Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 05-19-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
majik1989
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Adding career stats to a database for historical player import

Hello - I am looking to add player career totals for each team the player appeared with into the lahman or Spiritze database to import players into an all time franchise best league based off career totals. (ex,Barry Bonds could be a Pirate based off his 1986-1992 stats and a Giant based on 1993-retirement stats) . The Fangraphs site makes it easy to create files for batting, pitching, and fielding to export to excel then over to a database. I tired this and placed the year at 2050 for all players and I can get players to import but their ratings are all at the min across the board while nothing shows in real life stats. (I also wouldn't mind creating decade teams that used ones stat totals from x0-x9)

I am hoping it is something easy I am missing. Also, I have the spreadsheets from fangraphs and could post if somebody would like to help ($$$)

I would love to create some leagues based off totals from particular timeframes then share as a quickstart but am lacking some excel and database knowledge needed to get ootp to pull over the career stats with the id.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
majik1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:53 AM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I'd post a sample of your 4 spreadsheets to give people something to work from. There is not enough info in your post for successful helpings.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:18 PM   #3
majik1989
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Good idea - I attached a quick sample of a partial batting spreadsheet that may give an idea of what I am looking to accomplish. For player id, I would need to use the BigRod Historical Tool but for year/team/league was not sure what would go here to get the program to pull the career stats. I know the actual team name would not work but that is how fan graph identifies.

I mainly don't want to do excessive work if there is an easy way to accomplish this and admit that I am not an excel or database expert by any means.

Also, thanks so much for the reply.

(In the meantime I am working on a league using single season bests for each franchise to fill mlb/aaa/aa/a/r rosters.)
Attached Files
File Type: xls career batting sample.xls (191.0 KB, 249 views)

Last edited by majik1989; 05-20-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:21 PM   #4
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

For starters the format of this file needs to be an exact match to the Lahman 2014 version of the batting.csv or it will not import. Same with the Pitching/Fielding/Master files.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:42 AM   #5
majik1989
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks - I'll keep playing around with it and can see if I can get things to sync. I need to become more familiar with the Lahman format first. I am sure there is a way to do what I am wanting but I will work my way to it as I learn how everything connects.