Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:57 PM   #3561
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Northborough Algonquin will be promoted to bronze next week

Both the Woodinville Talent Thieves and Northborough Algonquin
will make it to Bronze league next week.

The Talent Thieves are still doing their best to take down the stronger non-OL Miami Hurricanes team in the finals.
Attached Images

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:10 PM   #3562
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Both the Woodinville Talent Thieves and Northborough Algonquin
will make it to Bronze league next week.

The Talent Thieves are still doing their best to take down the stronger non-OL Miami Hurricanes team in the finals.

do you have the regular season OL standings? I think we're just missing the Iron league
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:15 PM   #3563
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
do you have the regular season OL standings? I think we're just missing the Iron league
This is what I calculated for the Iron 201 OL table.
If a team had no OL in its name, it was omitted from this report.

Woodinville Talent Thieves are in first place but had to fight off the Bulldogs all season.

The Thieves held true to their name and won an Iron league trophy by stealing the Hurricanes talent from their 5 Diamond players.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by joehart; 07-15-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:51 PM   #3564
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Congratulations. I don't have your logo, so I used my favorite old 'Nats logo. I actually have a decal of this logo (the old kind that you soak in water) in a box somewhere that I bought in Cooperstown, around 1975 for 50 cents.
Here's my logo if you need it for something later, I lifted it from somebody here in the forums and use it for all my teams.
Attached Images
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:19 AM   #3565
joehart
All Star Starter

Just saw this for Reliever of the Year.

I expected Player 1 to win the award because of the better stats but in the end it seems to have been the extra innings and games that made the difference.
Feedback? Player 1 was a Closer while Player 2 was a Stopper.
Attached Images

Last edited by joehart; 07-15-2019 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:00 AM   #3566
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Just saw this for Reliever of the Year.

I expected Player 1 to win the award because of the better stats but in the end it seems to have been the extra innings and games that made the difference.
Feedback? Player 1 was a Closer while Player 2 was a Stopper.
My only guess would be the nine wins? Then again the guy does have eight losses to go with those wins. Undeserving,

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:03 AM   #3567
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Scullytown Barbers were relegated to Bronze

We're still a work in progress. Admittedly they don't get as much attention as my flagship teams.

Username is BigRed90 for your bronze friend lists. Don't forget about them!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:06 AM   #3568
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Actually that card design looks like Bowman not Topps. I have quite a few from 1955 which was the last year Bowman did cards of current major league players. Change Topps to Bowman....

edit: Until they re-entered the market in the early 80's?

Topps also did "TV" cards for World Series events. In fact, the one used as an example for this featured Rico Petrocelli hitting two homers against the Cardinals in '67. They didn't put their trademark on them, perhaps because they were clipping the design from Bowman. I just added it because I have no restraint in my "borrowing." I mix and match as it pleases me.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:18 AM   #3569
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is what I calculated for the Iron 201 OL table.
If a team had no OL in its name, it was omitted from this report.

Woodinville Talent Thieves are in first place but had to fight off the Bulldogs all season.

The Thieves held true to their name and won an Iron league trophy by stealing the Hurricanes talent from their 5 Diamond players.

Actually, the Gotham Knight (nerdysauceF2P) have been a long time member of OL. I just checked in this morning, so hopefully someone sees this before it's too late, and Gotham's record will be still available.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 07-15-2019 at 05:25 AM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:20 AM   #3570
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I added a column to the friends list to indicate whether or not each team was placed in the OL league for the current year. I figured it would make it easier to see who made and missed placement now that there are so many OL teams.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:24 AM   #3571
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Actually, the Gotham Knight (nerdysauceF2P) have been a long time member of OL. I just checked in this morning, so hopefully someone sees this before it's too late, and Gotham's record will be still available.
Here I go again. It would be much easier if everybody would mark their teams both ways as has been asked by more than me, This simple request helps the stats gatherers tremendously. As the League has grown it has been more time consuming and much more time consuming when there are unmarked teams to search for. Some gatherers do not do it anymore for this reason. I would suggest that those that refuse to mark their teams both ways gather the stats.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:26 AM   #3572
Kushiel
All Star Starter

OMG Puppies

The Rockin' Robins will be my seventh OL team, I think.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:39 AM   #3573
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

2035 Diamond league

(edit: and you aren't seeing double... the Rocky Mountain Vibes in the AC West and the Rocky Mountain Vibes in the NC East are owned by two different players apparently.)
Attached Images

Last edited by stl jason; 07-15-2019 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:48 AM   #3574
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I've updated the friend list to include placement for 2035. Bronze is still a mess, and I believe the teams that didn't make it last week didn't make it this week either. People in bronze need to update their friends lists. And if your team wasn't placed in the OL league, please double check your placement settings. Other than nagging you guys to do these things, I dunno what we can do.

Also, didn't I see that Argonaut was withdrawing the Crayons from OL play? I vaguely recall him saying that, but I want to verify it.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:58 AM   #3575
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I've updated the friend list to include placement for 2035. Bronze is still a mess, and I believe the teams that didn't make it last week didn't make it this week either. People in bronze need to update their friends lists. And if your team wasn't placed in the OL league, please double check your placement settings. Other than nagging you guys to do these things, I dunno what we can do.

Also, didn't I see that Argonaut was withdrawing the Crayons from OL play? I vaguely recall him saying that, but I want to verify it.
I believe that's correct.... still have the team included in my bronze team's friend list anyway, as we don't have 30 teams in that tier (figure rather have a known team pulled in than not)....

and while we're on the subject.... if you are going to withdraw and remove your team from the OL group, please say something here.... no hard feelings/etc as it's all voluntary.... it'll just save time for the rest of us from having to check/re-check friend's lists to make sure everyone was included when the new season starts and teams are missing from the league
Old 07-15-2019, 06:59 AM   #3576
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Diamond placement

4 teams in the AC and 7 in the NC. Motown and Seattle are in divisions by themselves, and the NC Central has 3 OL teams, so that should be fun.
Attached Images
Old 07-15-2019, 07:04 AM   #3577
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Bronze Placement

Pretty even distribution of the 13 teams. NC East is 4 OL teams so that should be a slugfest.
Attached Images
Old 07-15-2019, 08:16 AM   #3578
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Silver .273 Divisional alignment. Looks like 18 total OL teams and all divisions have multiple teams. Should be a good one.
Attached Images
Old 07-15-2019, 11:26 AM   #3579
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Yes, I did. I use the Crayons for Collections and change up the roster all the time using all my different players and strategies. So it will drift in and out of OL compliance.

Did they get pulled into a Bronze OL? I cleared that friends list but I guess it may still happen randomly.

Last edited by Argonaut; 07-15-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #3580
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Excited for the Cowboys to compete in Perfect. They've always been a winning team, making the playoffs in nearly every season (where they tend to fall asleep -- check out the Diamond pips). But a good season for them in Perfect might be .500? We'll see.

I sold long-time Cowboy Red Faber 93, whose value was heightened due to the White Sox mission. For a little less PP I picked up a big upgrade in Cy Young 97, who will be the #1 Cowboy ace for a long time.

The Vikings got gazumped by the eventual Gold Series winner in the Wildcard game -- that Crimson Tide team now has a championship at every level up to Gold. That's impressive and I'm jealous. The Vikings should be good again. Added Frank Baker 97 to convert to 2B and smack a few balls in the meantime.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote