Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:53 PM   #3581
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Tacoma and Harlem going at it in six games this month.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:09 PM   #3582
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Here I go again. It would be much easier if everybody would mark their teams both ways as has been asked by more than me, This simple request helps the stats gatherers tremendously. As the League has grown it has been more time consuming and much more time consuming when there are unmarked teams to search for. Some gatherers do not do it anymore for this reason. I would suggest that those that refuse to mark their teams both ways gather the stats.
Are we possibly past the point of gentle requests, and maybe this could be a league requirement? Participation in the league is voluntary and enjoyment by everyone seems to be the goal. So it stinks for those who gather stats to spend extra time because some refuse to ruin the feng shui of their teams by simply adding a "-OL" to their names.

We haven't gone so far as official league constitution and bylaws, and we don't use Roberts Rules of Order (not sure if that's Robin, Brian, Dave or Bip), but I'll make the motion that "-OL" be in your name, or you won't get counted.

Perhaps a poll could be created for Yay or Nay on this? Perhaps most of you feel differently?

(Don't know if it should be "-OL" or "- OL" or either)

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:44 PM   #3583
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
Are we possibly past the point of gentle requests, and maybe this could be a league requirement? Participation in the league is voluntary and enjoyment by everyone seems to be the goal. So it stinks for those who gather stats to spend extra time because some refuse to ruin the feng shui of their teams by simply adding a "-OL" to their names.

We haven't gone so far as official league constitution and bylaws, and we don't use Roberts Rules of Order (not sure if that's Robin, Brian, Dave or Bip), but I'll make the motion that "-OL" be in your name, or you won't get counted.

Perhaps a poll could be created for Yay or Nay on this? Perhaps most of you feel differently?

In addition, add a '+' to the end of the team abbreviation so those teams stand out in the monthly schedules.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #3584
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
In addition, add a '+' to the end of the team abbreviation so those teams stand out in the monthly schedules.
I like the "+" too because I can look at my schedule and look forward to OL opponents.

Last edited by OMGPuppies; 07-15-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:02 PM   #3585
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:

If the end insult is Yay, can we agree that any form of "OL" will do? I mean, the objective is to be trackable: no matter how anyone puts it, it should be fine as long as it's on the name. I like "OL" with no -+*/ whatsoever personally.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #3586
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

I like -+*@!#%$ OL the best.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:55 PM   #3587
joehart
All Star Starter

My vote is for "- OL" and "-OL" as the main requirement for all teams.

Any other option will eventually lead to a team getting dropped because
people did not use the external Google document and instead used PT20 to look for the OL teams.

Searching for -OL and - OL produces 2-3 pages of teams in the league.

Searching for OL alone (without the dash) produces 77 pages.

Last edited by joehart; 07-15-2019 at 05:18 PM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:00 PM   #3588
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The OL or -OL both work for the standings. They allow the gatherer to quickly identify the OL teams so that he/she knows which teams to search the schedules for wins and losses. The + on the abbreviation is vitally important when the gatherer is looking at the schedule to identify which games count for Our League standings. As we have grown this has become more time consuming. When the gatherer has to continually try to identify who is who, it can stop being a labor of love and becomes a pull your hair out nightmare. I think that we are getting large enough that we need rules to be placed in situations like this. I am not a founder and have no say in the matter except to offer my opinion. I think a poll would be good. I think it would show that most support this. The time gathering information should be kept to a minimum for those that do this great service for the rest of us. Why would anybody not care about their Our League friends time enough to make this small sacrifice? Why would we not try to help them in any way that we can?

Edit: Joe makes a great point for the -OL. You can add some spaces after the team name and then add this, This is no different than a team wearing a uniform alike.

Last edited by Kushiel; 07-15-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:46 PM   #3589
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
I like -+*@!#%$ OL the best.
I personally like -OLD because that's what most of us are anyways.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:48 PM   #3590
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
I personally like -OLD because that's what most of us are anyways.
Are you a WW2 veteran?

Old 07-15-2019, 05:51 PM   #3591
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Are you a WW2 veteran?
No, so maybe -NOT_WW2_OLD is more appropriate for me?
Old 07-15-2019, 05:52 PM   #3592
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
If the end insult is Yay, can we agree that any form of "OL" will do? I mean, the objective is to be trackable: no matter how anyone puts it, it should be fine as long as it's on the name. I like "OL" with no -+*/ whatsoever personally.

