Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:47 PM   #41
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Yeah, I'll add that to our instructions, as that might end up being super helpful for some other folks.
Bad news. I closed the game, re-opened, was asked to re-license the game and am getting the same error now. The game won't run.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:54 PM   #42
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
Bad news. I closed the game, re-opened, was asked to re-license the game and am getting the same error now. The game won't run.
Are you running the game in admin mode each time you start it?

If you go to the directory where OOTP is installed and right click on the OOTP20.exe icon and then go to 'properties' > 'compatibility' you can select the option to 'run this program as administrator' on that screen and then every time you start the game it will automatically run in admin mode.

Given the issues with the activation on your system, I would guess that's going to be a necessary step to getting and keeping things working.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:55 PM   #43
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Pete, I posted detailed instructions on how to contact ESELLRATE.
You need to read that post and take the initiative to fix your problem.
I believe they included a phone number.
Start there first and let us know if they were able to help you.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #44
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Are you running the game in admin mode each time you start it?

If you go to the directory where OOTP is installed and right click on the OOTP20.exe icon and then go to 'properties' > 'compatibility' you can select the option to 'run this program as administrator' on that screen and then every time you start the game it will automatically run in admin mode.

Given the issues with the activation on your system, I would guess that's going to be a necessary step to getting and keeping things working.
That isn't working. I'll just contact esellerrate myself
Old 03-19-2019, 03:21 PM   #45
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
That isn't working. I'll just contact esellerrate myself
Are you on the same network where the license went through, or did you switch back to the old one?

I do think that contacting eSellerate is directly going to be your best bet, as this is really a very technically complex problem that is unfortunately beyond our expertise, much as we want to help.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:31 PM   #46
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Are you on the same network where the license went through, or did you switch back to the old one?

I do think that contacting eSellerate is directly going to be your best bet, as this is really a very technically complex problem that is unfortunately beyond our expertise, much as we want to help.
Just spoke to esellerate and was told by them to reach out to you. Full circle.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:34 PM   #47
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's because the license check is failing. Your work network's firewall will not allow the reply from esellerate.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:38 PM   #48
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
That's because the license check is failing. Your work network's firewall will not allow the reply from esellerate.
I'm not on my work network
Old 03-19-2019, 03:41 PM   #49
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'm not on my work network
Do you have another computer that you could download this game on?
Maybe a girlfriend/wife/parents computer.
This may help you to determine where the actual problem lies.

Just a thought.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:50 PM   #50
krtgolfing
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It is clearly something that is wrong on your end and not an issue with the software since it happens every year. Yet thousands of other people have no issue with getting the game licensed and working.
krtgolfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:56 PM   #51
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtgolfing View Post
It is clearly something that is wrong on your end and not an issue with the software since it happens every year. Yet thousands of other people have no issue with getting the game licensed and working.
Whoever's end it's on, we want to get it working right so Pete can play the game.

The problem is, I do not know what to do at this point. I've dealt with hundreds of license activation issues, but I've never had one this persistently difficult. I've talked with Markus and Andreas and the rest of the teams well, and we're at a loss.

Typically even in difficult licensing issues, offline licensing is the last step you need to take and that solves the problem. If the license check fails after that, running the game in admin, with all firewall/security stuff either turned off or at least with OOTP whitelisted in each of them, will get things going again.

Clearly there is something very much out of the norm going on here, but short of deactivating every other program running on the computer (particularly any security programs) at the same time and trying to run the licensing check after each time, to see if it's possible to determine where the problem lies, which would obviously be incredibly time consuming, I do not have any other brilliant ideas.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-19-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #52
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Whoever's end it's on, we want to get it working right so Pete can play the game.

The problem is, I do not know what to do at this point. I've dealt with hundreds of license activation issues, but I've never had one this persistently difficult. I've talked with Markus and Andreas and the rest of the teams well, and we're at a loss.

Typically even in difficult licensing issues, offline licensing is the last step you need to take and that solves the problem. If the license check fails after that, running the game in admin, with all firewall/security stuff either turned off or at least with OOTP whitelisted in each of them, will get things going again.

