Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
scuffleball
Major Leagues

FHM Feature list discussion

From the Happy Holidays email sent out from OOTP Developments (not a complete list)
  • Windows and Mac support
  • Two game modes: Modern and Historical
  • 2012-13 game start with these playable leagues: NHL, AHL, ECHL, QMJHL, WHL, OHL, KHL, DEL, Elitserien and EIHL
  • Over 1,000 teams, comprising nearly 100 leagues, that are non-playable but are stocked with real players
  • Start any NHL season from 1947-48 through today, with players appearing on their actual teams or in a draft
  • Real stats, finances, and rules
  • Detailed player model with over 30 skills in 5 main categories
  • Trades, player transfers, RFA/UFA signings, and more
  • Set lines and tactics and make changes on the fly during games that feature a huge, editable play-by-play database
  • News engine featuring a database packed with thousands of articles
  • Stat keeping, including CORSI and Fenwick
  • Almost everything is editable, from logos and colors to data to league rules and more
Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

You guys are fast, I just wanted to post the list.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Hey, this is what happens when you're excited about something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
You guys are fast, I just wanted to post the list.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Noticed that a full fictional mode wasn't included on the list. Although I personally don't mind but seeing as how that is how ootp strived and is known for it would be a devastating blow to the first version and could take away many potential sales of the non hockey ootp current customers. I would of leaned on fictional for that reason alone. But its a choice us hockey fans won't complain about. With that said the game features looks like a great foundation and an excellent start. I am very excited

Last edited by dave1927p; 12-18-2012 at 11:01 AM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Will there be a manager mode in this first version (in game management?)

Looking great!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
scuffleball
Major Leagues

I believe we'll be able to edit basically everything, so creating fictional leagues, etc. will be possible. Granted, not the easiest thing to do, but certainly possible. My guess is that fictional creation will make it in soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Noticed that a full fictional mode wasn't included on the list. Although I personally don't mind but seeing as how that is how ootp strived and is known for it would be a devastating blow to the first version and could take away many potential sales of many non hockey ootp current customers. It would of been an easy choice to do fictional mode over historical mode for that reason alone. With that said the game features although basic looks like a great foundation and an excellent start. I am very excited
Old 12-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

A random name generator shouldn't be too hard to create. That would make a partially fictional league pretty easy to do.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Noticed that a full fictional mode wasn't included on the list. Although I personally don't mind but seeing as how that is how ootp strived and is known for it would be a devastating blow to the first version and could take away many potential sales of many non hockey ootp current customers.

It would of been an easy choice to do fictional mode over historical mode for that reason alone. With that said the game features although basic looks like a great foundation and an excellent start. I am very excited
That's my concern as well, although it is somewhat offset by the fact that we can edit anything. I would hope though that it's not a design decision that makes it hard to add support for wholly fictional leagues later.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
BTerran
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As far as playable leagues go, this was more than I was expecting from version 1.0.

I'm interested to see if there will be international tournaments (Olympics, WJC, etc) and what level of detail is put into those. For example, will the countries have IIHF rankings and will the World Championship feature multiple tiers (Championship, Division I, etc). Ultimately, international competitions aren't a big deal to me as far as the first version of this game goes, but since the big European leagues are playable and it sounds like most of the non-playable leagues will still be populated and simulated in the background, it does make me wonder about the international tournaments.

Either way, I'm very excited to learn more about the game in the coming weeks and play it in the not too distant future.
BTerran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
A random name generator shouldn't be too hard to create. That would make a partially fictional league pretty easy to do.
A random name generator is easy as hell to create (two lists, one for first names, one for surnames, two random numbers, weighted if desired, put the two together...)

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
frisland
Minors (Rookie Ball)

At first i was disappointed with the lack of a fictional mode, but it shouldnt be that hard to start in 67-68, edit the 12 teams and go from there. assuming you can edit the expansion teams before they come in.

also suprised by the lack of Finland.
frisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTerran View Post
As far as playable leagues go, this was more than I was expecting from version 1.0.

I'm interested to see if there will be international tournaments (Olympics, WJC, etc) and what level of detail is put into those. For example, will the countries have IIHF rankings and will the World Championship feature multiple tiers (Championship, Division I, etc). Ultimately, international competitions aren't a big deal to me as far as the first version of this game goes, but since the big European leagues are playable and it sounds like most of the non-playable leagues will still be populated and simulated in the background, it does make me wonder about the international tournaments.

Either way, I'm very excited to learn more about the game in the coming weeks and play it in the not too distant future.
I really hope so but I would be very surprised if most were there (like olympics, world championship, wjc, superseries, canada cup etc). European cups maybe. I imagine its high up there on the list for the second version. International hockey is so big to the evolution of the game so they'll have to fit it in eventually.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #13
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuffleball View Post
From the Happy Holidays email sent out from OOTP Developments (not a complete list)
  • 2012-13 game start with these playable leagues: KHL
YES!! Danke Sebastian and co.! Now please take my money for this game!!
Old 12-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
catcherjul
Major Leagues

WOW!! Can't wait to play this game, its gonna be awsome Like everyone said, its the first version and I better like to have less features but a working game than the opposite. I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun anyway

I was just wondering what will be the in-game sim? Period by period with box score at the end of each period? Play-by-play text sim with only important things showing? Only sim entire game?

Can't wait to see screenshots and thanks to the developpers to create a hockey SIM game that will become as much addictive as ootp baseball 13
catcherjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
Perfecto
Minors (Single A)

Will it have online league play like OOTP?
Perfecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
DrNick
Bat Boy

Can I request a feature enhancement? Playable EPIHL (UK Tier 2) would be a big deal to me...
DrNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
Methodz
Minors (Single A)

Money's been waiting to leave my account since last October
Methodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

What does the 1000 teams ,over 100 leagues,non-playable mean?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #19
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Noticed that a full fictional mode wasn't included on the list. Although I personally don't mind but seeing as how that is how ootp strived and is known for it would be a devastating blow to the first version and could take away many potential sales of the non hockey ootp current customers.
On the one hand, I agree. On the other hand, if one looks at the history of EHM, it seems to have had the same sort of following as does FM: people mostly interested only in playing out existing leagues with existing players. So that reality may be (understandably) driving the selection of first edition features.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #20
jayc4life
Bat Boy

Like that the historical seasons start so far back, will that be an NHL-only feature, or are you compiling data from across the other leagues (if they were around back then) to preserve accuracy across the board?

Really looking forward to seeing screenshots of this, and hopefully getting my hands on it sooner rather than later.
jayc4life is offline   Reply With Quote