Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 11-17-2006, 04:39 PM   #1
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Anderson Utilities - AUBoxMod

OK, here is a nifty little program that I think you may enjoy.

http://www.planetootp.com/AUBoxMod/default.htm

It allows you to load in any box score and add a GAMES NOTES: entry. You can do this to any box score, even the ones in my Almanac. You can do it to your online league's box scores before you upload them to the server.

First, pick your league and then decide if you want all the teams listed and also if you want a certain month listed or a combination of the two. Or, just hit scan to get all of the box scores.

Use the BROWSE I or the BROWSE II button to select where the box scores are located. Browse I will let you pick any folder anywhere, while Browse II will default to your currently selected league.

Click on a box and it will display the box score in the window. Click on the ADD NOTES button and you will be displayed a window asking you to put the text in. Click OK and it is done and the page is refreshed, showing your changes. NOTE: It will not erase your old notes if you run it a second time.

NOTE: It will take it a few seconds if you have thousands of box scores.

I will be adding a few more options to this program, when I think of some.

Screen shots to follow:

Last edited by Comedian2004; 11-17-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Comedian2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Here is a screen shot of the box score selection:
Attached Images
Old 11-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #3
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Here is a screenie of the box score being displayed:
Attached Images
Old 11-17-2006, 04:46 PM   #4
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Here is the unmodified box score section:
Attached Images
Old 11-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #5
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

At the final product:
Attached Images
Old 11-17-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
targy
All Star Starter

Just wanted you to know that for those of us that use Firefox there is a great little add-on called IE Tab, it allows you to open the page you are looking at to be opened in a new tab viewing it in IE, when you hit install it will allow you to install whichever program you want to
Old 11-18-2006, 12:32 AM   #7
Burto1945
Minors (Double A)

I've used IE Tab from the beginning of these IE-only utilities, and it works great. Easy to use, and plus, you can set a site to always open with IE (through Firefox), so even if you forget, planetootp.com will open with IE.

Great work again, Comedian, it will really add something to gaming, especially remembering which games were played out, questionable calls, managerial 'coin-flip' decisions/outcomes, etc. Once I get back into playing out games, this will be a great thing for my league.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:29 PM   #8
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I added a NEXT GAME and a PREVIOUS game button for use while viewing a box score. So, you can simply bring up a box score, view it/add notes and then hit the next button to see the next game. A wonderful way to view the box scores for a team or for a month or for the entire league.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:15 PM   #9
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Added the ability to display all games in which a team had zero hits. So, now you can easily find those team no-hitters.

Added the ability to search for all games where one team scored more than 15 runs. Look for those blow outs.

Next: Adding the ability to display only Playoff games and All-star games, maybe spring training and season only filters, if it can be done.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:19 PM   #10
sporr
Global Moderator

This is excellent stuff!
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #11
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, having fun with it.

Added Postseason, Regular Season and Spring Training games as filters. Did not see a value that marks a game as the all-star game. If you get the filters all screwed up somehow, just hit FILE RESTART to load the program again.

Remember, you can scan box scores anywhere, the current league, the AUAlmanac or somewhere else where you have them ready to upload.

I am debating adding a bulk adder, add the same message to all games, or to all games by a team, but not seeing much use for that.

I am also thinking about adding a routine that would go throw and modify all box scores to show the record of the team at the team.

So, instead of showing Chicago White Sox in the line score, it would show Chicago (45-11) instead.

This would show it in three places, in the title bar, the line where it shows

BOX SCORES - VISITOR at HOME, LEAGUENAME

And also in the line score, where it show the team names and the inning by inning layout.

I would have to go game by game and tally up the wins and losses, so not sure how well it would go. It would just be wins and losses, forget about games behind or position, as I would have to layout the structure of the divisions, and I ain't messing with that.

Other possible options is to change the date in the box score to be a link to the schedule for that day for the league.

NOTE: Once you display a box score, all the player links should work. So, it will act like a little browser also. Click HIDE BOX to get back to the list at any time.

Last edited by Comedian2004; 11-18-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Comedian2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #12
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Coming later today:

A Schedule button: If you click this and the file exists, then the HTML schedule will be displayed, day by day. So, you can find a box score you want to change and click on BOX # and go to it and add notes. NOTE: You have to click BOX # if you locate a box score through this function.

Also added an INDEX button. This will display the leagues HTML index file, if it exists and let you browse through the whole HTML.

Also added a ADD META button. This is cool. Click it and enter keywords, such as PLAYED and it adds that line as a HTML META file under keywords: as in:

<meta name=""keywords"" content="PLAYED"

So, the words are hidden in the HTML, but, they can be searched for using my program.

May add the ability to add keywords to every HTML file and also the ability to modify any HTML text with adding stuff to it.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:48 PM   #13
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Got the META search to work now. It still works with the team and month filters, if used. To clear a filter, highlight it and press DELETE on keyboard.

The META search can also be used as a general search. Search for T. Sizemore and you get all of the box scores that T. Sizemore is in. Other things that I can think of to search for are:

Triple Plays: (Need to see if there is a S in it though)
3 on (for finding bases loaded doubles, triples or homeruns.)
at Tiger Stadium (find all the games played there)

You just have to remember that you are searching the HTML code, not the displayed HTML, so you have to keep that in mind. For instance, if you search for "Player of the Game: G. Brown", it will not find it. As there is HTML code between the : and the G. Brown, not to mention the link.

Next up: I will add the ability to copy all shown box scores to a specified folder. So, you pull down Detroit and get a list of all of their games, you click COPY and it copies those box scores to a different folder. So the diehard fan could create a folder for each team at the end of the season and copy over all the team box scores.