Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 12-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #161
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Started playing with the curved text update and must say absolutely superb!
Old 12-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #162
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Yep definitely one of my favorite updates. Although I'm not sure why it wouldn't find my Steelers' Gunplay font
Attached Images
Image Image 

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet

Last edited by jpeters1734; 12-16-2014 at 05:57 PM.
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #163
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Update version 1.2.0.0
  • Fixed empty text crashes.
Oops I did it again.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #164
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
Yep definitely one of my favorite updates. Although I'm not sure why it wouldn't find my Steelers' Gunplay font
It's probably not a Truetype font. That's all that GDI+ graphics supports, so the others are filtered out.

EDIT: I just downloaded the Gunplay font and it is Truetype and it worked for me. Although it doesn't look like the Gunplay font because at such a small size, you can't see the thin line in the characters.

EDIT the sequel: Something else you should notice here is the problem with not using monospaced fonts. The spacing between the I and T is less than the other characters. With monospaced fonts all characters are equal.

EDIT Returns: Also don't use Bold with this font...it will just fill in the thin line.
Attached Images

Last edited by justafan; 12-16-2014 at 06:57 PM.
justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:11 PM   #165
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
It's probably not a Truetype font. That's all that GDI+ graphics supports, so the others are filtered out.

EDIT: I just downloaded the Gunplay font and it is Truetype and it worked for me. Although it doesn't look like the Gunplay font because at such a small size, you can't see the thin line in the characters.

EDIT the sequel: Something else you should notice here is the problem with not using monospaced fonts. The spacing between the I and T is less than the other characters. With monospaced fonts all characters are equal.

EDIT Returns: Also don't use Bold with this font...it will just fill in the thin line.
very nice, thanks for the logo. Is there an easy way to see if a font is monospaced before I download it? I see what you mean about the truetype font. That was the issue

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

Old 12-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #166
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
very nice, thanks for the logo. Is there an easy way to see if a font is monospaced before I download it? I see what you mean about the truetype font. That was the issue
I don't know if there is an easy way to tell. This is something I never noticed until I started programmatically curving text. Google will help find lists of them for you. As far as Windows fonts go, I know "Courier New" is one.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:10 AM   #167
justafan
Hall Of Famer

I'm working on a way to use non-monospace fonts. I am so close I can taste it.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:39 AM   #168
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Looking really good!

I did come across something that I haven't seen from anyone else. I did "San Antonio" and it did a funky reverse spacing thing on the logo. I've seen others post a logo with correct spacing, so I don't know what's going on with this.

Also, I like the glossy style look. Is there any way to have the glossy sheen layer above the circle 2 layer? It currently only shows up on circle 1.

Again, great work!!
Attached Images
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #169
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Looking really good!

I did come across something that I haven't seen from anyone else. I did "San Antonio" and it did a funky reverse spacing thing on the logo. I've seen others post a logo with correct spacing, so I don't know what's going on with this.

Also, I like the glossy style look. Is there any way to have the glossy sheen layer above the circle 2 layer? It currently only shows up on circle 1.

Again, great work!!
Just bring down the text 1 size to the same as text 2 and increase the text 1 spacing to 9 or10.

The glossy is there, it's just over the center portion rather than the whole thing. I don't think it looks right over the text.

Last edited by justafan; 12-17-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #170
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

I fiddled around with this to see what I could come up with. Here's what I got (some logos work better with this style than others):

Very nice little tool you've created here! I particularly like how quickly these can be made.

A few suggestions that you can take or leave:
- It'd be nice if we could have the logo be on top of or below the text. There were a few of the logos that I think would've looked better with the logo on top of the text (imo, the Seabees Baseball is an good example). Others look good under the text.
- When using a third color, it'd be nice to have that third color was put in the hexcode suffix. I know the game only uses two, it'd be for reference only. The game wouldn't use it, but uniform makers might.
- It'd be nice if the inner circle could also be a baseball. For some smaller logos where that circle is sort of a blank field (see Colorado Whiskey Jacks logo) it could fill in more space. I imagine adding that baseball isn't as easy as it sounds though since you'd probably have to draw it.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys

Last edited by cephasjames; 12-18-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:00 PM   #171
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

What a wonderful touch you have, Ceph ... what a combo, with your touch and Justafan's creation ... thanks for sharing !!
Old 12-19-2014, 05:17 AM   #172
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A few suggestions that you can take or leave:
- It'd be nice if we could have the logo be on top of or below the text. There were a few of the logos that I think would've looked better with the logo on top of the text (imo, the Seabees Baseball is an good example). Others look good under the text.
- When using a third color, it'd be nice to have that third color was put in the hexcode suffix. I know the game only uses two, it'd be for reference only. The game wouldn't use it, but uniform makers might.
- It'd be nice if the inner circle could also be a baseball. For some smaller logos where that circle is sort of a blank field (see Colorado Whiskey Jacks logo) it could fill in more space. I imagine adding that baseball isn't as easy as it sounds though since you'd probably have to draw it.
I'll give you 2 out 3. I really don't like the idea of adding a third hex code.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:20 AM   #173
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Update version 1.2.1.0
  • Added "Text on Top" checkbox. Text can now be above or below the imported logo.
  • Added "Baseball on Circle 2" checkbox. Ability to add a baseball image in the center of the Circle 2 style.
Attached Images

Last edited by justafan; 12-19-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #174
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I fiddled around with this to see what I could come up with. Here's what I got (some logos work better with this style than others):

Wow, great Rockers logo! I been meaning to finally make over my Cleveland Rockers team and I'd love to use your logo. Would you happen to have home and away uniforms for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
Update version 1.2.1.0
  • Added "Text on Top" checkbox. Text can now be above or below the imported logo.
  • Added "Baseball on Circle 2" checkbox. Ability to add a baseball image in the center of the Circle 2 style.
You never fail to impress. Thank you for another great update.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #175
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow, great Rockers logo! I been meaning to finally make over my Cleveland Rockers team and I'd love to use your logo. Would you happen to have home and away uniforms for them?
I made some up for you here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d-rockers.html
Old 12-19-2014, 09:49 PM   #176
Nickphillies
All Star Reserve

WOW! Amazing! I may tinker with a Pokemon league or a Final Fantasy league(I've thought it'd be an awesome idea, but I'm not that tech savvy to get it how I want to) during my free time and see what I can come up with.
Nickphillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:05 AM   #177
zappa1
All Star Starter

Justafan Thank you so much for this wonderful program. It makes it simple, that even a dummy like me can do it. The last update is just what I was wanting. It would be a big help if you could add that "text 2" option to the jerseys creator. It would help alot for big city names like North Washington to have it on 2 lines. I'm still learnig the jersey creator program, so maybe there is something I'm missing. Right now I just make the double line text and then import it to the creator. Thank you, again. Wonderful programs. It actually makes it fun to do these logos, jerseys and hats.

Last edited by zappa1; 12-22-2014 at 08:06 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #178
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Justafan Thank you so much for this wonderful program. It makes it simple, that even a dummy like me can do it. The last update is just what I was wanting. It would be a big help if you could add that "text 2" option to the jerseys creator. It would help alot for big city names like North Washington to have it on 2 lines. I'm still learnig the jersey creator program, so maybe there is something I'm missing. Right now I just make the double line text and then import it to the creator. Thank you, again. Wonderful programs. It actually makes it fun to do these logos, jerseys and hats.
I've been asked a few times about adding another text object and also allowing text and image to display at the same time. I think in the next update I'll try to get these in there.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #179
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Can't wait for the MAC version!!

j/k - great program! - I wish I could use it.
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:49 AM   #180
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
Can't wait for the MAC version!!

j/k - great program! - I wish I could use it.
Buy me a Mac and I'll give it a shot.