Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 05-02-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

A Humble Mod Request

Let me preface by saying that I would absolutely love to write something like this, but my programming skills are rusty and my spare time almost nil. But if some generous soul with the skill and the time could tackle this, an entire forum's worth of dynasty writers would fall at your feet in worship.

Here's what I'm thinking:

I'd love to have a mod that allows the user to take statistical or standings output from the game and have it output a text file with columns separated by space characters, so that the information can be posted to the forum with code tags around it.

Dynasty writers use this sort of thing all the time for posting standings, stats, league leaders and so on, and unfortunately, it takes a load of time to manually type it all out in a fixed-width font so that we can make sure the columns line up right (space characters work in a bbcode code-/code block, tab characters don't).

It'd be great if we could select the types of stats/standings we want and have the program output a custom text file. For example, say I want a standings report. I could check boxes for Team Name, W-L Record, Games Behind, Last 10 and Projected Record, and the program would give me a nicely formatted file with those columns in it. If I wanted a league leaders report, I could say that I want the top 3 placers in Batting Average, HR, RBI, ERA, Ks and Saves and it would give me that report, nicely spaced.

Please check out my Outpost League dynasty, any of the recent monthly reports posts, for an example of what I'm doing by hand that I'd like to have a mod program do instead.

Anyone think this is a possibility?