think I know what that is.

Some information will not be shown until the end of the season. The program is designed to be ran in December, but can be ran anytime, but just some information will not be shown. (Not available in the dumps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by targy
I just did a csv dump, first does it have to be cooma deleted. I am looking at the screen and I am looking at the Dodgers of 1977 the W-L recored is right but it says that I am 1.0 game behing and in reality I am 3.5 games ahead in my division.

All the Best of are not showing pictures or who is the leader of the heading

The stas seem correct
Old 09-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #13
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that date is an estimation, which works most of the time. They do not include the league date in a dump anywhere, much to my asking many times. I am looking for another way to get that date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by targy
One more thing I am in July in my league and the date is showing 3-31-1977
Old 09-06-2006, 07:16 AM   #14
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

How's that print function coming and the display of pitcher stats under their photo?

Just showing that I'm watching and care about your volunteer work.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #15
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I got sidetracked with AU6XHistory and the rewrite of the AUHistory, but should be able to work on it later today or tomorrow.

The printing is harder than I thought it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasnell
How's that print function coming and the display of pitcher stats under their photo?

Just showing that I'm watching and care about your volunteer work.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:03 PM   #16
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I updated it to bring in the pitcher's stats, well, their W-L and ERA so far.

On the date thing. When you click on a team, that is where it reads the date. The only thing I use there is the 'YEAR', but, when the report is printed, it will use this date to print on the report 'Date: June 5th, 1956

That field date is editable, so you can click in it and change it to the correct date. It will NOT change it back when you click on another team.

But until I get the print ready, it really does not matter.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #17
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Added ratings. This is interesting. There is a dump called players_value and the 1st field for hitters is offensive_value, while for hitters, it is pitching_value.

So, I grabbed those numbers and sort by that. Pretty cool. I may add a few more fields here.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #18
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Can't wait. This one is going to be valuable.

I'm sure you're still tweaking, but Larry, the batting and pitching stats are not reporting correctly at the end of the season. No stats are displayed for the team's best rookie.

And I would like to see a regular season summary for my team that shows the Team BA, Team ERA, Runs Scored, and Runs Allowed. I'm not sure where you find that data, but it is all contained in the line for the manager history. I think it's also somewhere in the team stat files.

Having that info and the printing capability would wrap this one up. I love the buttons and additional details. I'm wondering how all of that will print.

Ratings are kind of interesting.

Last edited by rasnell; 09-06-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #19
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Added the teams 'average' player value for hitters and pitchers.

Started coding the print.

I think I am going a different route for starters. I am going to have it produce a PDF file. That way windows can handle the printing. I will be working a little on that tonight.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:16 PM   #20
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

OK, turning it into a PDF files is easier/harder than I thought.

The basic part is easy, getting the layout correct is going to be the tricky part. I have uploaded the latest version that starts the PDF layout.

It currently saves it as team.pdf (overwriting the existing one there, if you do 2 teams, but that will change). Located in C:\AU2006

Here is a sample of what I have it doing so far.

First, I have to figure out how to resize the logo, I think. I think a smaller version of the logo would look better. The space under the team name and ballpark will contain other information, fielding, budget, payroll, etc.

Then below that will be the news, injuries, etc., everything that is on the main page of the program.

I have to play around with the font sizes, etc.

So far I like what I see. Everyone has a PDF reader on their computer, so printing this will not be a problem. I know some people will complain because they cannot edit the document, but if you are not suggesting anything in this thread, your complaints may go in one ear and out the other.

Attached is a sample of the PDF file that it creates.

NOTE: This is only after about about 1.5 hours of work, with the first hour just figuring the thing out.

Last edited by Comedian2004; 04-14-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Comedian2004 is offline   Reply With Quote