Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 09-07-2006, 04:18 AM   #21
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Skipping the logo would be OK with me. I think you're right about getting a cleaner printout this way.

I assume what you're working on is how to plug in all the stuff you now have as buttons like awards, accomplishments, stats for the best pitcher/batter.

Idea: When you look at the home page of your team in the game, there is a leaderboard of the top few in hitting, hr, rbi, era, wins, k's -- Is there a simpler way for you to find that report and simply display into AUReports for the PDF printout?

That would really be nice if there's a simple way for you to flag that file. Just a thought. The photos, logo and all the things that you've used to spice up AUReports are nice, but unnecessary for the printout.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:44 AM   #22
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Ah, good idea...

The problem I have here with this is I have to layout the page. We have different length things, like leaderboard, injuries, etc.

That Page you mentioned is a tpl file with fill-ins, maybe I can load that in and fill it in and go from there.

I like the onscreen reports my program does, makes it easy to examine a team.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #23
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Looking at the TPL files that are used to generate those does not help. I looked at the SION pages and they are so wide on the screen, that a printout from there would not show the stuff on the right.

I just need to spend some time to understand how this component works. I think I can make a nice print out with it. The hard part is different teams have different number of events. So give me a day or two to play around and I will see what I can come up with.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:29 PM   #24
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Good luck. I have no problem with having a more detailed or complete display, but some simple method to get the basics on the printout so if you have to split the two views, that would work.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:05 PM   #25
YoVivoPorSPORTS
Bat Boy

What are you using to create the pdfs? Because I know it can be done in php, I don't have the book that givesi nsctructions on how to do it and add graphics and stuff but I know that with an add-in there is a ton of customization that can be done using php and you can generate pdfs from databases.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #26
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Are you using PDFCreator?
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:47 PM   #27
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Using ComponentOne's add on for Visual Basic for the PDF
Old 09-17-2006, 10:23 PM   #28
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Finally DLed this thing today. I used it on my fictional league and was unhappy to see that my league pics didn't load up and instead I got the dreaded OOTP ghost image where my Facetool player images were supposed to be. Anyway this util can pick the images out of my lg file?

Also, the main reason I wanted to DL this was that I saw a development button which I was hoping would give something similar to the old up/down arrows and # +/- that BOSI did on the player development screen. Any chance you will have a util with a similar feature for 06?

Sorry this is all requests - it's a cool utility even if you don't make any changes. Thanks for providing this.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:06 PM   #29
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I just tested it on a fictional league and it did bring up the player's pictures. Are your pictures named by number or by name? It should work either way though, as I have tested it on historical leagues and saw Kirby's ugly mug.

Does facetool save the pictures as JPG or PNG? I think I am only looking for JPG files, if PNG files can be used, I will change it to look for both.

Explain part II in more detail, not sure what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_
Finally DLed this thing today. I used it on my fictional league and was unhappy to see that my league pics didn't load up and instead I got the dreaded OOTP ghost image where my Facetool player images were supposed to be. Anyway this util can pick the images out of my lg file?

Also, the main reason I wanted to DL this was that I saw a development button which I was hoping would give something similar to the old up/down arrows and # +/- that BOSI did on the player development screen. Any chance you will have a util with a similar feature for 06?

Sorry this is all requests - it's a cool utility even if you don't make any changes. Thanks for providing this.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:11 AM   #30
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

I check the forum for the latest AU utility or update almost as frequently as I kept watching the forum for the official release of OOTP.

Really looking forward to full implementation of AU Reports with the print function. By the way, did you fix the stats. When you do the csv dump in December, for some reason, it's not grabbing the season-ending stats for the best hitter, pitcher, rookie.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:29 AM   #31
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I never know what I am going to whip up. The printing part of the AUReports really kicked me in the part that really hurts. But I will get back to it, been reading up on it and getting a better understanding. It was a poorly implemented part of the programming languague.

Hmmm.. Are you sure about the December dump, I thought I had tested it in December. That is what sucks with that program, it really depends on when you do the dump. It was designed to be done in December, but it can be ran at anytime.

I will look into it.

Have you looked at AUHistory2 lately? I have some really neat stuff in it that you want to run at the end of each season (or before). Add streaks, random events and walk off homeruns.

It is kinda cool to see someone like the Babe with 2 walk off homeruns in the same week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasnell
I check the forum for the latest AU utility or update almost as frequently as I kept watching the forum for the official release of OOTP.

Really looking forward to full implementation of AU Reports with the print function. By the way, did you fix the stats. When you do the csv dump in December, for some reason, it's not grabbing the season-ending stats for the best hitter, pitcher, rookie.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:32 AM   #32
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

I'll have to check it out. (Auhistory2)

I love the photo tool. So slick and easy to keep updating photos for the new draftees. What a nice utility.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:18 AM   #33
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004
I just tested it on a fictional league and it did bring up the player's pictures. Are your pictures named by number or by name? It should work either way though, as I have tested it on historical leagues and saw Kirby's ugly mug.

Does facetool save the pictures as JPG or PNG? I think I am only looking for JPG files, if PNG files can be used, I will change it to look for both.

Explain part II in more detail, not sure what you mean.
The facetool pictures are in the PNG format, for example: Player_90.png

As for the BOSI comment, I'm looking for a util that does something like this with a development report: http://www.actionpackedbaseballleagu...?playerid=7787
Old 09-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #34
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Ah, I was not aware of that. I will make some changes to AUFace today along with a couple others that use the photos.

OOTP2006, much to my crying publically, does not have an almanac. So, when the season ends, the old ratings are history, along with old box scores and play by play. So, no way to compare ratings from year to year.

I had posted a message about writing an almanac program, but it would require you to do it manually at the end of each year, but no one showed any interest in it at all.

I did have some minor thoughts on a different type almanac that justs saved box scores and ratings, but it would also require you to run it once a year, so no simming 10 years at a time.

Find the almanac thread it get some people talking about it and I may come up with something if it shows interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_
The facetool pictures are in the PNG format, for example: Player_90.png

As for the BOSI comment, I'm looking for a util that does something like this with a development report: http://www.actionpackedbaseballleagu...?playerid=7787