Clearly there is something very much out of the norm going on here, but short of deactivating every other program running on the computer (particularly any security programs) at the same time and trying to run the licensing check after each time, to see if it's possible to determine where the problem lies, which would obviously be incredibly time consuming, I do not have any other brilliant ideas.
What are you talking about? A person that really wants to solve a problem takes the initiative to solve said problem. Obviously, He doesn't want to do that. He has been given many different reasons why this problem is happening. He does as little if anything, as possible.
If it was happening to me, I would have solved this problem years ago, so it doesn't keep happening every year. He chooses not to do anything, but complain.
What new advice can you give him, that hasn't been said 100 times?
You are a better man than me.

Take care.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #53
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates View Post
What are you talking about? A person that really wants to solve a problem takes the initiative to solve said problem. Obviously, He doesn't want to do that. He has been given many different reasons why this problem is happening. He does as little if anything, as possible.
If it was happening to me, I would have solved this problem years ago, so it doesn't keep happening every year. He chooses not to do anything, but complain.
What new advice can you give him, that hasn't been said 100 times?
You are a better man than me.

Take care.
You can excuse yourself from the conversation whenever you want. I called esellerate, in case you didn't see the post, and they directed me back here for help. I've taken every step I know of, uninstall/reinstall, try different computers, try different networks. Start in safemode and tracemode. I've done every troubleshoot I've been given and tried things on my own. So yeah, take care. I appreciate Lukas and Markus trying to help. We'll figure it out. Without you.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #54
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:

Thanks Lukas. You've been a great help. Others, no so much. I'll continue to work.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #55
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
You can excuse yourself from the conversation whenever you want. I called esellerate, in case you didn't see the post, and they directed me back here for help. I've taken every step I know of, uninstall/reinstall, try different computers, try different networks. Start in safemode and tracemode. I've done every troubleshoot I've been given and tried things on my own. So yeah, take care. I appreciate Lukas and Markus trying to help. We'll figure it out. Without you.
Then please explain why you keep having the same problem, year after year, for many years.
Why didn't you fix said problem years ago?
I'm not trying to be mean, but this is a reality. If every computer you use, this keeps happening, I would call a computer expert to come and fix my problem. Problem solved.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #56
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Then please explain why you keep having the same problem, year after year, for many years.
I'm not trying to be mean, but this is a reality. If every computer you use, this keeps happening, I would call a computer expert to come and fix my problem. Problem solved.
Because I dont have the issue with any other game. I always have issues activating OOTP.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:33 PM   #57
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Please, I get you're trying to help, and appreciate it but this really isn't that helpful.

We need to get this working for Pete and it's adding to everyone's frustration to have a bunch of side issues interjected into the discussion.

He has a right to expect the game to work when he tries to install it. It's what we expect as well.

That being said,this is a really difficult issue and it's probably something that even your typical local computer expert wouldn't be able to handle quickly or easily or economically.

We'll figure this out one way or another, but it really would be best if we can just get down to doing that as efficiently as possible

Thanks!

Old 03-19-2019, 04:34 PM   #58
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Because I dont have the issue with any other game. I always have issues activating OOTP.
I understand what you are saying. I know very little about computers.
These type of problems irritate me. I would have had a computer expect come to my house, and fix the problem.
Try going to a friends house and use their internet connection.

How did you get the game working, in prior years?
Old 03-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #59
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Please, I get you're trying to help, and appreciate it but this really isn't that helpful.

We need to get this working for Pete and it's adding to everyone's frustration to have a bunch of side issues interjected into the discussion.

He has a right to expect the game to work when he tries to install it. It's what we expect as well.

That being said,this is a really difficult issue and it's probably something that even your typical local computer expert wouldn't be able to handle quickly or easily or economically.

We'll figure this out one way or another, but it really would be best if we can just get down to doing that as efficiently as possible

Thanks!
No problem.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #60
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Thanks Lukas. You've been a great help. Others, no so much. I'll continue to work.
I'm going to have to sleep on this now unfortunately, but we'll be back at it tomorrow and we'll figure something out. I'll check in with our folks in America and Canada and other time zones as well to see if any of them can keep helping out or if they can think of anything I've missed.