When I’m doing the stats I like the + in the abbreviation. I cross reference myself for accuracy using scores and schedules and can breeze through it when the + is in place.

End of the day I’m ok with one uniform way we all should follow whether the + is acceptable or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:34 PM   #3593
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Schedule for OL S273 2035

As always, this is for the entire season, so some games have been played. Quite a few teams have big blocks of OL games, but the most daunting belongs to the Boogie Knights who play nothing but OL games from May 31st through July 4th. Click on the attachment and it's readable.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:43 PM   #3594
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

I'm good either way with the -OL tag.... the + on the abbreviation does help a lot when trying to add up the total games for the season (though I'm seeing some teams this season in Diamond that had the + in prior years now missing that tag, so who knows what's up with that).... when it comes to adding up the wins/losses from month-to-month, I just pull up my spreadsheet with all the teams listed out and have that side-by-side with ootp showing the team-v-team report so I won't miss anyone as I go down the list....

2035 Diamond league schedule (think I got 'em all):

Roncalli - 70 games (36 home/34 away)
Motown - 26 games (13 home/13 away)
Luckenbach - 56 games (27 home/29 away)
Transylvania - 67 games (35 home/32 away)
Waffletown - 54 games (26 home/28 away)
Seattle Endless - 29 games (15 home/14 away)
Cooper - 42 games (21 home/21 away)
Cincinnati - 68 games (35 home/33 away)
Chippewa - 55 games (27 home/28 away)
Seattle Pilots - 44 games (19 home/25 away)
California - 55 games (29 home/26 away)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:53 PM   #3595
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
I'm good either way with the -OL tag.... the + on the abbreviation does help a lot when trying to add up the total games for the season (though I'm seeing some teams this season in Diamond that had the + in prior years now missing that tag, so who knows what's up with that).... when it comes to adding up the wins/losses from month-to-month, I just pull up my spreadsheet with all the teams listed out and have that side-by-side with ootp showing the team-v-team report so I won't miss anyone as I go down the list....

2035 Diamond league schedule (think I got 'em all):

Roncalli - 70 games (36 home/34 away)
Motown - 26 games (13 home/13 away)
Luckenbach - 56 games (27 home/29 away)
Transylvania - 67 games (35 home/32 away)
Waffletown - 54 games (26 home/28 away)
Seattle Endless - 29 games (15 home/14 away)
Cooper - 42 games (21 home/21 away)
Cincinnati - 68 games (35 home/33 away)
Chippewa - 55 games (27 home/28 away)
Seattle Pilots - 44 games (19 home/25 away)
California - 55 games (29 home/26 away)

Come on up to Perfect guys! Right now it looks like the Puppies may be joining you soon.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:16 PM   #3596
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

My thoughts on labeling

As one who does a lot of stats gathering, it is much easier with the OL in the team name. I like that it makes us stand out from the crowd also. The "+" is really valuable when going through 18 teams to get the schedules. It is also a wonderful that nearly all the teams have unique and interesting logos. It makes easier and fun. There are not too many teams that still use the fairly generic logos in PT. The biggest risk with them is that another, non OL, team will end up with something very similar. I realize that some people like the looks of what they find in the game, but I would ask that if you do, perhaps add something to yours if you notice one that is quite similar. If you need help with it, there are quite a few OLers who'll help and then post one. You can also use the elements in the PT logo to redesign yours. Again, there are plenty of people that will help, if you don't have the inclination or graphics software. As an example, I have attached the in-game logo for Pablo, and then another, incorporating a bit of it. I only ask that you consider my ideas. You're certainly free to do as you please.
Attached Images
Old 07-15-2019, 07:18 PM   #3597
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

And the in game

It seemed to me the "P" was the most distinctive element of the in game logo.
Attached Images
Old 07-15-2019, 07:41 PM   #3598
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
It seemed to me the "P" was the most distinctive element of the in game logo.
Stanley I need some cute logos for Kaneohe and Tacoma. Thinking about changing mascots and names.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:53 PM   #3599
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Come on up to Perfect guys! Right now it looks like the Puppies may be joining you soon.
We're trying to come up...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:53 PM   #3600
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
we don't use Roberts Rules of Order (not sure if that's Robin, Brian, Dave or Bip),
Definitely Bip.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote